5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book
This is a great book. Lots of inspiration, ideas to get going and information about various mediums. Great ideas to overcome creative block too! I would recommend this book to beginners or more experienced artists.
Published 16 months ago by jmr

3.0 out of 5 stars nice book, but quite basic and tired
if i'd paid full price for this book i'd not have been pleased at all. it is a simplistic book, and not very inspiring. i found it quite dated, basic, and a bit flat to be honest. the pictures and illustrations are okay, but nothing special. i've used the book for general reference for art journaling, but don't tend to use it much.
Published 11 months ago by worldjazzstore

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 12 July 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Has got me started!, 4 Jun 2013
C. Cole (Leigh-on-Sea, Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
The book is sketchbook shaped and feels accessible and inspiring. The book has themes, illustrated by different artists, each clearly demonstrating a mixed media technique. I have several books like this but the challenge of fixed themes has opened my artistic block!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very inspiring book, 22 May 2013
Will have hours and hours of creative fun with this book and will unlock many more ideas and techniques to try.

3.0 out of 5 stars nice book, but quite basic and tired, 11 Dec 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Developing ideas, 2 Jan 2013
D. R. Collins (Portsmouth UK) - See all my reviews
The book has 'bump started' me into action. It is a useful resource that i can share with others, particularly those starting out on developing creative sketchbooks.

4.0 out of 5 stars My challenge, 27 Jan 2013
This book meets my needs and inspires me. I needed a kick start to get going again after the festive season.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational!, 27 Nov 2014
This review is from: The Sketchbook Challenge: Techniques, Prompts, and Inspiration for Achieving Your Creative Goals (Kindle Edition)
I wanted inspiration and his has definitely helped. I love books - real books on the craft side but I am becoming a lover of kindle 'craft' books because I can carry them with me - phone, kindle, laptop - and with mobile wifi I can click onto the links within the books and access even more inspirational material. It is a well laid out book: taking you through the various steps and materials for Sketchbooks as well as offering you an insight into other people's approach. I would recommend this book as a great reference book for al levels of ability.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... know what my sketch books are supposed to look like for uni, 28 July 2014
At last I know what my sketch books are supposed to look like for uni, great book

5.0 out of 5 stars Full of ideas, 29 Mar 2013
I've really enjoyed dipping in and out of this book. It's full of useful and inspiring ideas and all very well illustrated.

5.0 out of 5 stars My first arty kindle book, 28 Mar 2013
J. Hales (W Yorks, UK) - See all my reviews
Was a bit concerned that I wouldn't get the same inspiration from a kindle book of this nature, but either because of the way it is put together or just because it is a very simple ideas book that holds your hand through various techniques, it was no less enjoyable than a printed book would have been. I am quite arty but have a fear of drawing. I am hopeful that this book will get be over my fear of drawing!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›