on 17 March 2014
What would you do if Aliens came to earth and wiped out most of the population…apart from you and a few others? This is what happens to Bethany and she is forced to rely on her survival instincts as she discovers those same aliens are pursuing her and the other remaining people.

To up the tension further, add Cade, a mysterious and gorgeous figure from her past who has unusually good survival skills and a ferocious urge to protect Bethany. Then there’s Bret, the high school sweetheart she knows she should be in love with but isn’t.

The story is fast paced and exciting, catapulting the reader from one possible disaster to the next with a good bit of romantic tension thrown in. It’s easy to relate to Bethany’s terror and Cade is mysterious and fascinating. Bret is rather annoying, but that’s clearly the point and the author does a great job of eliciting reactions to the various characters they draw into their group along the way. The relationships are believable and the way the characters grow up and evolve through their trauma is interesting to watch.

This is the first ‘alien invasion’ book I’ve read and I really enjoyed it. I’m going straight into number two, Taken Over, and am looking forward to finding out how they get themselves out of their nightmare situation. I’m also hoping to find out more about the mystery that is Cade. I have my own suspicions, but I won’t write them here in case I’m right!
on 23 October 2012
I was a bit confused by the first chapter. I didn't realise it was a book on aliens & spaceships. It was a good story though sometimes it did seem to waffle on.
on 7 March 2013
I read the reviews and thought that I wouldn't like this book but actually really enjoyed it. I thought it was quite scary and reading it in a dark bedroom probably not one of the best decisions I have made.
There are some minor errors though in text so that is a little bit disappointing.
I have read the captive series and this is not as good but well Worth reading.
The writing is quite the same though so some of the expressions that are used I noticed were used in this story so it sort of takes the suspense away a little bit because you think oh I read that in the captive series.
If you liked the story or aria and braith then you will most likely enjoy this series too.
on 5 October 2013
Well this book took me a while to read. It was action from the start and didn't seem to stop but even with that it was a little slow, although I find myself wanting to get the next book to see where this story goes. The love story is sweet and romantic in very dire times but I can't help thinking there is more to Cade than meets the eye. Bethany is a reserved girl who has always felt pain so strongly and only Cade has been able to see through her exterior. There is good background given and some flash backs from Bethany's point of view. I would suggest reading this book as it throws a spin on aliens and what to expect from these monsters.
on 7 April 2016
I really enjoyed this book. Not what I was expecting with the aliens but I thought it was well written, descriptive and the characters were believable.

Cade was my favourite though, dark and moody, your typical bad boy but I loved him.

I swiftly downloaded the others in the series after this one and read all three in just over a day. Will definitely be reading more by this author and have already downloaded the first one in the Captive series.
on 26 March 2013
really different ideas and mix of hunger games and the host but really different take to being taken over by aliens. I am not normally the sci fi type but I really got into this storyline and really loved the characters and the different emotions ad connection they had to each other. cant wait to read the rest of the series.
on 8 November 2012
I was a little sceptical about this book due to the idea behind it but gave it ago as i love all of the other books from erica stevens, and i have to say i wasnt dissapointed, itd gripping and thrilling and i couldnt put it down, and just had to pick up the second one too, a difinate good read
on 28 March 2014
Cannot believe this series is free. I brought and read all 3 within 2 days, my first time reading science fiction novels and I'm so glad I gave them a go. They are for young adults but even at 24 i still really enjoyed them. Disheartend that there isn't more.
on 27 August 2013
Full of action, intrigue and romance this is a book not to be put down!! Erica manages to capture the heat of passion and the excitement of the chase in another brilliant series. I bought the second book way before I'd even finished the first!
on 7 May 2013
I have surprisingly enjoyed this book. Normally I don't read books about aliens but this one was fascinating. It was a really thrilling novella that keeps you in constant suspense. I look forward to reading the next instalment. Amazing!