4.0 out of 5 stars enjoyable fantasy
Hendrickson writes well and keeps the action zipping along, merrily rewriting religion and history. Totally fantastical of course but an enjoyable read which left me intrigued enough to purchase the next book in the series. That's Egypt and the Hebrews sorted, here we go for the Roman Empire. Certainly doesn't lack ambition.
Published 5 months ago by Mardy

1.0 out of 5 stars Origins or not
Published 9 months ago by Anne Selby

1.0 out of 5 stars Origins or not, 23 Mar 2014
This review is from: Origins (Kindle Edition)
I want to say it's marvellous, but it's actually very disjointed. I got to the end and I am no wiser as to what it was about than I was when I first started. I found it almost impossible to relate to 'Hastelloy', but a lot of that might have been because he was a rather unlikable character with a ridiculous name and he and his alien compadres spoke like boys from the hood. The characters of Mark and the actual archaeologists were very random, like they were popped out of a box and just inserted without much attention paid to how, where or why they fitted into the story. At some point the reader is supposed to relate to or at least like one of the characters, but I found it almost impossible to like any of them!

On the whole a rather peculiarly disappointing read.

4.0 out of 5 stars enjoyable fantasy, 12 July 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but confused...., 1 Oct 2013
This review is from: Origins (Kindle Edition)
To the author - I really enjoyed the book but there were some parts you did not think about whilst penning the book and had me wondering about it the whole way through then the book ended!! Like why was hastlloy in a mental home? Why was he spilling his life story to a psychiatrist? The ending of the book was very frustrating also as it abruptly finished even if it was a book 1 it had no discern able end it just stopped and left me annoyed!!
Good book though will read the others

5.0 out of 5 stars Page turner, 13 Sep 2014
This review is from: Origins (Kindle Edition)
I've read a few books where there are 2 or 3 storylines going on, with all of them coming together in the end. It's usually not too difficult to see where the story is going, but in this case I didn't cotton on until very close to the end. I'm definitely going to read more of Mark Henrikson's books.

5.0 out of 5 stars origins, 22 Jun 2014
This review is from: Origins (Kindle Edition)
Wow, I just loved this book. A mix of genres that gave a very interesting take on events throughout time spans. I loved the believability in the story and look forward to the next episodes.
Kim

3.0 out of 5 stars yeah, 7 Oct 2013
This review is from: Origins (Kindle Edition)
Not what i expected but not as bad as some i've read, could have done better.
Almost as though, i've got this idea for a book, let's knock one out

3.0 out of 5 stars I like the idea and ongoing concept, 21 Dec 2014
This review is from: Origins (Kindle Edition)
The story is too fragmented and lacks continuity until very close to the end of this, the first in a series of books. Sometimes an author can see the story strands in his minds eye, but does not communicate them readily. Also, there is an attempt, when rewriting the biblical stories, to try to bring in perhaps too many elements. I like the idea and ongoing concept, although I'm unsure about the use of a psychiatrist as the recipient of the story? It is clear that if all the series' books could be read contiguously, it would start to come together. I like the writing style and will read the next book in the series, but by the end of this first book, I am still confused about each of the strands of characters.

4.0 out of 5 stars Origins = Original, 4 Dec 2014
Anthony V (Sidmouth Devon) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Origins (Kindle Edition)
Cross the film the 10 Commandments with the Star Gate or Star Wars series and you won't go far wrong.
A very original plot. If this was ever made into a film. The psychiatrist who appears in The Terminator film interviewing Sarah Connor would be an ideal person for the role here as well.
Whilst accepting this is a trilogy the story I felt tended to splutter and lose a bit of speed and pace in the final chapters.
But all told a good and different read.

5.0 out of 5 stars A historical jigsaw puzzle - couldn't put this book down., 22 Nov 2014
This review is from: Origins (Kindle Edition)
What clever use of historical events. This author's imagination made this a wonderful read. I'm a firm believer in God but also love pretending and shown a "what if" scenario. This was a delight to read and I thoroughly enjoyed getting lost in this alternative history lesson. I cannot wait to read his next book in this series.

1.0 out of 5 stars I'm glad I got this as a free book, 7 Dec 2014
This review is from: Origins (Kindle Edition)
I'm glad I got this as a free book, I would have asked for my money back if I had paid for it! Poorly written, badly paced, not spellchecked, stilted language, this first in a series won't be enticing me to get the next instalment. I think I got as far as chapter 5 before I decided that life wasn't long enough to waste on this .

Origins