Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.99

on 6 June 2014
Written from Maya's POV, who returns back to her home town to live with her sister, Remy. With her mum in rehab and the previous death of her brother and father Maya has had to live and cope on her own. Moving back she meets back up with Ben who has some serious issues. They live in a town where gossip and rumours are rife. Innocent until proven guilty is certainly not the case in this town. When Ben's brother kills his girlfriend the town's folk blame Ben. He is bullied, manipulated and broken down by his peers and parents. When he meets persistent Maya who just doesn't believe in gossip and rumours and wants to befriend him, this enrages Ben's enemy and the situation goes from bad to worse for them both. I enjoyed reading the book but thought the extracts from other books at the end was unnecessary at almost 20% of the book length. With that in mind it was a free book so it was well worth the read.
on 11 August 2012
Great book...the ending was amazing really worth the money and the story line was touching and i could not put it down.
I really didnt expect the ending big thingy WOW!

LOVED IT. enough said. :D
on 5 October 2012
Brilliant book, had me page turning, crying, smiling, gasping..I did not see the end coming...Absolutely fantastic well done Amity. You really connected to the characters, I loved Ben, you could tell he was a good guy, you really felt like you were going through it all with him..very touching and thought provoking book.
on 28 June 2013
I don't even know where to begin. This has been my favorite book for a long time, I don't even think I can write a review to give it justice.

When I picked this book up I wasn't expecting what Amity delivered. I figured it would be another quick read to fill a bored evening.

It did fill a bored evening. And many, many more. I can't even count how many times I've re-read this book. Every single time I am just as engrossed as the first time. I still cannot put it down.

Maya had just returned to the town she grew up in, and it's her senior year. She becomes injured in the opening scene, and a good Samaritan, in the form of a hot guy, comes to her rescue. He was a little hesitant to interact, but concerned that she was okay.

This begins the string of rejections Maya takes better than any person I know. Repeatedly, Ben ignores, avoids, brushes Maya off, and even blatantly tells her to go away. Maya is resilient, and completely undeterred.

Ben is a guy of few words. But those few words are meaningful, Ben doesn't speak unless it's important. He isn't afraid to say what he feels or thinks. Ben is surprisingly funny as well.

Ben is not a jackhole. He isn't being mean; he has a very important reason to stay away from Maya. He's never even rude, just a master at implication. He can make it utterly clear Maya shouldn't be there with a simple look.

Ben is protecting Maya, and does so throughout the entire book. He does it the only way he knows how, and Maya makes that exceptionally difficult. But they create a connection they both want, and have to fight for it because of a tragedy that hit their small town two years prior.

The side characters make me angry. Except for Phoebe, she was great. She supported Maya, no matter how ugly things became. While everyone else was criticizing, Phoebe allowed Maya to enjoy those amazing feelings and moments of the beginning of a relationship. Maya was able to gush and feel that excitement.

The final climatic scene in the book was actually surprising for me. I didn't expect a YA book to go down that path. However, Amity executed it perfectly.

I cannot wait for Phoebe's book. I cannot wait to see how Ben and Maya are doing, but I also want Phoebe to have that HEA.

Amity, you are amazing. I am going to stalk you and read all of your upcoming releases.

For anybody who doesn't love YA, but wants to read about a younger group of people, this is perfect.
on 29 October 2012
Great read. Really enjoyable. Romance, murder, betrayal, deceit - everything you can thinks of - all rolled into one book. Book also represents excellent value for money at less than £2.
on 11 April 2014
Wow wow wow wow wow! I have read the truth and dares series and loved them, but this book just exceeded my expectations! The main character was fantastically written and the supporting characters were great as well. I haven't read all of Amity's books but I can't imagine them getting better than this! In fact, I think Twisted is one of my favourite books ever!
on 18 November 2014
As soon as I started the book this evening I knew I would have to finish it. It's now 2am and I'm tired but it was worth it! This is a very good book, the thriller aspect keeps you reading and you care about the characters. I would recommend it.
on 30 November 2014
This book is aimed at YA and although I'm in my 30s I thoroughly enjoyed this book. The story line is quite unqiue, I felt for one of the main characters, Ben, who has been subjected to a lonely life filled with negativity and bullying. It was a real page turner and I read it quite quickly as I wanted to know how it ends. If you're looking for something quite different to the normal YA books and a main character who isn't annoying this is the book for you!
on 2 January 2013
Twisted is one of the best books I have read this year. 10/10!

It is such a heart warming story that had me laughing and crying all the way through. I'm so glad I purchased this book as it is such good value for money. Brilliant and a bit different from your typical Romantic novel, a little cheesy but who cares?
It had me gripped all the way though and I couldn't put it down.

Buy it now!!
on 30 August 2012
This must be one of the best books I have read. That's saying something. It has you gripped from the start to the end. Tears of sadness & joy and always want to read on. It took me a night to read this as I couldn't put it down!... Well done Amity Hope! Looking forward to more books of hers if they are as well written as this!!