5.0 out of 5 stars Anthony
Being a a regular buyer of Katia Lief books for my Kindle from Amazon, The 12th Victim was as enjoyable as all the others.Keepthem coming Amazon.
Published on 8 Nov 2012 by TB

3.0 out of 5 stars Trundles along....
Published on 20 Aug 2012 by Best Crime Books

3.0 out of 5 stars Trundles along...., 20 Aug 2012
Best Crime Books "Best Crime Books" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Having read the other 2 books in Katia Lief's Karin Schaeffer series I was looking forward to this one. With the synopsis telling us that young women are being murdered and Karin and Mac's best friend Billy becomes the lead detective it sounded interesting. The last book in the series was okay, it was certainly readable but I felt it was lacking a certain something. This third instalment was only 368 pages so whatever the book was like it wouldn't take me long to get through.

It doesn't take long for the reader to re-establish themselves with Karin and her husband Mac. They live with their young son Ben and Mac is suffering from a serious bout of flu when Karin gets a call from their close friend Billy. Billy is the lead detective on a new case but is suffering from post traumatic stress. This ultimately starts the story with a more personal element and the crime scene seems to be secondary to this. However, it soon becomes apparent that Billy's attacks are more frequent and this leads to Karin's involvement in the cases.

At around the halfway mark, I found myself enjoying the book but it just seemed to trundle along and there was no real urgency to the story. I found myself getting irritated by the constant referral to Billy's stress attacks and this lessened the enjoyment somewhat. The crimes themselves could have worked out really well as all the key ingredients were there. We had murder, human trafficking and numerous suspects but it just didn't seem to gel together well enough.

The elements of the book I enjoyed the most was the main characters themselves and I think Karin, Mac and Billy make great key characters in a series like this. If the crime elements were notched up a bit then the end result would be a lot better. I certainly didn't dislike this book, but just felt with all the competition out there in this genre, there wasn't enough to make it that memorable. I will certainly read the next instalment to see what happens to Mac and Karin but otherwise, may well have not bothered.

3.0 out of 5 stars Item was as ordered, 26 Jan 2014
This review is from: The 12th Victim (Kindle Edition)
I Chose this rating as the item was as ordered and as how I expected
delivery was as stated when ordered

5.0 out of 5 stars Anthony, 8 Nov 2012

3.0 out of 5 stars An okay read, 24 Sep 2012
This is the third Katia Lief book I have read and if I am brutally honest she's not the best author I have read. However, having said that, if you are looking for a 'not too heavy' read then she is entertaining and I did find I wanted to finish the book to see what happens, and I wouldn't say no to reading another of her books. I'd rate her as 3 out of 5 for her books.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's rather good, 12 Sep 2012
Amazon Customer "Sussman" (London CA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is my first book by Katia Lief. The book gives quite a few sudden shockwaves for those of us adrenaline junkies, and overall a quite enjoyable read. The narrative is well crafted and suspense is like `live current' throughout many chapters. The main character - Karin Schaeffer - is richly moulded and, I am sure that most people will identify with her character. The ending is slightly disappointing, as it is rather predicable and fans of this type thriller will find the ending all too familiar.

3.0 out of 5 stars Basic but enjoyable police procedural/serial murder plot, 28 July 2012
JK "J. K." (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Enjoyable. I've read Katia Lief in the past and think this is probably her best novel. The plot's lightweight but; there's a lot going on and the constant movement keeps the story ticking along nicely. The 12th Victim is incredibly easy to read, finished the book in a couple of days, and it's one of those novels you can dip in and out of without losing track of the plot. This is a basic police procedural with lots of investigation, bodies all over the place, and the typical cat and mouse chase which seems to ensue in every Katia Lief novel. The character of "The Working Girl Killer" isn't too real, I struggled to believe in him, and there's no real darkness or violence considering the subject matter. Very typical of this genre, nothing special, and it's a case with Katia Lief that if you've read one of her novels you're not going to be surprised by any of the others, they do follow a tried and tested format. The 12th Victim is a well written and entertaining read though never challenging.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 4 May 2014
Mrs. Sandra Strachan (UK) - See all my reviews
I really enjoyed this book and would recommend this and as usual on Amazon I got it at a great price

5.0 out of 5 stars another great book you can not put down, 10 Jan 2014
This is the 3rd book in the Karin Schaeffers story's
Karin and Mac have a a house keeper called Chali to help look after there son Ben, while both of them do the PI work,she is saving money so that her daughter Dathi can Come to live in the States
Billy who you remember from the last book getting shot is having flash backs of the shooting and he calls Mac, but Mac has flu and so Karin goes to see to him and while there a young girl has been hit by a car and another working girl had been killed.
The young women are all prostitute at the same time the young girl family is dead and Chali worked from the once babysitting. she tries to tell Karin but never got to tell her, the next day she dont turn up for work and karin waits and then goes to find her only to find her dead.
This book as lots of twist and turns to it and you wont be able to put the book down

5.0 out of 5 stars the 12th victim, 27 Sep 2013
the 12th victim
katia lief
came in time
came in good shape
very interesting read a good read very very good

4.0 out of 5 stars strange ending, 10 May 2013
This review is from: The 12th Victim (Kindle Edition)
strange ending not as good as her outher books but still could not put it down never gussed how did it

The 12th Victim