5.0 out of 5 stars Now Reggae
As a big reggae fan from the 70s & 80s. When I saw this advertised on Tv I knew I had to have it, and it's not disappointed. I love to listen and sing along whilst driving it makes the time fly by. I would highly recommend it.
Published on 18 Aug 2012 by Linds29

1.0 out of 5 stars I Really Wouldn't Call That Reggae
Now I know that due to rights and what not, the album was never going to have the all time classics from artists like Bob and Peter Tosh or any of the Marley boys, but still...
Published on 27 Jun 2012 by Mr Bald

1.0 out of 5 stars I Really Wouldn't Call That Reggae, 27 Jun 2012
This review is from: Now That's What I Call Reggae (Audio CD)
Out of the 60 songs, only 5-10 should be making it anywhere near a compilation of great reggae hits. There are a couple of classics like Diana King and Wayne Wade, but there are so so so many more missing. And there is just the one newish song from Gyptian, when the reggae scene is thriving at the moment, with Beenieman, Sean Paul, Alborosie, and Protoje to name a few.
An absolute waste of time if your looking for a bit of decent reggae.
I'm very glad that I looked through the track list before purchasing, I mean just seeing the name Peter Andre shows straight away this is not what you're looking for.

1.0 out of 5 stars Tripe!!, 3 Nov 2012
This review is from: Now That's What I Call Reggae (Audio CD)
What a bag of cack - I haven't bought this item, I'm just looking through the track listing. I really can't stand this mixture of weak, poppy, tenuous 'reggae' & whoever compiled this lot wants hanging!!
If you want to hear decent reggae music, I suggest checking out the likes of Big Youth, Prince Far I, Burning Spear, Abyssinians, Dr Alimantado (Best Dressed Chicken), Poet & The Roots, Tapper Zukie, I Roy, Midnite, Mighty Diamonds.... I could go on.
The point is, if you really like reggae music, you probably aren't going to rate this offering very highly. Then again, if you like 'pop' reggae - fill your boots.

2.0 out of 5 stars 'Nasty Cash-In Compilation Full Of Flaws', 4 July 2012
Antony May (East Sussex, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Now That's What I Call Reggae (Audio CD)
I must admit to being more than a little surprised at the poor quality of this compilation. The 'Now' brand has (for all its sins) up until now always been one associated with original- same as the radio- versions and well compiled collections. Well, on the evidence of 'Now That's what I Call Reggae', that reputation is no longer valid!

Not only is this compilation uninspired to say the least (all the usual oldies, plus a host of pop/reggae crossovers and a few tenuous selections) a good many of the songs here are either NOT the original hit version of the song or have been edited in some way. To add to the misery the sound quality varies wildly and CJ Lewis 'Sweets For My Sweet' has such a hissy, thin and trebly sound its almost unlistenable.

The truth about this compilation is that in tough economic times and finding themselves increasingly redundant record companies are trying to do whatever they can to drum up sales. The inclusion of 'Walking On The Moon' by The Police is tenuous but just about acceptable but how anyone could call 'Don't Worry, Be Happy' by Bobby McFerrin reggae is beyond me? With downloading having pretty much killed off the charts and what chart there is now perpetually full of little but R&B and Rap songs there have not been any truly crossover reggae smashes for some years now. Thus, 'Now That's What I Call Reggae' is the kind of compilation we can expect to see more and more of from now on, I'm afraid.

Give this a miss.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good collection of commercial reggae tracks BUT..., 27 Jun 2012
This review is from: Now That's What I Call Reggae (Audio CD)
I feel I must let Amazon customers know a few problems with the tracklist. The major problem with this collection is that the record label have used what sounds like a hideous low quality MP3 of Kevin Lyttle's "Turn Me On" on CD1. It sounds dreadful on any sound system, which is a shame as I have the CD single of this track and that sounds fine. You can hear how awful it sounds by listening to the samples on the download album.

I can only presume someone at the label who is nearly deaf chose to use this version. I don't think this is acceptable really in 2012 and from a label as well known as Universal. If this compilation was on a dodgy label and I'd bought it in a garden centre, I might not be so bothered.

Also some information for the anoraks - the versions of UB40's "(I Can't Help) Falling In Love With You", Shabba Ranks' "Mr Loverman" and Dawn Penn's "You Don't Love Me" are the album versions, so if you are hoping to hear the versions you heard on the radio you will be disappointed. I also noticed that some tracks fade early too (CJ Lewis and Red Dragon).

In conclusion I would recommend getting this if you don't own any reggae music and you don't mind skipping the Kevin Lyttle track, but it's a shame that the full radio edits of some tracks were not used.

5.0 out of 5 stars Now Reggae, 18 Aug 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 12 July 2014
Efficient

4.0 out of 5 stars was quickly delivered and the brand new cd's are easy to listen, 4 July 2014
This review is from: Now That's What I Call Reggae (Audio CD)
Lots of different songs, was quickly delivered and the brand new cd's are easy to listen to

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 July 2014
its great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hey, 15 May 2014
This review is from: Now That's What I Call Reggae (Audio CD)
I have always loved reggae music. It is great to have all the various artists in this collection. I will recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars now thats what i call reggie, 9 May 2014
This review is from: Now That's What I Call Reggae (Audio CD)
wow this is fabulous , only new about it because i heard it playing in a sub shop asked girl what it was , run home and bought it , if you like reggie this is for you , great to sing along to in car, reccommend highly

Now That's What I Call Reggae
Now That's What I Call Reggae by Various Artists (Audio CD - 2012)