on 18 September 2012
This box set contains the three currently available Octonauts DVDs. A total of 26 episodes and 24 creature reports. Fantastic value and one of the better kids programmes around. We don't even mind watching it with them, although it's likely that you'll be humming the creature report tune all day!

The DVDs have the following episodes:

1. Here come the Octonauts! (Whale Shark * Undersea Storm * Crab & Urchin * Walrus Chief * Flying Fish * Giant Squid * Orcas * Great Algae Escape * 8 Creature Reports)

2. To the Gups! (Remipedes * Blobfish Brothers * Lost Sea Star * Giant Kelp Forest * Speedy Sailfish * Monster Map * Albino Humpback Whale * Enemy Anemones * Great Penguin Race - 22 minute special * 8 Creature Reports)

3. Ready for Action! (Narwhal * Midnight Zone * Snapping Shrimp * Snot Sea Cucumber * Giant Whirlpool * Hermit Crab * Mixed Up Whales * Kelp Forest Rescue * Great Christmas Rescue - 22 minute special * How to make a Gup X - 3 minute special * 8 Creature Reports)
11 comment|56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 April 2013
my daughter loves octonauts she puts it on first thing in the morning and even though she has watched it over and over again she still loves it well worth the price my only fear is she will wear it out before she grows out of it. she has the subtitles on and reads along with it when she knows what is about to be said, she is only 2 and this is a great way for her to learn to read and learn about the sea creatures it is a good all round entertainment
on 26 April 2013
My 3.5 yr old son is Octonauts MAD, and it has to be said that this 3 DVD set represents not only FANTASTIC value for money, but also quite a lot of valuable peace and quiet!
on 17 September 2012
A lovely gift for any Octonauts fans. This set contains the first 24 episodes of Octonauts on three separate DVDs, each in their own plastic case, as a box set:

1 Here come the Octonauts (8 episodes)
2 To the Gups (9 episodes)
3 Ready for Action! (9 episodes)

It is essentially the first three DVDs boxed up together. It also includes the extras (24 creature reports, "the great penguin race" episode, "the great Christmas rescue" episode and "how to make a Gup")

This is good value (currently priced at 9.99) compared to buying all three separately. Our children are big Octonauts fans, and so are delighted to be able to watch all the episodes again (and again, and again....)
on 8 February 2014
These DVD's have been played and played over again, good value for money and kids and adults alike love them. Content very educational, taught me a few things about marine biology!! Long live the Octonauts!
on 20 March 2016
Obviously, with kids' TV programmes you need to suspend a little disbelief. But, at the same time, I think it needs to be said that the Octonauts is really weird. I mean there's an octopus with a monocle and a bow-tie, and a piratical cat with an eye-patch. And that's just for starters. However, it is also brilliant!

The Octonauts are a group of animals that live underwater in the 'octopod' (which reminds me of the baddie's secret hideout from The Spy Who Loved Me). They have a mission to 'explore, rescue, protect', which they do by patrolling the oceans in a range of fish-like vehicles known as 'gups'. They are also assisted by the mysterious 'vegimals'. They're kind of like aquatic animal thunderbirds. FAB Kwazii!

I occasionally find myself wondering about the ethics of their distinctly interventionist approach - but it's just possible I'm taking it all a bit too seriously! :-)

Most importantly - the kids love it. You get three CDs (in normal boxes - packed in to one cardboard pack) and loads of episodes, so it's great value. My favourite thing is the way the sea creatures all have regional accents - like scouse walruses and Geordie flying-fish. My favourite Octonaut is the engineer, Tweak - a green rabbit with a Southern US accent, who's always got a 'bunch of munchy crunchy carrots' on the go. Superb!
on 28 March 2013
My five and two year old boys love everything there is about the octonauts. There is so much that my five year old has learned about the ocean and animals due to these little guys.
on 7 June 2013
Well worth the money I paid for it, even if it is mainly the x1 xmas special that we have to watch!
on 18 November 2014
Well this has been amazing value for money - my son has been obsessed with the octonauts since he was 2 - he's now just over 4 and is still octonauts obsessed. So it's fair to say these DVD's have been used a LOT!
There are 3 dvd's in the pack and between them they offer a wide selection of episodes, with hours of footage for any little octonauts fan.
I find the octonauts very bearable as an adult, unlike some children's programmes which really grate on your nerves after a while.
They are also educational, he has learnt a lot from the octonauts - even I have learnt about some species I had never heard of before. They also teach children the message about protecting our oceans and the creatures living in it.
on 9 January 2013
My 3 children, aged 7, 5 and 2 years old all love the Octonuats. As a parent I find it has very good story lines that incorporates educational material about undersea animals and marine life. The characters are cute and funny which appeal to the younger children and my eldest enjoys learning about sharks, whales, crabs etc when watching the episodes. To be honest, mum and dad enjoy watching it too as we find the characters quite entertaining and the banter between them very amusing. Kwazi Cat is quite a hoot and everytime Captain Barnacles says 'Octonauts to your launch stations!'. it makes me laugh as my 2 year old does a little dance of excitement.