5.0 out of 5 stars Parish & Richards
Published 18 months ago by M. Parker

3.0 out of 5 stars Too much cling......
I have only read the first book.... The storyline was excellent - I found the puppy dog behaviour of Mary Richards intensely irritating. Had I have been Mr Parish I would have definitely found a less clingy partner....

Published on 7 Aug 2012 by Ken J

5.0 out of 5 stars Parish & Richards, 22 Jun 2013
M. Parker (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Parish & Richards (Books 1 - 3) (Parish & Richards Boxset) (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed the first 3 books in the series so much that I have bought all 9 that Tim Ellis has written with these two characters. I did find that Parish's sidekick Richards was sometimes like a spoiled sulking child which irritated after a while but she does settle down in book 4. thank goodness. Yes I would recommend this block of the first pairing of these pair of crime solvers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great series, 28 Oct 2013
Fabulous gripping book but with a great background with quite a few laughs. I started reading this series from book 1 about 5/6 weeks ago and | am now on book 8 - you really feel that you knpw the characters - a brilliant writer .

3.0 out of 5 stars Too much cling......, 7 Aug 2012

Having now read all three of these - I have to re-state - I loved the storylines - but I found the relationship between Parish and Richards completely unbelievable - and frankly I would have told her that she needs to grow up.... I will avoid any further Parish and Richards stories but will happily read anything else this author cares to publish.......

4.0 out of 5 stars "So mean" was very jading, 28 July 2014
The trilogy was a good read. It was a pity about Richards constantly saying that Parish was "So mean" every 5 minutes, she got very jading. She appeared to be about 6 years old, no wonder she wanted Parish to be her Stepfather. Apart from that, the storylines were quite good. I have downloaded the next trilogy, so she may have grown up a bit.

5.0 out of 5 stars parish & richards 1'2'3, 25 Aug 2013
Tim Ellis's Congeries of the dead 1,2&3 brilliant read abit gruesome but couldn't put it down, many a late night and early morning trying to get too the end

3.0 out of 5 stars Good reads, 25 Feb 2013
A little on the gory side but nevertheless a good read as expected from Tim Ellis. Long may he continue to write.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 30 Jan 2013
My friend recommended these books to me and I bought all of them last month. I have just finished this triology and I found them absolutely absorbing I am there in the mist of it all! You get right into the characters and there are some funny quibs. There are also some far fetched moments but they are stories after all! I loved them and have just started the next triology 4, 5 and 6 and then I will be on the next books 7 and 8!

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, if improbable serial killer plots with likeable lead characters., 1 Dec 2012
The Parish and Richards stories are very readable and enjoyable. They lurch from one serial killer investigation to another. The plots are good although some of the situations are on the edge of credibility!
I awarded 4 stars mainly on the basis that I read the whole trilogy straight through. They got better as they went on and I am looking forward to the next 3.

5.0 out of 5 stars Categories of the dead 1. 2. 3., 29 July 2012
You don't won't to put them down thay are so good any book by tim Ellis is good the story's just flow