5.0 out of 5 stars android iluv
Bought this for my s4 and very happy with the speaker, you will need to set graphic equaliser on phone and set user or rock to get a bassy sound :)
defo a must buy :)
Published 8 months ago by gadgetdude

3.0 out of 5 stars Clever and user-friendly but build isn't special
I acquired my iLuv box in a supermarket for a heavily reduced price which made the package altogether more appealing.
Published 19 months ago by A. A. Oakes

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Clever and user-friendly but build isn't special, 3 Dec 2012
A. A. Oakes "mollusc" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: iLuv MobiAir Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Speaker Dock for Android Smartphones (Accessory)
On removal from the packaging, the overall appearance of the unit is quite good. It is reasonably weighty for the small size and feels reasonably constructed. However, on plugging in the power lead there was a lot of resistance, and the micro USB charging plug could not be made parallel to the phone cradle, both of which indicate fairly large construction tolerances and cheap manufacture.
Connecting the device Bluetooth to a Samsung smart phone was very easy, and after some jiggling both a Galaxy Note and an S2 with their slim covers sat in the charging cradle and were given adequate support.
Sound quality was much superior in quality and volume to a mobile phone, but well short of even a modest micro hi fi: What there is of the audio is reasonably balanced, but there is a woeful lack of bass. For what I paid, the size of the unit and my intended use for talk rather than music, this isn't a problem. However, at full rrp it is starting to tread on the toes of altogether better audio devices - that may also have rechargeable battery power.
In summary, it's great to be able to play music/talk whilst charging my Android phone, but it's no Bang & Olufsen.

5.0 out of 5 stars android iluv, 13 Nov 2013
defo a must buy :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 24 Nov 2013
Bought this from a supermarket and its been great, had it for over a year and always worked perfectly. Just changed my phone from S2 to nexus 5 with the new phone the micro USB is round the other way but with this dock you can even turn this around. I would definitely recommend this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality/price relation, 26 Sep 2013
For the price, this is product is very satisfactory!
It does what promises! Only the sound could be better, but this isn't a 100€ product...

1.0 out of 5 stars Product not supplied with AC power adapter, 31 Dec 2013
At the moment this product is just a chunk of black plastic that I'm unable to use. It was not supplied with a power adapter and is therefore unusable!

I have contacted iLuv (as they insist you do in their enclosed leaflet) however it is now 4 days later and they have no responded. I also contacted the seller and, although they replied quickly acknowledging my email, it is now 4 days later and I've not heard anything since.

I would recommend buying something else from someone else and not risk the disppointment!

4.0 out of 5 stars Mobiair IMM377, 7 Sep 2013
iLuv MobiAir Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Speaker Dock for Android Smartphones
iLuv MobiAir iSM378BLK Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Speaker Dock and Charger for Samsung Galaxy Smartphones
OK first things first, from what I can see there are no functions on this device that would warrant classing it as "Android", I bought mine to use with my Blackberry Z10.
The bluetooth pairing was easy and only took a few minutes, it only took that long because I read the manual for the Mobiair and I was unfamiliar with my phones bluetooth settings
Checking the audio I went back to my music collection and started with Depeche Mode, and promptly did not move on to anything else, the Audio was surprisingly loud for such a small box and yes it lacks bass but I would also say that it has issues in the mid range and at the top end but for the sub 30 price I paid what do you expect.
Keep in mind if you want a sonically balanced sound, a decent set of speakers would cost you north of 100 alone! let alone an amp and bluetooth kit.
Fitting my phone to the mini usb plug was not that bad and yes it does seem to be, as Jeremy Clarkson would describe, barn door door engineering (I refer to another reviewer) but taking in to account that it was released in 2012, which means the design was fixed in 2011, I would urge you to think back to 2011 and consider the size and thickness of phones just a few years ago.
As it is I consider it a bonus that current my phone can be fitted to the dock inside its case.

So Positive points
Very loud for the size
Sound is quite good for size
Fits the majority of current phones
Easy to pair the bluetooth
Aux input for MP3 players and Ipods
Current lower price

Negatives
Lack base but only to be expected from the small size of speaker
Small size reduces Stereo effect (lack of left right seperation)
Could have done with a remote control for the volume
the small usb charging connector can be moved left/right to suit your phone but not in/out

To sum up, considering one of my first bit of audio kit (which cost about the same in the mid 70's)was a mono radio cassette recorder which was about the size of a breeze block and weighed about as much, listening to the Mobiair is a joy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works a charm and Charges my Phone., 12 Jun 2014
This works via sycncing over bluetooth. It has a lovely crisp sound although you do have to be within range (20m roughly). I have it in the kitchen and the sound plays loud enough for kids partys or just when chilling out.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst Amazon experience to date - George & Freddy AKA Electrical Mania Store, 30 May 2014
The box arrived tatty and obviously opened and USED by someone else. Inside the box, which stank of cigarette smoke, I found a used model. As many of people have complained it contained no charger!!!! The instructions and paperwork were missing and a RMA to another purchaser was in the box. The USB socket was misaligned maybe forced by someone. Cannot try and test the plastic box I was shipped so cannot comment on performance.

Have been told by them to buy my own charger to test it! As many others have said...STAY AWAY!

All in all pretty god damn awful experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 10 May 2014
excellent value for money. we love it and its quiet loud aswell. the connector looks a little flimsy as though you going to break it but its stronger than it looks. well worth the buy, and quickly dispatched

1.0 out of 5 stars No cable. & Shoddy packaging., 7 May 2014
I bought this item for use in the garden for the summer. Delivery was adequate but packaging was beaten and ripped. Opened it to find no power cable. As like many other reviews I thought 'Oh it's probably just a few people didn't receive it, I should be okay' Optimism at it's best! I contacted them to see if they could send me a new one, but It will probably be a long process. So I'll probably send it back. Is it because i'm in the UK and they really cant be bothered to send a UK power cable? Or what. Overall - waste of time.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›