5.0 out of 5 stars Top quality software at a very reasonable cost.
I had been using Acrobat for years but only on one computer due to cost. When I went to upgrade and get more copies on line the cost in dollars allowed me to buy two copies but when it came to purchase I was redirected to UK site and the cost in GBP was the same number as dollars eg $200 £200. Needles to say I did not buy Adobe Acrobat.

Nuance PDF converter...
Published 15 months ago by Steve

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware
Published 7 months ago by Richard

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware, 18 Feb 2014
This review is from: PDF Converter Professional 8 (PC) (CD-ROM)
The program itself does a great job with basic PDF creation/conversion. Complex documents can lead to some intersting results when converting to MS word, for instance, but that it can even do it at all is impressive. My problem with this software is that it also loads another application onto your computer (without giving you the option) called Common Software Manager. Now this has been causing all kinds of problems with my work flow. It loads not one, but two occurrences of its icon onto the taskbar and continually pops up when I'm trying to manage other tasks and downloads; as if it has suddenly become the rightful default program manager of my PC. It is unwanted and uses valuable recources. I have browsed the internet and found it to be a common problem amongst users of Nuance software. There seems to be no easy way of removing it either. I believe it can be disabled, but this is a complicated process. Alarmingly, certain forums describe it as an easlity attacked door to your system for spyware and viruses etc. I will now have to pay for our IT expert to completely remove all of this software from our network. AVOID.

1.0 out of 5 stars NUANCE are cheats, 9 Feb 2014
This review is from: PDF Converter Professional 8 (PC) (CD-ROM)
I fail to understand how reviewers can award this product stars at all. The manufacturer cheats by failing to disclose (at ANY stage) that they embed code into your system which hogs memory and renders virtually inoperable many Microsoft Office applications. The "install wizard" does NOT disclose that unless you laboriously do a manual setup it will insert the Nuance link into every application you have. It also surreptiously inserts the ghastly Flexnet Common Software Manager. I uninstalled it after one use. An emergency forced me to re-install it and I was so careful second time around, but still got caught out by not deticking the MS Applications links. I will now uninstall it once and for all. THIS IS A DREADFUL, PRIVACY INVADING, PIECE OF SOFTWARE; DO NOT BUY IT!

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware security and activation problems, 4 Jun 2014
This review is from: PDF Converter Professional 8 (PC) (CD-ROM)
Nuance have a policy whereby if you need to reinstall this software e.g. reinstall of windows or new hard drive. You may have problems reactivating the software unless you uninstall from the old system, whilst connected to the internet WITH FIREWALL AND ANTI-VIRUS TURNED OFF. Otherwise reactivation will fail and document will have a 'Trial Copy' stamped on each sheet.

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware Draconian Activation policy, 4 Jun 2014
Nuance have a policy whereby if you need to reinstall this software e.g. reinstall of windows or new hard drive. You may have problems reactivating the software unless you uninstall from the old system, whilst connected to the internet WITH FIREWALL AND ANTI-VIRUS TURNED OFF. Otherwise reactivation will fail and document will have a 'Trial Coy' stamped on each sheet.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great PDF tool., 9 Mar 2014
This review is from: PDF Converter Professional 8 (PC) (CD-ROM)
Great piece of software for manipulating and converting PDF documents. Only criticism would be the frequent problems it has when converting tables between different file types.

4.0 out of 5 stars USFULL TOOL FOR DYSLEXIC PEOPLE, 3 Mar 2014
GOOD #
USEFUL TOOL FOR DYSLEXIC PEOPLE SCAN COLLEGE NOTES NTO PDF AND CONVERT IN A WAVE FILE PLAY ON WINDOWS MEDIA AND ON TO AN SD CARD AND PLAY GCSE NOTES ON YOU PHONE .
DO THE SAME WITH ANY FILE FROM MS WORD OR OTHE PACKAGES
HAVE NOT TRIED VOICE TOTEXT PROGRAME YET

FRM GARY FIFIELD

5.0 out of 5 stars Top quality software at a very reasonable cost., 16 Jun 2013
This review is from: PDF Converter Professional 8 (PC) (CD-ROM)

Nuance PDF converter Professional is an excellent piece of software I can now furnish every computer in my office with this software for a little more than one copy of Adobe Acrobat

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 8 Jun 2013
This review is from: PDF Converter Professional 8 (PC) (CD-ROM)
I use Adobe Acrobat 10 but due to Adobe's ridiculously high costs of upgrading i.e. up to £200 per PC Nuance's product at around £65 is a thoroughly good value for money alternative

5.0 out of 5 stars It's really very good, 13 April 2013
Mrs. Stephanie Beal "Poirot" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PDF Converter Professional 8 (PC) (CD-ROM)
I wanted a cheaper option for use at home and this seemed the best option. I haven't had much of a chance to play about with it as yet, but from the time I have spent with it, it is all that I wanted. The price was very reasonable and with this I think it is very good value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 5 April 2013
This review is from: PDF Converter Professional 8 (PC) (CD-ROM)
Got this on a trial basis and decided before the trial that it was well worth having. The package was a little disappointing - basically just a CD in quite a large box for what it was. It took a few attempts to activate the product but I think this was because I had the trial version on my computer already - probably better to clear before trying to load.
The product itself so far is excellent and does far more than I have tried to date. A great tool I've just found is the ability to archive email folders from Outlook in PDF form which is great - wish it worked with other applications than Outlook and IE but can't have everything.

PDF Converter Professional 8 (PC)
PDF Converter Professional 8 (PC) by Nuance Communications, Inc. (Windows 7 / Vista / XP)