5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended
I have just bought a set of these to replace my old Creative EP630i earphones and was in desperate need of a volume control along with the mic.
Published 5 months ago by Gary H

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for the decerning listener
Published 24 months ago by Cheatin' Jockey

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 23 July 2014
Gary H (Surrey, England.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Creative HS-660i2 Noise-isolating in-ear Headset with in-line Remote and Microphone for iPhone/iPad/iPod - Magna Black (Electronics)
I have long been a fan of Creative earphones for their build, clarity and price and these really do live up to that great name. These are LOUD headphones, I've not come across anything this powerful before but they're also great at really low level sounds and don't need to be pushed to deliver a great sound.
I've never been a fan of Apple's menu-driven EQ joke so I listen to my music through a proper EQ music player. These earphones deliver at my preferred settings in every department. They have a real clarity in mid range with a rounded, balanced bass and dynamic hi-range clarity. Nothing is distorted or hidden and the bass isn't too boomy or thin.
I can't comment on the ruggedness of these as I've only had them a short while. I'm guessing if you treat them with care they will repay the favour over the years. These fit my ears perfectly, they don't slip out during exercise and the noise isolation is terrific. I would highly recommend getting a clothes clip for the cable which will reduce any noise picked up from clothing. I've used one for the last 5 years and have never had a complaint about this noise!
I wish Creative would adopt a 90 degree jack connection as standard. So much simpler and more protected.
These are advertised as an Apple specific product so I can't really complain that they don't work on my Windows phone now can I?

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for the decerning listener, 24 Dec 2012
Cheatin' Jockey (Worcestershire) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Priced at around £30 (at time of writing) these headphones fall into the replacement market rather than upgrade at only £5 more than Apple's own ear pods. From a build perspective they are OK; nice flexible cable, gold plated jack and a rather nice remote. The position of the remote is quite high but it does have a nice quality feel to it. I must confess to not having tried the mic yet as I use it mainly with an iPad.

Sound isolation is about average for this type of ear bud and there is the common symptom of noise transference from the cable as it rubs when you move, though this is less noticeable when in use with louder music of course. I often struggle with buds as I have a small ear canal but the choice of the rubber surrounds in this pack means I can easily insert them; three sizes are included to suit most people.

Now the important bit - sound. I found them quite thin if I'm honest. The midrange is lacking, voices are missing depth and bass-lines are almost lost. When a song has sound loud/deep bass and it kicks-in it is very woolly with little or no definition to it. They do go quite loud though - much louder than some high quality over-ear cans that I have.

If you're not too fussed about sound quality and want an element of noise cancellation, or have a small ear canal like me then they may be an OK buy. If you're looking for an improvement in sound quality over the standard Apple buds then look elsewhere.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good solution for iPhone, 28 Dec 2013
I wanted a practical headset for the iPhone that I could use on my travels. The Apple headset supplied with the iPhone just doesn't work for me, and refuses to stay put in my ear no matter how careful I am. I've had the same pair of in-ear Creative headphones for 10+ years (still going strong), so I decided a Creative headset would be a good option, despite the somewhat mixed experiences and feedback here.

I've been using these for a week now and so far I'm very happy with the results. Phone calls are nice and clear and the headphones sit firmly in my ear using the the smallest of the three different sized "tips" supplied. As far as listening to music is concerned they are perfectly adequate for me, though I have set my iPhone to Bass Boost to compensate for the lack of depth noted by others. No, they're not comparable with my Bose headphones, but then I don't expect them to be for 20% of the price.

Overall I'd give this headset 8/10. For me it ticks all the boxes, and in particular I no longer have to walk around with the radiation of a mobile right next to my ear.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good sound quality/good price but very fragile and not suitable for sports/outdoor activities, 5 May 2013
It's a very good headphone upgraded version from 630i with volume control.
However I accidentally dropped it on the fitness floor (covered with mat) and after that it's broken.
The connector plugged into my iPhone is slightly bent and as a result... no sound at all.

So.. it's a very very delicate headphone. Use it with care and don't use it for any kind of sports/outdoor activities.

2.0 out of 5 stars overrated, 21 Mar 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
You'd think creative would mean quality but that seems to have changed in recent years.
I have a pair of earphones half the price of these that fit better, don't fall out when running, have more bass and better clarity.
Really these are not worth the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars As advertised!, 8 Jan 2013
elmsyrup (Cardiff, Glamorgan United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Here's the thing. I previously bought some earphones with mic somewhere-or-other on special offer, and they were advertised as being for iPhone. Nonetheless they worked on my Android phone, both to listen to music and to make calls. So when these came up on Vine, I gave them a go. Unfortunately the microphone really does only work for Apple devices- if you try to use it with Android, you can't hear the other person and they can't hear you. However the controls do work with my Poweramp music app, and the sound quality is really good. Crisp, clear, with excellent bass. They fit really nicely in my ears and seem well made. In conclusion: I would recommend these earphones highly for an Apple owner, but if your phone is Android, don't try and be clever like me because it won't work.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 7 Jan 2013
Ms. M. Cheung (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
These headphones are easy to use and are of a good quality. I listened to the same song using these and my usual Sony in-ear headphones, and found the Creative ones to be crisper and clearer, although the Sony ones had a broader range.

They are snug and comfy, due to the fact that they come with three sets of different-sized ear pieces. The controls are easy to use too.

My one gripe is that these headphones don't come with a small pouch in which to put them, and for this sort of price it's something that I would expect.

2.0 out of 5 stars Only any good for Voice Phone calls and not Music, 2 Jan 2013
Ibraar 'Le Saracen' "le_saracen" (London, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
With the wealth of options out there, and with Apple releasing their own half decent offerings with the iPhone 5, this Creative HS-660i2 pair of Earphones aren't any good at all, and the bottom line is, AVOID and look elsewhere.

My reasoning is explained below.

BUILD

Well, firstly, the look, well, they look, cheap. Something which you can pick up for a few quid here. If they were priced at less than half the amount they'd be merely ok for the price.
The cables, thin and flimsy.
The switch gear - merely ok, nothing special.
The build quality - again, pretty flimsy for the price being charged.
The drivers, when looked at closely are of a nice fit finish and quality, a shame the rest of the package isn't!

MUSIC SOUND

The biggest draw back is the sound quality. I'm not an out and out audiophile, but I have some professional experience from work in a Studio and involvement in dance music projects, and the sound on these earphones isn't up to scratch.
Too much bottom end, too much bass - without the bass being very pleasing and full, and the middles and highs are too muffled. To be fair, the sound doesn't distort.
There is also too much leakage of sound, so in a room, or on a Tube Train at full blast, people may be able to hear your music. And again, for this price range, I expect better.

PHONE CALL SOUND

I suppose the only way this set can score higher marks is in Phone Calls and iPhone compatibility.
Fully iPhone 5 compatible, buttons, volume etc, and voice quality is good.

CONCLUSION

If you want a set of Earphones/buds strictly for Phone Calls, these would be very good IF they were priced at least 70% less!
For the prices being charged for these we expect an all round package, with decent Music Quality, build and Phone Call quality - in this these earphones Fail.
To be honest, the new Apple Buds (with iPhone 5) are better than these!

I suggest shopping around, as there are many alternatives, many are superior, or paying a slight bit more for something far superior, such as the Sennheiser OCX 685i Sports.Sennheiser OCX 685i Sports In-Ear canal Headphones

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for iphones!, 30 Dec 2012
Ginger "Crazy Curry" (N.Ireland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I first tried these out on my Nokia C5 and they work perfectly, then used them on my mp4 player and was very pleased with the sound quality, even at low level. They fit into my ears perfectly without the need for buds although 2 sets are supplied. One little niggle is the volume control on the headphones is set quite high making it tricky to adjust, they would be better if placed lower where it could be seen clearly. All in all great sound quality and robustly made while comfortable to wear.

3.0 out of 5 stars good earphones, 28 Dec 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Good sound quality with a built in volume control. Works well with the ipad. Suitable only for later generations of ipods as the volume control does not work with my old ipod nano.