4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Kit....But!
Took delivery of this earlier this week. Very straightforward to put together and easy to move around once assembled.
It's a long time since I used an exercise bike, so getting back into it meant I wanted a machine that was relatively cost effective & solid.
This ticks those boxes, so quite happy so far.

BUT....

1) The seat is as...
Published 18 months ago by Peter Parker

I got this bike to replace a york 202 exercise bike which had developed a nasty knocking noise when you cycled and returned to amazon. So am reviewing the York 220 against the returned York 202 ( the 220 is york's replacement model)

Published 12 months ago by colbags

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Kit....But!, 11 Jan 2013
Peter Parker "Spiderdude" (W Yorks, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: York Perform 210 Exercise Bike (Sports)
This ticks those boxes, so quite happy so far.

BUT....

1) The seat is as uncomfortable as an uncomfortable thing...
2) I am catching my heel on the crank, can't figure out why, but maybe just way I cycle.
3) Pedal straps are not easy to adjust & probably contribute to above.
4) The accuracy of the pulse monitor is rubbish, I can feel my heart bursting and I'm dripping in sweat, but the monitor shows 72-77ish with the occasional show at 100. Just not accepting that as after about 2 mins I'm showing the same rate. Got a Polar monitor on way, so will confirm it with that.
5) Distance, take it with a pinch of salt I suspect.. Just done 16mins up hill and according to the readout I've done 10kms! Again, not buying that.

It seems a lot of negatives, but I like the machine. I'm sure I could have bought a cheaper one & got more functionality, but this looks good and fits in the exact space I needed it to.

5.0 out of 5 stars York Perform 210, 13 Dec 2012
Mr. C. Thomas "Charlie" (West Sussex) - See all my reviews
This review is from: York Perform 210 Exercise Bike (Sports)
This is my first Amazon review but this product made me write one. The bike is fantastic. I put the thing together in less than an hour, great instructions and everything just worked.

The bike itself is great. It looks nice and the computer is really easy to use.

The top thing however, must be the sound. Sitting next to the bike whilst my wife uses it I can still hear the TV fine without turning it up. I know other people have complained about this on ther bikes but it is nearly silent.

Couldn't be happier with the bike, but just a word about amazon. I ordered the thing yesterday afternoon and it arived today. I didn't even pay for quick delivery, it was standard!!

2.0 out of 5 stars like cycling a bucket of stones..... why did I buy another york exercise bike :-(, 3 July 2013
This review is from: York Perform 210 Exercise Bike (Sports)

So the new one. Finish appears updated and display is more modern. However upon usefora couple of weeks hereare the issues. York have penny pinched and compromised quality. The seat couldn't be anymore uncomfortable if they tried. The handlebars are narrower and really quite uncomfortable in numerous postions ;this is also compounded as the handlebars/front tube are on a closer angle and hence your more scrunched up no matter how much you adjust the position or handlebars. The crank is narrower so you catch your heels when pedalling unlees you want to cycle with your feet turned in at what feels like 45degrees. And worse of all is when you pedal, it feels like pedalling a bucket of stones, very unsmooth feel to flywheel and it feels cheap. All in all am considering returning this to amazon and buying alternative brand.

1.0 out of 5 stars Defective product, 29 April 2014
This review is from: York Perform 210 Exercise Bike (Sports)
I ordered this product twice and both time I was unable to attach the pedal to the frame and had to return the item. Very dissapointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars justlin, 28 Dec 2013
This review is from: York Perform 210 Exercise Bike (Sports)
The lady in the customer service was very helpful and quick delivery. The bike is easy to use, but I still struggle to work it out of how to use heart rate botton. In general I am happy with the bike.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great piece of equipment, 17 Dec 2013
J. Moore (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: York Perform 210 Exercise Bike (Sports)
A sturdy piece of equipment that works well. If you're setting this up on it's own, it may take you a little while, it would be far easier with 2 pairs of hands.

5.0 out of 5 stars York Perform 210 Exercise Bike, 4 Dec 2013
This review is from: York Perform 210 Exercise Bike (Sports)
Good build quality. Easy to assemble. Everything has worked well. Full range of adjustments for small to large user. Rugged (will take up to 150kg person). Good documentation both with the product and on York's web site, (often not the case with many other Exercise Bikes). Overall have been very happy with this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, a nice piece of equipment, 8 Jun 2013
This review is from: York Perform 210 Exercise Bike (Sports)
I received this yesterday. The package is HEAVY, so I unpacked it in the driveway and took it in peice by piece. It was extremenely well packaged, all small parts vacuumed to a card, all labelled with codes that match the diagrams. Includes some nice tools also vacuumed to card, rather then the sometimes "bag of bits". I am a fit granny and had no trouble putting it together on my own. The instructions are fairly clear, although some diagrams needed careful study of the smaller parts. All the holes matched up for bolts and once together it is a very solid piece of equipment. When I tried it out was very pleased to find that it is almost silent and very smooth. There is no slipping on the peddles although it was hard to fit the straps (as I am a granny), but I just slotted them through and they were fine. all in all, totally pleased, a very nice piece of equipment which I will be pleased to use.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as advertised. Does not fuly work. Poor instructions. Has potential., 19 April 2014
This review is from: York Perform 210 Exercise Bike (Sports)
Bought from Amazon Warehouse with 'cosmetic scratches on top' - not true, some big scratches on the bottom, part of the plastic stand is damaged. Repaired damage with duck tape. Very disappointed.

The Speed function on the cycle does not work. Have contacted York to see if it can be simply repaired. If not 1 star and going back to Amazon.

The instructions to build and operate are very poor. Machine is okay, quiet, good variety of programs, pulse monitor seems to work, not sure about the BMI. But, seat is uncomfortable, crank is a bit narrow

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 5 April 2014
This review is from: York Perform 210 Exercise Bike (Sports)
Ive used this bike for a little over a year now and I really do like it, but they're some quirks with it..

When this item was first delivered.. it was broken, the metal wheel inside was grinding against something and you couldn't move the pedals with ease..anyway I called up York.. quick and easy, they replaced it asap

on the replacement bike they sent me, the screw to hold the handlebars in place.. just under the digital interface thing, was stripped.. so i couldn't screw the bars in.. again i called york and they replaced it asap..

now with my bike up and running.. they're some annoying faults with it that ive noticed over the past year.. one being, the handle bars aren't straight.. no idea why.. but they do not want to be aligned.. and as a perfectionist bordering on ocd lol, it really gets on my nerves.. the other thing is that the heart monitor isn't exactly accurate.. for instance my polar heart monitor watch says my hear rate is 120 whilst cycling.. and the bike says 190.. hmm

anyways apart from little things like that.. i use the bike very often.. possibly over 250 days out of last year.. and i like it alot.. would recommend ;)

York Perform 210 Exercise Bike