5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent.
A very well made adapter that does exactly what it is supposed to do. I had quite a few FD lenses that I couldn't use and this device has given them a new lease of life. Ok, no autofocus, but I can easily live with that and at the price, it is very good value.
Published 19 months ago by A. Greenfield

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good for anyone serious about image quality.
I bought this after purchasing a series of FD lenses for my film SLR and wanted to expand their use to my Dslr's. The adapter does work but doesn't work well. Trying to get the adapter ring onto the lens is the first problem its fiddly and the alignments of the adapter to the mounts on the lens and the body are vague at best.

The lens in the adapter is not of a...
Published 8 months ago by Sam Day

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent., 24 Jun. 2013
A. Greenfield (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Camera Adapter Ring For Canon FD Lens to EOS EF Body Camera Mount Adapter (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars adapter ring for canon eos range, 19 May 2013
Great piece of kit - bought a 50mm FD lens off ebay and fits straight into this ring (that fits right on my canon 600d). Very easy to use and nice solid feel. Recommend if you need to put an old style lens onto a new EOS canon camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars CAMERA ADAPTOR RING., 25 April 2013
The adapter ring that I purchased through Amazon was more than I expected as I could use it with my FD lens and my 2x converter which gave me a focal length of 420mm also when my camera Cannon 450D was used on manual mode and focused manually I also got an appature reading which was excellent. This was my first purchase through Amazon and felt reluctant but everything went fine I received my purchase within three to four days it was good service highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great piece of kit, 31 Jan. 2013
Got this product so I could use my old FD lenses and 550d. So far it works great, my lenses work fine and my pictures and video is coming out sharp.
Its easy to use and seems well built.
Also I got this product the day after I bought it and did not pay any extra postage. Great.

5.0 out of 5 stars First class profduct, 10 Mar. 2013
It does exactly what it is supposed to do. Good quality and fast service, arrived in less than 24 hours.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 2 Jan. 2013
I'm extremely pleased with my item, it has allowed me to use all my FD lenses on my EOS camera, which I did not think was possible before!

5.0 out of 5 stars Make me a better photographer, 9 Jun. 2014
Looking forward to taking magnificent pictures of the Andalucía mountains in September with my Zoom and wide angle lenses which I have had for a few years. No need to buy new lenses. great gadget and easy to use.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good for anyone serious about image quality., 20 May 2014

The lens in the adapter is not of a very high quality and it produces heavy chromatic aberration on the edges. Also although the lens in the adapter allows focusing to infinity, the focus itself is very soft. I tested it over several focal lengths with both zoom and fixed lenses. The lens in the adapter also reduces the circle of illumination on the sensor causing heavy vignetting. This is not as noticeable on my EOS 600D due to the cropped sensor size bit is very noticeable on my full frame 5D.

Ok, for the price you may wish to use this in conjunction with a second hand FD lens as it can be cheaper than getting a new ef or ef-s lens but I would not recommend to anyone who wants a high quality image. I believe there are higher quality adapters available but they come at a much higher price point.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not recommended, 12 May 2014
The product work as described wiht infinite focusing but the addition of the lens to compensate the increased focus length make the image look softer. The light is also reduced by almast 1 stop. Is not only a problem of the product is the need to pot another (cheap) lens in the between that is not a good idea.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Very disapointed, 15 Mar. 2014
I purchased this item based in the reviews.

Sure enough it arrived promptly and seemed a nice piece of kit which was easy to fit and remove from a range of my old FD lenses which I intended to use for an HDR night project on my Canon 5D MK III.

However image wise, a waste of time. I took a few hand held shots, images very soft. So tripod mounted and at various F stops a series of test shots were carried out. Still very poor quality. Every image was soft and unusable. Product promptly returned.

Cant fault the refund time, confirmation of refund received two days after posting and credit card credited the day after that.

Good service from the supplier, duff bit of kit, which is a pity.

For other photographers I had an adaptor made by SRB for my 600mm F8 mirror Sigma and that works well on the 5D, mind you that cost me £70.00 approx a few years ago.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›