5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for breaking up heavy red, black and grey clay in my garden. Highly recommend....., 1 April 2014
Mrs. G. C. Jenkins (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Plant !T 100L Perlite Bag (Garden & Outdoors)
I have purchased 3 x 100 litre bags of this and it has improved the extremely heavy red, black and grey clay in my garden. I never thought this possible as I had great difficulty putting a spade in what seemed like concrete as the spade just bounced back at me until I purchased a rotovator/tiller off Amazon. Between the two (tiller and perlite) I now have soil like like fine bread crumbs and will be buying a further 3 x 100 litre bags of perlite (I have a large garden).......I can catergorically highly recommend this product if you have appalling heavy clay soil you cannot put a spade through when it's dry and too heavy and sticky when wet....go on, do yourself a favour and buy with great confidence....it's the best thing I have done and want to shout it from the rooftops...

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value!, 12 May 2014
M Belle (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This is great value and perfect for mixing with heavy soils to ensure better drainage. I bought some to help with the landscaping of my tortoise's raised outdoor enclosure. Not only does this provide good drainage deeper underneath him to stop the whole area becoming waterlogged, it means the plants I grow for him will thrive. In just a few weeks both seeds and plants have shot up and filled his new habitat with lush greens and pretty flowers.

I've used this before in borders and containers. It helps keep dampness away from seeds and new plant roots until they get established. Also, although it helps with drainage by breaking up heavy soils, it is capable of retaining moisture...so won't waste all the water you're pouring on in an effort to keep your plants from drying out.

Recommended.

This is nothing like the small polystyrene balls, that just break soil up. This is a very useful natural product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perlite 100L, 17 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Plant !T 100L Perlite Bag (Garden & Outdoors)
Until now I've been using 10litre bags that I could carry home from Wilkinsons and weren't too expensive, to help with mixing potting compost but needed a much bigger quantity to try and revive a flower bed.If it dries out first of course! This 100L bag offers excellent value and came in a typically sturdy Amazon box which will in time be composted. It is much lighter than the size suggests so handling will be no problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perlite, 9 April 2014
This review is from: Plant !T 100L Perlite Bag (Garden & Outdoors)
Excellent value , an enormous bag , not seen anything to compare at local gardening centres . Already used a lot to mix with potting compost , but hardly seem to have taken any out of the bag . Very pleased .

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes all the difference, 31 Mar. 2014
George Gray "old bookie" (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Plant !T 100L Perlite Bag (Garden & Outdoors)
Bought his large bag as I was getting through small ones at a rate of knots. Perlite is the perfect additive when potting on and setting seed. I find normal multi-purpose compost straight fro the bag is a bit stodgy, but adding Perlite gives it a totally different texture, and my success rate is much improved

5.0 out of 5 stars What is there not to like?, 21 May 2013
B. MCMAHON (England) - See all my reviews
Bought this to mix with some compost to make a DIY cactus compost. Much more cost effective than standard cactus compost and actually better for growing cacti according to the experts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent size and excellent product, 12 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Plant !T 100L Perlite Bag (Garden & Outdoors)
I use Perlite with plants like Agave, store tubers dry, improve drainage in pots and to improve my soil (heavy clay - I mix it in with compost and bark). Works really well, in fact I have bought another bag. Really do recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Decent Perlite in convenient small bag, 12 Aug. 2014
Perlite was a slightly smaller size grade than I was used to (mostly <4mm), but still works well to give excellent drainage and incorporate air into soil. Convenient small bags make for a less messy job than getting the usual giant horticultural bag and having to decant this super-light material, which tends to blow about everywhere and is also inevitably a little dusty. Bags are robust.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast delivery, 25 May 2013
Got this 3 days after ordering (despite 6 day estimate) and in perfect condition. Its good quality Perlite and has a handle so was easy for me to carry to the greenhouse.
Ill definitely be getting this again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Helps condition very well., 26 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Plant !T 100L Perlite Bag (Garden & Outdoors)
Good value, helped condition soil that had been under flagging for years and added to my own soil mix.
Gives flower beds a well loved look also.

Plant !T 100L Perlite Bag