Size: 32 GBPackage Type: Standard PackagingChange

I was a little apprehensive about buying this card because it was stated that this is a Class 10 as well as a UHS-1 card.

In the fine print on the packaging, it actually says the maximum speed requires UHS-1 compatible device. This is important to note.

The maximum official speed is stated to be 85MB/s. And Class 10 speed is 10MB/s.

While I'm using this on a Panasonic GH2, I'm getting performance that is significantly faster than my previous Transcend Class 10 SD card. However, the GH2's camera limit for writing is around 45MB/s. So I wasn't getting the full advantage of the Transcend card on that camera.

I also tried it on other cameras. From the performance I'm seeing, this card is quite fast. Performance difference compared to the SanDisk 95MB/s card which I also have is not huge. However, the price of the SanDisk is much higher.

So overall, this is Transcend SDHC card is really worth the money.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 11 April 2014
I recently purchased some SDHC cards (all 32GB, Class 10, UHS-1) from Amazon and opted to go for different brands rather than put all my eggs in one basket. Having read various posts about counterfeit/hacked cards on the market, I've decided to start testing any new cards I get before using them in my camera. To do that, I use H2testw (vers. 1.4) available directly from

My test set up is an Integral USB 3.0 Super Speed Card Reader, connected via an Inateck 4-port USB 3.0 hub to my PC on a USB port. The system motherboard is a P8H61-M LE/USB3 with an Intel H61 chipset. My system is on the slow side, there are faster card readers out there and connecting via the USB hub is not optimal either, so the card speed figures have to be considered in light of that. In short, the cards are some degree faster than my tests can show, but in practical terms results are also going to vary widely depending on which equipment you use them for.

The H2testw app fills the cards with a series of identical files approximately 1GB in size during which the write speed of the card is measured, and then verifies the file integrity during which the read speed is gauged. All of the cards filled without problem and the results are below (MB = Megabytes): -

Transcend ‘Ultimate 600x’ (£16-17)
Available space on card 29.9GB
Write: 23.9 MB/s, 21mins 22secs
Read: 77.3 MB/s, 6 mins 35 secs
Note: only SDHC card I have ever bought which does not come with its own little storage case.
Access to Transcend ‘RecoveRx’ image retrieval software download.

Integral ‘UltimaPro’ (£16)
Available space on card 29.5GB
Write: 17.9 MB/s, 28mins 9secs
Read: 77.4 MB/s, 6mins 30secs

Integral ‘UltimaPro X’ (£31-32)
Available space on card 29.6GB
Write: 36.4 MB/s, 13mins 55secs
Read: 77.9 MB/s, 6mins 30secs

Lexar ‘Pro 400x’ (£20-21)
Available space on card 29.8GB
Write: 27.9 MB/s, 18mins 13secs
Read: 64.1 MB/s, 7mins 56secs
Access to Lexar ‘Image Rescue 4’ software download with password provided in packaging.

Note: in a test I read elsewhere (UK Hardware), the Lexar Pro 400x cards were just as fast at 5MB and 10GB file writing and reading as their Pro 600x versions. Given the price difference between the two, the choice should be obvious but it would be interesting to see if 600x version users have any further info to offer on both cards.

All the above cards easily met or exceeded their 'guaranteed' Class 10 and provide the expected capacity, so I am happy that I have not fallen foul of fake/counterfeit items. In comparing them, I am more interested in the write speeds personally, and looking at the results it seems that price differences between them are pretty much based on that factor. The Transcend comes out best in terms of £-write speed ratio with the Lexar coming close behind it. It's difficult not to view the Transcend as the obvious bargain but everyone has their own preferences for brands. In my case I've always been quite keen on the performance and reliability of Micron products (Lexar, Crucial) so I'm happy to pay the extra and I ordered two of the Lexar 400x cards, but if Transcend is your preferred option, happy days!

If I find the time I'd be interested to run more tests with specific focus on how the cards actually perform in my Lumix G6. Any comments or pointers greatly welcome.
on 13 May 2013
I have been using 8 / 16GB Transcend SD cards in my DSLR's for the last 3-4 years now. Given the cheap price I have no complaints at all and they have all served me well, without a single failure. I decided to try a couple of the Ultra High Speed cards to see if there was any noticeable write speed increase, and the speed difference is noticeable over the standard "high speed" Class 10 cards. The buffer now clears quicker allowing for more shots, which is good with Dragonfly season almost upon us! I'd have no hesitation in recommending these to anyone looking for a good quality and fast SD card for photography.
on 26 July 2013
I'm getting 23MB/s write and 74MB/s read on a Lexar USB3 reader
The 32GB gets 32 and 74.

P.S. My advice is - don't take the labels off.
I have a set of 8x Class 10 cards and peeled off the annoying labels to number the cards, as there no space on the top face of a Transcend to write anything. One card failed mechanically and they are insisting that I've broken the warranty agreement. Silly buggers.
on 23 May 2013
Fast, well built, and MOST IMPORTANTLY reliable. Works fine within my EOS 6D DSLR and provides the following performance when benched within ATTO. Note that you need a UHS-I equipped reader/device to obtain these speeds.

Write: 55,4MB/sec
Read: 83.3MB/sec

It may not be quite as fast as the Sandisk Extreme Pro cards which sell for more than twice the money, but it is certainly significantly faster than the Sandisk Extreme "Non-Pro" 45MB/sec cards which sell for about the same price, and which I already own several of.

edit: Above benchmarks were taken on my HP laptop's native SD reader. I re-ran the tests on my desktop using a Kingston USB3.0 card reader (via USB3.0 port) and obtained even better results.

Write: 65,7MB/sec
Read: 91.4MB/sec

I have added both ATTO benchmark screenshots to the Amazon "Customer images" section. Hopefully everyone can see it.
review image review image
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Comes formatted in FAT 32, but I would always advise formatting the card in your camera or device just to reduce any remote chance of the device not recognising the format when you need it the most.

In computer counting you get 16GB, in our decimal world you get 15GB.

The card is a good build, no signs of the welded seams splitting and contacts are fixed firmly in place. The write lock slide switch is smooth and locks firmly into place, so no inadvertent switching over as you slip it into the SD slot.

The speed is pretty good. Although bench marks vary on computer, size range of files being copied and lots of other factors, the card certainly performs better than others I have. I dragged a load of 300MB files onto the card in Windows and the speed was a steady 20 to 23 MB/s. Dragging these off the card and I was getting 25 to 27 MB/s. Bear in mind this was a dirty test and results can vary. What this showed to me was that it was more than capable of recoding in full HD on my camera and that any write speed faster than this is just surplus to my requirements in my camera.

It is a tough little card and looks as though it will last me a good few years.
on 7 August 2013
55-60MB/s write, 85MB/s read. Tested using a kingson usb 3.0 card reader. Faster than Sandisk extreme, which claims(I don't have it) 45MB/s read/write, but sells at similar price.
I have two Sandisk Ultra 32gb, which is depressingly slow in comparison: 13MB/s write, 45MB/s read...They works fine with my D5100, which I guess has a large buffer, but becomes a issue with my new Panasonic GX1. I'm not sure what to do with these Sandisks right now, knowing I can get this cheap fast Transcend...
on 9 May 2015
I used to use Sandisk cards a while back however I then decided to try Transcend a couple of years ago when I needed a pair of cards and the Sandisk options was quite a bit more expensive. That pair (16 gig and slower class 10) are still going well and have been well used. Buying a new camera I decided that a higher speed, higher capacity card would be worth trying. Bought from an Amazon partner (Amazon's own were more expensive...) this one has worked extremely well for me. I use RAW in the camera and these are 32 meg files in the new camera and this card is definitely up to the job. I'll update this when I've used it more.

Updated - this card has been used in the camera for a couple of months now (C1700 shots) and has performed very well indeed. No issues at all so great value for money.
on 24 November 2014
This card is the top model of Transcend (and actually uses MLC memory which is rare for SD cards) and it's pretty fast. Faster than most devices can actually use. Write speeds are good (at around 40 MB/sec sequantial) and read speeds are over 90MB/sec. Random read/write speeds are also very good for an SD card, although not as fast as my Samsung class 10 which is better tuned for small transfers.
I bought this for my digital camera knowing that it's faster than the camera needs because the price difference from an ordinary class 10 card is about 5E, so there's not much reason not to get this.
Sandisk makes an even faster top of the line SD but at more than twice the price it's only for those who really need it. For all others this card it probably the best choice.
on 21 January 2013
I bought this to my canon 650D and it can hold up to 4000 photos (JPEG).
With hight transfer speeds, class 10, UHS1 makes this product a bargain
I advise this card to any photographer !