5.0 out of 5 stars Best album yet by Simple Plan
I love this album, I bought this after hearing the tracks as I enjoyed it that much. This is probably their most main stream album yet but it good enough for fans and newcomers alike to enjoy.

The tracks have a great rock pop sound and remind me of some of the tracks from their album Still Not Getting Any.

There are three songs that are duets which...
Published on 25 Jun 2011 by Me, Myself & I

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit to commercial for my liking
I've loved Simple Plan from the beginning and everytime they put out another album i was thinking they getting better and better. Now, although this album has some catchy tunes, the rest lacks punch sounds more of a teen pop/puck band. I still like the album, however, it's nothing compared to their previous material.

Good songs to look out for are: You Suck...
Published on 8 Dec 2011 by Metalheader

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Best album yet by Simple Plan, 25 Jun 2011
Me, Myself & I (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Get Your Heart On! (Audio CD)

There are three songs that are duets which are Cant Keep My Hands Off You with Rivers Cuomo, Jet Lag with Natasha Beddingfield, I've never been a fan but her voice does suit the song well and Summer Paradise, all are great songs but the rap in Summer Paradise seems a little out of place for the type of band but it is good to here them trying something new.

My four favourites on the album have to be Anywhere Else But Here, Astronaut, Gone Too Soon (reminiscent of songs like Untitled and Save You) and This Song Saved My Life.

The rest of the songs are just as good and all the upbeat rock pop songs have brilliant catchy choruses.

All in all I would highly recommend this album to fans and newcomers to the band.

Overall I'd say 9/10 for this album.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's worth it, 11 July 2011
This review is from: Get Your Heart On! (Audio CD)
If you're expecting the sound of 3rd album (~SIMPLE PLAN~), this album might be a bit let-down for you. But if you look for the mix of new and old Simple Plan sound with an appearance of other familiar names (Rivers Cuomo, Natasha Bedingfield, Alex Gaskarth...) - you won't be dissapointed. This album contains "bunch" of pretty catchy songs (~Freaking Me Out~, ~You Suck At Love~, ~Can't Keep My Hands Off You~...) as well as touching slow tracks (~This Song Saved My Life~, ~Gone Too Soon~, ~Astronaut~). Some songs like ~Anywhere Else But Here~ or ~Loser Of The Year~ (still prefer the acoustic version) may need more chances until you warm up to them. The only one song, that I'm still really confused about, is ~Summer Paradise~. As a fan of almost 13 years I'd never expect this kind of song on any of SP albums.
Put all together, the album is awesome, the lyrics got their meanings that we all can relate to (as usually), Pierre seems to sound even better than 10 years ago and the cd itself brings some extras when used in computer. So GET YOUR HEARTS ON, ASTRONAUTS! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple Plan are back and better than ever, 10 July 2011
This review is from: Get Your Heart On! (Audio CD)
If you liked any of simple plan's stuff, be it the slow 'Save You' or the fast 'Take My Hand', there is something for you on this album. Catchy and upbeat, 'Loser of the Year' and 'You Suck at Love' are songs that can always make you happy and bouncing around. Mellow and thought provoking 'Astronaut' and 'This song saved my life' are some of the best slower songs I've heard in a while.

I greatly recommend this album to anyone who has liked Simple Plan before, or hasn't even heard of them but likes anything from All Time Low to Bowling for Soup should get this album!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bloody brilliant!, 18 Mar 2012
Alex Lay "Alex" (Norwich, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Get Your Heart On! (Audio CD)
Sorry if that sounded a bit too much like Ron Weasley, but this album is truly awesome.
After getting into Simple Plan because of 'Still Not Getting Any', I found the follow-up album to be very good.
This is even better though.
EVERY song is decent... Really decent. MORE decent than your Mother's Sunday Roast dinners!
'Jet lag' and 'This song saved my life' are a couple of my current favourites, and I've been listening to this album for weeks now. Catchy, up-beat and feel-good, this album is nothing short of EPIC.

(Capital letters are a MUST sometimes)

I advise you buy this. You won't regret it.
And if you do, you're a moron and know nothing of good taste.

That is all,

Stefan.

5.0 out of 5 stars New, but still Classic, Simple Plan!, 12 July 2011
Leah Graham (Tenerife) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Get Your Heart On! (Audio CD)
I'm a long-time Simple Plan fan. I fell in love with them when I heard "Perfect" some years back and since then I've collected all their CDs, bought their two DVDs, and I eagerly await their new record. Get Your Heart On! is their fourth album and I must admit, when I first heard the teaser singles I wasn't too impressed. Until I heard "Jet Lag". So as soon as there was a release date for the album, I made sure I downloaded it for myself the day it came out and since then I've had it on repeat. I generally don't listen to full albums - usually picking up new songs on the radio or on TV adverts, unless it's a band or artist I really love. So I opened up iTunes, stuck on Get Your Heart On! and I was impressed. Mightily so. I've loved every single Simple Plan album and, for me, their best album is Still Not Getting Any..., but Get Your Heart On! is right up there with it for me.

Simple Plan stick to what makes them good: the guitars, the big songs, the ballads but they throw something else into the mix with Get Your Heart On!, there are some mighty good collaborations on the album. I love a good collaboration and all of them on Get Your Heart On! are excellent. Rivers Cuomo features on the second track "Can't Keep My Hands Off You", Natasha Bedingfield lends her impressive vocals to "Jet Lag", Alex Gaskarth is on "Freaking Me Out" and K'naan is on "Summer Paradise". They're definitely a diverse bunch; the only one I've heard of is Natasha because she was big in the UK years ago. But they all work really well and I liked all of their inclusions.

The album is a short one, sadly, with only 11 tracks but they're all excellent. I haven't once wanted to skip a track and they melodies and choruses are all so easy to pick up on that I'm singing along. "You Suck At Love", "Can't Keep My Hands Off You" and "Jet Lag" kick the album off, all high-tempo, fast-paced songs. All are brilliant and all were released in the build-up to the release of the album. Things slow-down a little with "Astronaut", a song that has really grown on me with each listen. "Loser of the Year" and "Anywhere Else But Here" are two more big songs. "Loser of the Year" seemed a bit childish when I first heard it, but the more I listen, the more I enjoy and I loved "Anywhere Else But Here" from the first listen. "Freaking Me Out" is probably my least favourite song on the album, but it's still poppy enough for me to not skip it. "Summer Paradise" is another favourite, I love K'naan's rap and it's just a perfect lazy summer track. Things slow down again with the brilliant "Gone Too Soon" - unlike most pop-punk bands, Simple Plan excel with their ballads and they're a big draw for me. There's one last upbeat song in "Last One Standing", again it's not as good as the rest of the album but it's good enough. The album ends with "This Song Saved My Life", which is rapidly becoming my favourite song on the album. It caps off the album beautifully.

Get Your Heart On! was well worth the wait. It seems absolutely ages and ages since Simple Plan was released, so I'm really pleased they're back and I'm even more pleased that they're better than ever. So far, for me, I've loved everything Simple Plan has brought out and Get Your Heart On! is a worthy addition to their three previous albums. I love it, plain and simple. The songs are catchy, the ballads are excellent and the collaborations REALLY work. I don't know what else I can say, I loved it and can see me listening to it for ages to come.

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Return To form album, 28 Jan 2014
Stephen J. Hardy "Drjanitor" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Get Your Heart On! (Audio CD)
They have gone back to their original sound from the first two album as Their last album wasn't very good as they had abandoned their pop punk sound from the early 2000's and experimented with a socalled mature adult sound and it didn't work for them and the only band of this genre who have successfully gone with a more mature sound was Blink 182 on their 2003 self titled , that album was amazing . Simple Plan should carry on doing what Simple Plan do best making 3 minute Pop Punk Gems about getting dumped / Cheated on in high school . Adult BS does not suit them .

5.0 out of 5 stars Great CD, 4 July 2013
This review is from: Get Your Heart On! (Audio CD)
If you like simple plan then you will love this cd. It may even be one of their better CD's. It is a great cd and came promptly.

5.0 out of 5 stars A+ really good album if a little poppy compared to previous albums, 11 May 2013
Mr. Stephen Hall "Steve Hall" (Brackley, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Get Your Heart On! (Audio CD)
Good simple efficient transaction. Thanks. Great album - pitty we missed it when it came out and missed the tour as well ;(

5.0 out of 5 stars simple plan, 30 Mar 2013
This review is from: Get Your Heart On! (MP3 Download)
it's a good collection of songs and is for all ages. I have been a fan of simple plan for a while but this is the first full album I have bought and they did not dissapoint.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very complete album from the most famous Canadian artist (after Justin Bieber. LOL), 15 Mar 2013
This review is from: Get Your Heart On! (Audio CD)
I love Simple Plan. And I loved this album. It has a lot of very good and different songs, as 'You Suck at Love' (sounding like the very first songs of the band), 'Gone too soon' (very sad and beautiful song) or 'Summer Paradise' (funny and pop-ish and even "hawaiian" song), plus some duets with Natasha Bedingfield, Alex Gaskarth (All Time Low singer) and others.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Get Your Heart On!
Get Your Heart On! by Simple Plan (Audio CD - 2012)