5.0 out of 5 stars Review of Both E-Trading Customer Service And this Battery Pack
It's great when a product works so well that you don't even need to worry about its warranty. Nonetheless, my review reflects my experiences when I needed a little problem looked after.

Basically, I had a little problem with my Powergen 12,000mah battery pack after 3 months usage. Basically the input where its charging wire should affix, resulted in a loose...
Published 10 months ago by Mr. T. White

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not work well
The item was very well made and felt very solid. It also came with clear instructions. Sadly,it would not charge to more than two out of the four indicator lights and did not seem to be able to hold a full capacity charge. Item sent back as faulty.
Published on 8 Jun. 2013 by xrn

‹ Previous | 1 2 366 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars leazimseuqram@hotmail.com, 15 Oct. 2014
This review is from: PowerGen 12000mAh External Battery Pack Power Bank Backup Charger Triple USB Output for Apple iPhone 5S 5 5c 4S, iPod Touch, iPad Air, Mini (Apple lightning adapters Not included) / Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 S3, Note 4, 3, 2 / HTC One M8 / Google Nexus 4, 5, 7; Nokia ; Motorola Moto G 2nd Gen; LG G3; Sony Xperia Z3, Z2 [Designed for Apple and Android Devices] (Wireless Phone Accessory)
Good afternoon. guys,
Here it is stated that the device has.
Three outputs 3 amps.
Actually is.
1 and 1 amp.
2 of 2 amps.
I needed a device with at least one output of 3 amps.
I was cheated.

5.0 out of 5 stars A power-pack with the power to make me happy? Yes., 5 Oct. 2013
Stupid though it sounds, this unit pleases me. A lot.

Why? Because it's the first external power unit I've had for the iPhone that actually works. I got it this morning, took it out of its packing and was surprised to see it was already carrying a charge from the factory. Neat. So before putting onto charge (for the recommended 8-10hrs) I decided to drain it completely by recharging my fading iPhone. Plugged it in, switched it on and away it went with those nice blue power lights glowing away. It charged up my iPhone to 100% without even dropping a blue circle. Later, I charged my phone again and it went down from the 3 circles it came with to two. Now, I'm charging the phone again back up to 100% and the unit is still showing 1 charge light.

This is the first time I've ever had a power pack capable of completely charging a dead phone once, let alone three or four times. On top of that, the unit has 3 USB ports that will allow you to charge 3 pieces of equipment at the same time.

It's only day 1 but I'm already impressed. The unit is solid, good looking and very effective and for just £23 I now no longer have to worry about taking my phone out into the countryside on long walks or on long-haul flights where there's no access to power. I'm currently learning to glide and I know that a lot of glider pilots use their iPhones and iPads to run GPS apps in the cockpit. This unit is perfect to extend the battery life of such vital pieces of kit for long-distance cross-country flights.

Four years ago I wasted £65 on a Mophie Juice battery pack / case for my iPhone 3. IIRC that horrible piece of kit didn't even hold enough power to fully recharge a drained iPhone. For a third of that price, this Powergen unit performs more than four times better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy user, 28 Jun. 2013
I have had this battery pack for around 3 weeks now, and as my iPhone 4s is now well over 24 months old the battery has inevitably deteriorated.

I ordered it with a retractable charging cable (from a different supplier, and you dont need one as there is a short charging cable included) and now carry it in my messenger bag. It charges as quickly as when plugged into the mains (using the 2.5amp output), a full charge barely dented the remaining power left in the battery pack, i would imagine this would last me as a charger for up to a week with conservative use.

Conveniently it also charges my iPad - though it will use half of the battery pack's available charge on a full cycle.

It feels pretty well built, and also comes with all of the USB charging adapters to charge an iphone (30pin adapter, not new smaller one) as well as other phones, Plus a seperate shorter cable to recharge the battery pack. I don't foresee it stopping working, but if it does i may be able to use it as a smart looking paperweight due to the weight - you certainly wouldnt want to keep it in your pocket, but its not going to be noticeable in a rucksack or other bag.

Retractable iPhone/iPad charge cable:

Ex-Pro iPod USB Retractable Cable Lead 0.8m - Suitable for Apple , iPhone, i Phone, iTouch, iPad, iPod, i pod, iPod Mini, iPod Video, iPod shuffle, iPod with Dock Connector, iPod Clickwheel and iPod Colour screen, ipod Color, iPod U2, i Touch, Classic, ...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great battery pack, 3 Jun. 2013
I purchased this item just before I went away camping for 6 days. With the idea of being able to have my phone always working throughout the holiday without any form of mains supply. I had looked into Solar phone chargers however, after having 2 that were not very powerful I opted for a battery pack instead.

So did the battery pack keep my phone charged all week?
YES! Not only did this battery pack manage to keep my phone going a, Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray, it also fully charged a Sony Xperia J, and 2 Iphone 4s! As far as I can remember not one persons phone stopped working on the trip. Before leaving I had the battery pack charging overnight and then left early the next morning, by the time we came home, It had less than 25%, but still not completely flat.

Since returning back from my holiday I take this battery pack around with me most places, due to its small size and compact design.

The main way the battery pack works is USB, so most mobiles and tablets will work, there are different ports that are more aimed at certain products. There is an A port - for Apple products. and an S port for you android smart phones. putting the correct device in the correct port does give marginally quicker charge.
It can charge an Ipad 3, but it won't fully charge it from flat, due to the Ipad's battery size being bigger than the pack itself, however it will keep going on for a lot longer.

Overall, I am very pleased with this battery pack and would highly recommend it to anyone that likes to keep on the go, whilst still remaining connected.

5.0 out of 5 stars The 12000mAh model is very good, 21 May 2013
Camazon Wustomer "C Wustomer" (Cotswolds) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Having bought a Galaxy S4 and a couple of extra batteries I thought it made sense to have high capacity portable charged backup for when away from an AC outlet.

Not only does this mean I don't have to keep prising the phone out of its protective case to swap pre charged batteries - it also means there's less chance of wear and tear on the phone's casing when you'd normally swap the internal battery for a charged one.

As far as I can see this is built really well and on one full charge I can charge the Galaxy S4 3-4 times using it

It's heavier than some other solutions,but very nice and smooth in the hand,the weight is because it has 44.4 watt hour battery inside.

Many connectors for different phones are included with the battery pack,though it is always safer to use the genuine manufacturers connectors.

Tough as old boots and having a simple one to four circles to show remaining capacity, this one gets my vote for anyone planning on being away from ac power or with concerns about draining their laptop battery if using that to charge their phones

I prefer to use the better quality cables and connectors that came with my phone for charging it and to charge this unit properly you need a charger that can supply 5v DC @ 1.5 Amps to its mini usb in (which is not included)

Note that some usb outputs on non powered PC hubs may not be able to supply as much as 1.5 Amps and you might be better off using the power supply that came with your phone or tablet to charge this if it is rated at that capacity or above(amperage only,voltage should not be higher than 5V DC)

Another application for it is as a ups for a usb hub as this unit will supply an output whilst charging

Top marks from me here,next we need a bouncy case..

5.0 out of 5 stars PowerGen 12000mAh External Battery Pack, 3 April 2013
Going on holiday soon and what with 3 mobile phones, a tablet, Nintendo DS's and mp3 players thought I'd better be prepared! Firstly, it looks well made, solid, sturdy and would appear to take a few knocks if necessary. Yes, it is quite 'weighty' but it is a battery pack!! Its not 'unattractive'(?) in appearance - as if that really matters! What really matters is as to whether it does the job it was designed to do! The amount of charge remaining is indicated by 4 blue led's on the front. Connectivity is covered for the majority of applications by the numerous, well made connectors supplied.

Have charged it via usb from a pc and it took a few hours to charge the last 25% to full charge. However, I don't consider that a drawback since you can plug it in and forget it.
Charged my wifes HTC and my daughters iphone3, both at the same time, both about 25% remaining - 90 minutes later both were virtually at full charge. Haven't tried it on the tablet yet but so far I am cautiously impressed. Please remember to carefully read the instructions as to which output to use depending upon the item being charged! It may seem obvious but . . . .!!

Would I recommend it? Yes. Would I buy another one? Yes. Only time will tell as to whether I will remain as impressed as this or not. Will try to remember to update this review after returning from 2 weeks holiday in a couple of months.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 12 Feb. 2014
M. L. E. Roberts (UK) - See all my reviews
My phone battery likes to last 12-14 hours with 'moderate' use. I once used it as a satnav with the screen turned off, to get ~100 miles away from my comfort zone on a motorbike ride out, where it decided to go flat leaving me in a bit of a pickle to get home (but I did, thankfully, I'm not very good at interpreting where I need to go!) So I got this little beaut. I recently went on a journey ~200 miles from home, from which I out between 5:30AM until 11PM. When I got home, my phone was on 90% battery, even after using it for music for at least 5 hours. Is this magic? No it's this battery pack, which by the way was still showing 3 rings of charge left.

I've also used this battery pack to run a Raspberry Pi (mini computer) for a whole day (I don't recall the charge left on the battery pack, it wasn't flat, I think it could go 2 days at least), which was actually the reason I purchased this. Since using it in many scenarios, my friends and family have gone out and purchased variants of this one. Admittedly I don't require the 12000 mAh one, I could have got away with 6000-8000 but still it isn't exactly too big or weighty to carry around, it's no bigger than the size of my palm (I'm 6ft 5" though) and besides, I have a bag everywhere I go, so it's absolutely no burden but a totally life-saving device.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 13 May 2013
This is a wonderful edition to my pocket/bag. I orginally only brought this so I could charge my things for a festival but now I've found myself taking it out with me every day, easy to carry and fantastic charge and it gets the job done quick and without effort. If you find yourself out a lot or you do a lot of festivals like i do and begrudge paying £5 for a quick charge you definetly want one of this is you gadget box!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works a treat, 23 Jun. 2014
A. Rautenbach (Scotland) - See all my reviews
I bought this before going on holiday, as iPhone/iPod are invaluable for passing the time while waiting for planes etc., but no good if they run out of power. Especially annoying if you're needing to save that last bit of power to make a phone call or use the map at the other end.
The battery pack works a treat. I've used it to power up iPhone 4s, iPod touch and iPad v1. I've also used it to charge up my bluetooth headphones and kindle. It had plenty of power to keep the devices up and running during a 2 hour flight and the x hours waiting about before and after said flight.
Although bulky to some extent, it's light/small enough to put phone + charger in my rucksack when I'm going on long runs and I don't have to fear that I'm going to lose music/GPS tracking out in the middle of nowhere. So refreshing to arrive back home and have iPhone still fully charged and ready to use elsewhere.
the only issue I've had is where the battery pack has sometimes switched itself off for some reason while I'm using it and I only notice when my iPhone gets low on charge, but that may be from accidentally hitting the power on button.

3.0 out of 5 stars Impressive capacity but the outputs aren't as advertised., 31 Jan. 2015
After having one of these for a few months I now feel I have my information together enough to give a clear picture of this device for other prospective buyers. I've used this device on a variety of items, both my Galaxy S2, S4, Pebble Watch, Kindle, Bluetooth headset, bluetooth speaker and allowed other people to use it to charge their devices. While the battery itself has functioned correctly the problem lies with the outputs available, while the device is advertised as a single 1 amp output with 2 more slots that share 2 amps between them I've been unable to coax more than 0.7 amps out of any of the outputs with a variety of cables while the same cables are perfectly capable of providing a stable 1 amp (in most cases) and 2 amps (in a couple of cases) out of other charging apparatus for the same devices.

The battery capacity itself means the device still has a place sat in my bag for when I do need to charge something on the go, but buyer beware the output isn't as stated and if you have a really power hungry device (as the tech world increasingly moves towards 2 amp devices) you could be left wanting.

‹ Previous | 1 2 366 | Next ›