4.0 out of 5 stars Clr Antrobus

Published 23 months ago by Anthony Butcher

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Clr Antrobus, 3 Oct. 2012
This review is from: York Active 120 Treadmill (Sports)
Good service from Sweatband. Gave a 4hr, 2 man delivery slot on a day that suited me and kept me informed. Treadmill good value for the money. Mostly pre-assembled. Just a few self tapping screws although these can be quie hard to put in if you don't line them up properly. Initially the treadmill was a little noisy and rattled a little but a dose of wd40 on the rear wheels sorted this out and now it runs smoothly and is as quiet as a treadmill can be expected to be.

Only gripes are:-
1) I don't like any of the 12 pre programed workouts. This is probably down to my personal preferences but the instant speed/incline manual controls are excellent.

2) The pulse monitor grips on the handles are useless. They are slow to respond and are usually well off the correct reading. I have since bought a chest strap type monitor for less than £20 which does the job.

On the whole I don't think you could get a better value for money treadmill on the market. Other than the small niggles mentioned this teadmill is sturdy, smooth and has an incline feature you would probably only find on more expensive models.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Buy!!!, 25 May 2014
This review is from: York Active 120 Treadmill (Sports)
Purchased as a christmas present for the missus (yes I know what your about to say, lucky I have one of those relationships where I can get away with it!!!), it arrived promptly, and was well boxed, although rather hard to hide from her.

If your feeling strong then putting it together is a 1 person job, read the stickers on the base of the treadmill before you start assembly, they give you information that isn't contained in the instructions about the best way not to end up with your fingers severed from your hand, can hurt if you get it wrong ;)

Once set up its easy to use, and there is a program for all as well as being able to set your own speed and incline while in motion. We bought this specifically because of the power incline feature and good reviews.

We also purchased the York equipment mat at the same time as the unit is on a downstairs laminate floor, the mat keeps the unit where it should be.

Downsides.........when first used did make a lot of creaking noise, this calmed down over a short period of time and then stopped all together, and hasn't been heard since. Also there is no pause button, so when you stop, you stop, it resets the clock etc.

That said its a cracking bit of kit, belt is more than wide enough even for me and my lack of balance, and the missus is on it a couple of times a week at least which is a result.

Highly recommended!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant value for money, 6 Jan. 2014
Shisha "Shell" (WS.GREAT BRITAIN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: York Active 120 Treadmill (Sports)
Thank you for your promptness, the delivery was very quick, the delivery men delivered well within the allotted time slot. as for the treadmill it's great, 13 great programs 12 pre programmed and one manual, it also has an incline, what else could any one ask for.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... replace a worn out previous York model - no bad points for the moment -good value as got a ..., 29 Jan. 2015
This review is from: York Active 120 Treadmill (Sports)
Purchased to replace a worn out previous York model - no bad points for the moment -good value as got a good discounted price -
I would rather the designers put an accurate calorie counter in the on board computer instead of the body fat calculator - when all said and done most people that use them like me already know that they are overwieght- if when you enter your stats it used them to calculate the cals burnt instead of giving a basic it would be better but then again price is a factor here and I haven't paid 1000.00 plus .
I find the running belt sounds more hollow like you are running in an alley from my last one that was more of a dull thud but that's proberbly but to slightly the different material of the running belt.
Good speed range ,good incline range and a good selection of programs and settings -I love it

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good value treadmill, 28 Feb. 2013
This review is from: York Active 120 Treadmill (Sports)
The treadmill was delivered on time, superbly packed. Removing it from the box, I raised the leg to "storage mode" and couldn't flatten it. But a nice, well informed lady at York Service explained what to do. Probelm solved. Assembly straight forward. The treadmill is attractive, quiet running and robust, giving every indication of long life. I agree with the comments of rev antrobus. Speed, distance, time and calories etc are clearly displayed, simultansously. Excellent value for money, quick speed and quick incline features very useful. My only regret, being a bit old fashioned, is that there is no button to give miles and mph equivalents to kilometers.

AB

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb piece of exercise equipment!, 25 Jun. 2013
This review is from: York Active 120 Treadmill (Sports)
Have been using this at least three times a week for the past six months. It's very solid and reassuringly heavy. I got a friend who goes to the gym all the time to test it and he said he was impressed with how solid/strong it is.

This was the only treadmill I could find for under £400 (or anything close) to have an automatic incline function - all the rest had a manual 2/3 stepped incline at best.

Its top speed (16kph) is way above what I'll ever achieve and isn't anywhere near as noise as I was expecting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Substantial piece of equipment, 31 May 2014
N. Hoare "NickH" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: York Active 120 Treadmill (Sports)
The weight of 71Kg was a clue that this was a proper bit of kit. A nightmare to get upstairs mind. I have used it for a few weeks and I have every confidence in it. Seems to me like gym quality. The powered incline up to 12% means it is possible to intensify the workout even if you stck to walking speeds. (We are close to, but not yet at, retirement age)
The display is large bright and very easy to read so glasses are not needed. Heart beat monitor very useful for checking that training is happening at the right level. It only has 12 fixed programs but you can adjust the length of the program. It has quick set speed and incline buttons but also has very handy speed and incline +- buttons on the handles so it is easy to change anything whilst using it. So no fancy programming but does the job. My only gripe is that at the end of a program all settings go back to 0 so if you don't read the calorie counter just before it stops you've lost it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks refurbished, 24 April 2013
This review is from: York Active 120 Treadmill (Sports)
The first of these that I received had two large scratches that had bubbled up across the main console screen and a quick examination of the back revealed lots of minor scratches and scuffs. I sent it back (Amazon were very good about this) and the new one arrived today. Again, the console doesn't look new. It's perfectly usable, but again this looks like a refurbished, rather than new unit. I don't mind, but it doesn't say so in the description which I think is very misleading.

The rest of the machine looks to be in perfect condition and is very solidly built.

It is worth pointing out that these are extremely heavy at 71kg and manoeuvring them alone is tricky. I paid the delivery men another £20 to get them to take it upstairs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 9 Feb. 2014
C. Clark - See all my reviews
This review is from: York Active 120 Treadmill (Sports)
Very happy with this purchase. Easy to put together. Easy to use. I was disappointed there was no pause button but later discovered if you press the start button while running it will pause the machine for you. Very easy to change speed and incline while running.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exercise!, 30 Mar. 2013
This review is from: York Active 120 Treadmill (Sports)
We bought this so we could 'go for a walk' what ever the weather. Setup in the spare bedroom, in front of a TV. Now I can walk to my favourite music DVDs or watching the footie!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›