4.0 out of 5 stars Clr Antrobus

Published 20 months ago by Anthony Butcher

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Clr Antrobus, 3 Oct 2012
This review is from: York Active 120 Treadmill (Sports)
Good service from Sweatband. Gave a 4hr, 2 man delivery slot on a day that suited me and kept me informed. Treadmill good value for the money. Mostly pre-assembled. Just a few self tapping screws although these can be quie hard to put in if you don't line them up properly. Initially the treadmill was a little noisy and rattled a little but a dose of wd40 on the rear wheels sorted this out and now it runs smoothly and is as quiet as a treadmill can be expected to be.

Only gripes are:-
1) I don't like any of the 12 pre programed workouts. This is probably down to my personal preferences but the instant speed/incline manual controls are excellent.

2) The pulse monitor grips on the handles are useless. They are slow to respond and are usually well off the correct reading. I have since bought a chest strap type monitor for less than £20 which does the job.

On the whole I don't think you could get a better value for money treadmill on the market. Other than the small niggles mentioned this teadmill is sturdy, smooth and has an incline feature you would probably only find on more expensive models.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Buy!!!, 25 May 2014
This review is from: York Active 120 Treadmill (Sports)
Purchased as a christmas present for the missus (yes I know what your about to say, lucky I have one of those relationships where I can get away with it!!!), it arrived promptly, and was well boxed, although rather hard to hide from her.

If your feeling strong then putting it together is a 1 person job, read the stickers on the base of the treadmill before you start assembly, they give you information that isn't contained in the instructions about the best way not to end up with your fingers severed from your hand, can hurt if you get it wrong ;)

Once set up its easy to use, and there is a program for all as well as being able to set your own speed and incline while in motion. We bought this specifically because of the power incline feature and good reviews.

We also purchased the York equipment mat at the same time as the unit is on a downstairs laminate floor, the mat keeps the unit where it should be.

Downsides.........when first used did make a lot of creaking noise, this calmed down over a short period of time and then stopped all together, and hasn't been heard since. Also there is no pause button, so when you stop, you stop, it resets the clock etc.

That said its a cracking bit of kit, belt is more than wide enough even for me and my lack of balance, and the missus is on it a couple of times a week at least which is a result.

Highly recommended!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant value for money, 6 Jan 2014
Shisha "Shell" (WS.GREAT BRITAIN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: York Active 120 Treadmill (Sports)
Thank you for your promptness, the delivery was very quick, the delivery men delivered well within the allotted time slot. as for the treadmill it's great, 13 great programs 12 pre programmed and one manual, it also has an incline, what else could any one ask for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, 28 Jan 2014
This review is from: York Active 120 Treadmill (Sports)
I managed to buy this treadmill from Amazon for £299 as part of their lightning deals.
There is an incline function which normally comes with more expensive treadmills.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good value treadmill, 28 Feb 2013
This review is from: York Active 120 Treadmill (Sports)
The treadmill was delivered on time, superbly packed. Removing it from the box, I raised the leg to "storage mode" and couldn't flatten it. But a nice, well informed lady at York Service explained what to do. Probelm solved. Assembly straight forward. The treadmill is attractive, quiet running and robust, giving every indication of long life. I agree with the comments of rev antrobus. Speed, distance, time and calories etc are clearly displayed, simultansously. Excellent value for money, quick speed and quick incline features very useful. My only regret, being a bit old fashioned, is that there is no button to give miles and mph equivalents to kilometers.

AB

5.0 out of 5 stars This treadmill is a real good bargain for its money, 26 July 2014
This review is from: York Active 120 Treadmill (Sports)
This treadmill is a real good bargain for its money ,it is well made sturdy machine, it is already assembled when it comes in a box ,easy to put up..has many different programmes to choose from and are easy to use ,the quick start button is really handyfor if you dont choose a programme and wish to make one up ,the machine also has an incline button ,which inclines the machine to your liking .i would recomend every household to have one of these so much easier than making the effort to go to a gym and more convenient if your short of time to keep fit.

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks refurbished, 24 April 2013
This review is from: York Active 120 Treadmill (Sports)
The first of these that I received had two large scratches that had bubbled up across the main console screen and a quick examination of the back revealed lots of minor scratches and scuffs. I sent it back (Amazon were very good about this) and the new one arrived today. Again, the console doesn't look new. It's perfectly usable, but again this looks like a refurbished, rather than new unit. I don't mind, but it doesn't say so in the description which I think is very misleading.

The rest of the machine looks to be in perfect condition and is very solidly built.

It is worth pointing out that these are extremely heavy at 71kg and manoeuvring them alone is tricky. I paid the delivery men another £20 to get them to take it upstairs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb piece of exercise equipment!, 25 Jun 2013
This review is from: York Active 120 Treadmill (Sports)
Have been using this at least three times a week for the past six months. It's very solid and reassuringly heavy. I got a friend who goes to the gym all the time to test it and he said he was impressed with how solid/strong it is.

This was the only treadmill I could find for under £400 (or anything close) to have an automatic incline function - all the rest had a manual 2/3 stepped incline at best.

Its top speed (16kph) is way above what I'll ever achieve and isn't anywhere near as noise as I was expecting.

1.0 out of 5 stars I'm very disappointed with this early Xmas present, 12 Dec 2014
This review is from: York Active 120 Treadmill (Sports)
So far, I'm very disappointed with this early Xmas present, for several reasons: I had no contact from the delivery company as to when it was coming, no text or phone call. Luckily, however, I was home when they came. The treadmill was fairly easy to put together, and all the pieces were packaged well and clearly marked., however, we did have trouble with one screw where the holes weren't lined up properly. There are several scratches on the console readout, where all the information re; speed, time, programmes, etc are displayed. There are also scuffs and scratches in other laces on the main console, and Some of the lettering in places is peeling off and broken, which sadly make this new item look 'used'. The biggest complaint I have with this treadmill, however, is the fact that it won't run! I have talked to York Fitness and they have offered to send a technician out in the next 3 working days. In fairness, York was relatively easy to get through to, and I was put straight through to an actual person, who spoke proper English, took my details, gave me a ref number, and was pleasant to talk to. The real verdict is still out as to the outcome of my Christmas present. The next few days will tell me more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exercise!, 30 Mar 2013
This review is from: York Active 120 Treadmill (Sports)
We bought this so we could 'go for a walk' what ever the weather. Setup in the spare bedroom, in front of a TV. Now I can walk to my favourite music DVDs or watching the footie!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›