on 7 August 2014
I first came across these books in my early teens. Now over the past few years there has been a "deluge" of information, photos etc on the second wrold war in the air, but back then (1950s) there wasn't that much available. I recall seeing the same blurred B/W shot of the german Me109 and Fw 190 printed again and again in various books. So, against this background, this HMSO trilogy came as a revelation, in the operational detail provided. Although we now know a lot more and some of the information is a bit dated, still really, really good and the Kindle version is virtually a give-away.
on 28 December 2013
There is not a lot more I can say other than it is a really good read.,,,,,,,,,,,,why are you forced into writing a set number of words , sometimes Amazon , Less is more.
on 20 August 2013
I chose the rating of 4stars because the detail was good except it had been copied with quite a few mistakes but it did not spoil the vast amount of information that had gone into the writing of the book. For anyone who wants to learn more about the RAF and its progress I can thoroughly recommend it.
on 27 October 2013
It was OK, But a bit nerdish. Enjoyable it nevertheless. I did not regret buying it. Quite good in general. And of course, a bit out of date
on 26 December 2014
OK
on 19 August 2013
Downloaded several reference books - not yet read this one - hence three stars for now so too early to say...
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse