5.0 out of 5 stars Weighed Up
The Duronic KS760 is a useful kitchen device that is easy to use, practical,light weight and durable. It is well constructed, modern and fashionable and pleasing to the eye with its modern stainless finish to the weighing platform.

I have found it versitile and easy to use for everyday baking / weighing!
Published on 31 May 2011 by Mr. Rick Ellery

3.0 out of 5 stars Duronic KS760 SS Digital 5 KG Kitchen Scale
I was amazed at how slim this scale was, it's easy to use with a large clear display, so large I do not need to use my glasses! You can place any plate or bowl on them to weigh your food, I have discovered that the weight seems to change if I leave the item on the scale so removing right away is recommended.
I have found the buttons to be flimsy and switching off is...
Published on 12 Sept. 2011 by Grace Cleverdon

5.0 out of 5 stars Weighed Up, 31 May 2011
Mr. Rick Ellery "koolgoatie" (Swindon Wilts) - See all my reviews

I have found it versitile and easy to use for everyday baking / weighing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Duronic ks760, 13 Jun. 2011
Brought these scales to replace similar worn out type which we have had for years. These Duronic are superb. They have easy to read large figures. Unlike some others they stay on long enough to weigh and add and add which is very important with this type of scale when adding ingredients 'in the bowl'. The tear function acts quickly. They also weigh in oz, fl oz and ml which is great for my morning porridge. Easy to store taking up little space.

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy little item, 8 Feb. 2012
Q88 (London, England) - See all my reviews
Weighs things exactly - small enough to store away without taking up too much space, big enough to stand measuring jubs, etc., on it. I wish I had bought them before!

5.0 out of 5 stars Better and More Durable than Salter Scales in my Opinion, 6 July 2011
I bought these scales after having bought two sets of Salter scales in the past few years, both of which gave up the ghost in just over a year - and they hadn't been abused or over-used in any way. I was in two minds whether to buy these scales as they had no reviews at the time and I like to make sure something has a good write-up before I buy it, but I took the plunge because they were inexpensive and I was fed up with paying more for branded scales that broke after so little use.

Now that I have used them for a few months I can honestly say that I find these much better than the Salter scales to use. They are wider and flatter and so much easier to balance a plate or bowl on so that you can still see the display. The display itself is quite large for kitchen scales and therefore easier to see. Function-wise they do everything my more expensive scales did.

I can't comment as to durability yet as I have only had them a few months but I will be back to update this review in a year or so to indicate how they have lasted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic slim line stylish scale, 18 Feb. 2012
I bought this scale to replace my old 'Rosemary Conley' scales which were dropped and broken by my son.

I chose this model due to the good reviews and great price and I am really pleased with my purchase. This is quite small, slim and lightweight but it does exactly what I want it to PLUS looks great in my kitchen!

There are only two buttons which I think is a good thing as there is less to get dirt in and break. I also like that you can 'zero' the weight so for example, if you add flour to a bowl you can then zero it to add sugar to the same bowl without removing anything. It is also useful to be able to change between type i.e. g and ml.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to fit & use and very accurate, 16 Jun. 2011
Clock, timer and wall mounted scales all in one. Just about perfect.

I've just bought and fitted one of these. The mounting bracket is held in place by one screw so it's really easy to fit and vertical alignment takes care of itself.

The controls are clear and easy to use (although for the countdown timer you use the hour button to set the minutes and the minutes button to set the seconds).

Testing it against known weights has shown it to be accurate enough to weigh coins correctly. Measured accuracy is to ±0.25g or better but since it displays in 1g increments the displayed accuracy is ±1g. (Sorry I haven't tested the lbs and ozs scale).

It weighs up to 3Kg/6lb which seems to be fairly typical for kitchen scales.

The glass plate detaches so it can be "deep cleaned".

5.0 out of 5 stars Kitchen Scales, 7 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Duronic KS5000 Large Digital Display 5KG Kitchen Scales with 24.5cm Diameter Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl and 2 Years FREE Warranty
This product looks cool and modern with it's lovely chrome bowl on top. I love the way you can change the weights and measures on it. Easy to read and very easy to use. Would recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice set of scales - only downside is that the twin CR-2032 coin batteries can be expensive and only last a few months, 14 Dec. 2011
Charlie-CJ (England) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
These Duronic scales replaced our 10 year old digital Salter scales that finally succumbed. Duronic are a brand that sells exclusively via Amazon, and these scales build quality is pretty good - they seem the equal of modern Salter kitchen scales. There's two proper click buttons on the scales for 'Unit' and 'on/off Tare', and the scales go up to 5 kg/11 lb. Weight units are selectable as g, fl oz, oz or ml [where oz display as lb & oz]. The 20cm x 20cm x 1.5 cm balance works via 4 'high precision' sensors built into the balance's feet, so the entire flat stainless steel top is the balance. As these feet stand proud underneath, I'm careful when sliding the scales into storage as these delicate feet can snag. Owing to the front buttons/display, only 15.5cm of the top back-to-front area can be used to place the items to be weighed. The 5.5 x 2.5 cm illuminated display is easy to read with white numerals on a bright blue backlight. The balance switches on via the on/tare button, auto-zeros, and once it's on, you can repeatedly tare to zero as you add ingredients up to the maximum weight.

There's an auto-off feature to save batteries, and the unit switches off automatically exactly 1 minute after the last weighing - losing any weight showing on the display. You can switch units when the balance is weighing and the weight appears very quickly, in under a second whether 50g or 2kg. Hold down the on/tare button and the balance switches off. Although perfect for worktops and lino floors, the balance can't be used on carpets. It's all so simple and logical you don't need a manual, although a little folded A4 sheet guide was supplied. There's LCD warnings for 'unstable' [uneven floor], low battery [Lo] and 'minus weight' [EEEE]. I weighed an article at work on a high precision balance and the Duronic was just as accurate within it's 1g minimum resolution. We have no problems with flour etc trapping in the buttons.

The only downside really is that the two supplied batteries are CR-2032s, and they run the bright backlight. So obtain a few spares beforehand on-line as they can be expensive when bought in the highstreet and fail quickly when exhausted. In their favour CR-2032s retain their charge better at lower temperatures, but I prefered our old Salter's 9v battery that lasted 10+ years. Otherwise a nice responsive balance to use and cheap to buy, so we're happy [4*]. Two and a half years on the scales are still working fine, although having been caught out a few times with sudden battery failure when using the scales all day at the Guide/Scout hut, we have recently bought a second set of cheap kitchen scales: the Andrew James Electronic Digital Kitchen Scales With Glass Platform as these scales run far longer between battery changes as they use 2xAAA batteries (supplied) and don't run a back-light. We are keeping these Duronic KS1009 scales as well though, as my daughter likes the Duronic's style and its extra weighing options of ml and fluid oz.

3.0 out of 5 stars Duronic KS760 SS Digital 5 KG Kitchen Scale, 12 Sept. 2011
Grace Cleverdon (Devon, England) - See all my reviews
I have found the buttons to be flimsy and switching off is tricky sometimes! But all in all a good set of scales.

5.0 out of 5 stars simplicity itself, 27 Dec. 2011
W. Langley (Platts Heath, Kent) - See all my reviews
It does exactly what it says - it weighs, zero' s once you have a bowl on and measures volumes of liquid all at the touch of a button.
It has a small footprint and switches itself off - if you are like me you're so into what is being baked etc that forget to switch it off.

Recommended for top chefs to children - its simplicity itself to use.