on 18 March 2014
I was looking forward to recieving this item due to moving out shortly, however i was dissapointed when it was delivered.

On the discription is stated that the box would be slightly damaged, which was fine as this made the price slightly lower which was great! but i did not expect to find that the toaster was caved in at the front when i opened it up.

It's unfortunate as i still do want this item, however i am going to shop elsewhere to ensure i get good quality.
on 16 November 2014
On the plus side it is the only toaster I could find that fits the very large slices of bread that I cut from the loaf I buy from our local bakery. On the negative side it toasts very unevenly so you have to swap it around to get both sides browned. Also, as other reviewers have commented, the chrome part of the exterior gets very hot, though that isn't really a problem as long as you know that and don't touch it. It looks quite good, as toasters go, but overall rather disappointing.
on 3 September 2012
I am really pleased to say that my home made bread slices fit in this toaster. I had to cut them in half to get them in my old toaster as my bread rises quite high and each slice is big enough for one round of sandwiches! However, it does not toast as evenly as I'd like. One side toasts darker than the other, so to get an evenly toasted slice, I have to turn it round and toast again as I did in my old one! On the whole, however, I am pleased with it and it looks smart in my kitchen.
on 15 January 2016
This is a nice solid toaster; very well constructed, with a stylish design. It is robust in its mechanism and has all the basic features one would expect. The only point to note is that the cord length from plug to toaster seems very short. This may stop wires getting in the way in some kitchens, or it may restrict where you have to put it, which must be nearly under a higher plug. This inflexibility is the only down side so far. Overall it looks nice and seems very well made.
on 2 May 2016
The outside gets so hot it is impossible to touch without burning your fingers. Not at all suitable unless you have asbestos hands.
on 12 June 2016
Never liked this since we got it, burns my toast nearly every time I use it no matter what setting I use. Too late to send back
on 9 February 2015
The problem with this toaster is the same as I've had with no less than three other toasters. One side of the bread was toasted an even golden brown; the other side was dark brown - not quite burnt. I wonder if there is a toaster out there which toasts both sides of the bread the same colour? Apart from that, it looks OK, and I didn't experience the problem of hot casing mentioned by other customer reviews.
Mine has gone to British heart Foundation shop.
on 10 August 2015
Russel Hobbs has always stated quality and this toaster is no different. Beautifully made, lovely colour, easy clean. I had to buy it as my toasters slots were way too narrow, my toast came out all gnarly. No such problem with this, great wide slots and crumb catcher you can remove clean and reinsert. This is a quality piece, sturdy build, knobs and levers feel well made also. I have the kettle as well.....another worthwhile purchase. Very happy customer.
on 16 April 2016
Honestly this is the worst toaster I've ever used. The whole thing gets so hot when in use that you can't even touch it. If your bread is on the small size it gets stuck in the toaster and there is no way of getting it out because the whole thing is so hot. It either gives me burnt toast or pappy bread. I've bought so many items on Amazon and never felt the need to leave a bad review but honestly thing twice about this item. I would never buy this again!
on 3 January 2016
How is this device even up for sale is beyond me. This is just an accident waiting to happen. Sooner rather than later someone will get badly burnt trying to fish out the toasted slices out of this evil device, or perhaps it'll blow up in flames, given how dam hot the shell gets during normal operation. I'm returning it after only 2 days of use, don't want this thing anywhere in my house. Probably won't be buying any other Russell Hobbs products either.