5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch for the money
I was looking for a classic, clear, no nonsense watch and I decided on this one. It was even 25% off because of the holiday season, so I contacted my brother and we both bought the same one. The pros and cons, after using it for two weeks:

Pros:
- Classic design
- Comfortable, simple leather strap
- Indiglo back light by pressing the right knob,...
Published on 18 Dec. 2012 by Jelle

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice face, bad strap
Published on 7 Feb. 2013 by Dr B. G. Prentiss

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch for the money, 18 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Timex Originals Central Park Fullsize with Slip-Thru Strap, Brown Leather Strap - T2N893 (Watch)

Pros:
- Classic design
- Comfortable, simple leather strap
- Indiglo back light by pressing the right knob, which makes it easy to see the time at night

Cons:
- Loudness. Whenever you are in a small room by yourself, you will be able to hear it ticking. I need to put it in a cabinet when I go to sleep because I know it will bother me.

For the money, this is a great watch. If you are looking for a completely silent watch, you should probably look further and pay much more so you do pretty much get what you pay for when buying this one. I suspect that the other Timex watches in this category, like the Timex Weekender are also prone to this so I do not consider this a big deal at all.

I must note that the 'shine' of the outer ring is much more present in real life than it looks like on the product photos I've seen. Looking at the photos it almost looks like a matte finish but that's not the case.

For anyone that's new to these kind of Timex watches, like me: I recommend this one.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice face, bad strap, 7 Feb. 2013
The face is classically simple and clear, visible and readable in all lights. But the band is very thim and flimsy, and not strong enough to hold the weight of the face. Not only will the end of the strap not stay fixed under the metal loops, but it will actually work the buckle loose so that the watch has fallen off my wrist, landing on the pavement. It still works because it is a Timex, but if I had kept the box and wrapping, I'd return it. Instead, I will have to add to the overall cost by buying a different strap. I do not recommend purchasing this particular combination.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice but I cannot sleep in the same room with it !, 6 Feb. 2013
I got it for less than GBP 20. I could pay 50.
The reason I bought it was to use it with some nato straps during summer to match my clothes.
The watch is really nice: the dial colour is not white but the kind of yellow that makes it look like an "old" (vintage) watch.
The band is leather but it's so thin (like a sheet of paper !) I feel it will tear apart after some time but I bought it to change straps so I don't care.

The BIG PROBLEM is that it makes a terrible sound when ticking (that is all the time). I does not disturb me when I am wearing it outside
but if you are in the same room with it and its silence you can hear it ticking.
Interestingly enough if you press the crystal the sound is reduced. I believe the company could do better work. There must be a way to make it silent!

Anyways, still pretty happy with it. I give it 5 despite the noise.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 15 Nov. 2013
I've had this watch for a few months now. It's still as beautiful as it was on the day I got it. The press-light for the face is perfect for when you're in need of the time in the dark, and the look and feel is very classy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ladies' Timex Central Park Fullsize Watch, 2 May 2013
For someone like me, with Macular degeneration, this watch is ideal. Although not exactly elegant on a female wrist, it is so clear and easy to read. Thank you Timex

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty much what you'd expect, 17 Jan. 2013
I love this watch. Cheap, reliable so far, simplistic and stylish. Bought myself three other NATO straps that I rotate per the occasion. Honestly, this is the best watch you can get for the money. And the indiglo lighting is pretty awesome too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this watch it is exactly what I need and ..., 12 Jan. 2015
Love this watch it is exactly what I need and want. Was a bit surprised at how thin the strap is -not sure how long it will last, but for now it's doing the job and I'm extremely happy with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice and neat, 27 Dec. 2014
Nice and neat, brand with a story, everyday watch. the leather band is way to thin and not long enough to tuck into the second metal loop so it hangs free, but my hand is wide somewhat.

4.0 out of 5 stars nice watch, shame about the strap, 27 Feb. 2015
Very nice national watch, lousy strap

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch face but strp lacking, 17 Nov. 2013
This is a nice watch but the strap although leather, is not very substantial. I expect I will. Enchanting that will need changing very soon.