5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping
Published on 12 Jun. 2012 by mamacavs

3.0 out of 5 stars Dare to Bleed
This book drops you into the life of Emily, a 'normal' girl (whatever that is) without any agenda who all of a sudden is attracting males like bees to a flower. This would be fun except she's apparently sworn of men - although she does a horrific job of staying away from them.

Published 20 months ago by Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping, 12 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Dare to Bleed (Emily Sullivan Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
WARNING. Do not read this book unless you intead to read it non stop! I seriously couldnt put it down! Great story, with funny, 'human' characters(with a twist). I'm always a little sceptical when the books are free, but yet again, I've discovered an author, who I will be looking out for again. Cant praise it enough. If I could give it 10 stars I would have. Onto book number 2....

3.0 out of 5 stars Dare to Bleed, 6 July 2013

On the positive side, this is a fun, quick book to read to a few twists and turns to keep you guessing.

On the negative, Emily is very flighty and doesn't seem to know her own mind. She is always arguing with the males in her life and telling him/them to go away, she doesn't like/love them anymore yada yada yada, but then in the next breath she is kissing them and wishing it would go further. This got a bit monotonous. The ending is also quite abrupt but this may be because it is part of a series and it's supposed to be a cliff-hanger.

I won't be reading anymore in this series as, after reading the synopsis for the next book, it just appears that Emily is the same and moving on from Ezra to Axle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!!, 9 Jun. 2014
Couldn't put it down. Just as good as the other two. Needed to read the previous one as it's been a while In between each book and got abit confusing but once I got my barings I realised how much I loved the storyline. Will defiantly be waiting for the next instalment.

5.0 out of 5 stars None, 22 Feb. 2014
have just finished this book really enjoyed so much i av just downloaded next 2 books in the series emily is such a great character can't wait to seewhat happens with axle

5.0 out of 5 stars teenager book, 31 Oct. 2013
My teenage daughter bought this book and when asked said its awesome and very addictive reading....so id say its a winner!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great but a little confusing in parts, 29 May 2013
I'm really glad I downloaded this book, it got a bit confusing at times with all the different guys but I was quickly hooked on the story so I'm glad I persevered. Looking forward to the next one.

4.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoyed this book...., 19 April 2013
I liked the story and the characters the only problem I have with it is the length - I devoured it in about 5 hours and then it was all over! However I first read this in Nov 2012 and forgot to review, then I noticed the second book, Love Nip is now available so I thought I would re-read Dare to Bleed again to refresh my memory before I read Love Nip and found I enjoyed it just as much as I did the first time!!

It is very easy to read and a real struggle to put down, the story is a good concept and I loved the twists. I will say, as much as I love a devastatingly good looking vampire, I think Em should have gone for Axle and not Ezra but hey ho there are more books to come so who knows what will happen, may be she'll try them all! I am very much looking forward to the next book to see how Em and her powers develop.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dare to bleed, 18 Mar. 2013
Couldn't put this down . Funny fast paced and just a little bit sexy. Can't wait to read more. Highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read and highly recommend, 23 Jan. 2013
I won this book in a facebook event giveaway, I started reading Monday evening and finished today (wed eve) and had to worked during the days.

I was completely drawn into the book and it held my attention from the first to the last page. Great easy read with romance, action, good, evil and bits in the middle :-)

I love supernatural fantasy and this certainly falls in that category, esp if you love vampires and witches...

I do agree with what other reviewer said about the lead character Emily being too flippant about situations however you can't help but like her - she is fiercely loyal to those she loves.

As for the male characters well take your pick, they are all gorgeous and have good and bad points but there is something for everyone.

I really enjoyed the story line and will recommend this book to people and it is a really enjoyable read you don't want to put down.

I've had the pleasure of speaking with the author and this is her first book, and for a first book it's an absolutely amazing achievement and I'm excited to see future work from Mary Whitten :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy ending, 12 Jan. 2013
I really enjoyed this book and I was glad it had a happy ending. Glad Emily and Ezra got together. Would definitely recommend this book.it's hard to put down.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›