4.0 out of 5 stars Super dongle
Needing 8gbs in order to back up my system I chose Kingston because they have always suited me and came recommended by my IT Consultant. I like the slide over cover and the new addition of a flashing light whilst copying. So very well satisfied with it and your service. GB
Published on 21 Feb. 2011 by G. Byatt

3.0 out of 5 stars Large but slow
I already have a 16GB DataTraveler 101 Gen 2 which I was happy with so when I needed more space I thought I would get the larger model.
The 32GB version is much slower with average transfer rates of only 6Mb/s compared to 14Mb/s for the 16Gb model (same files, same USB slot). More than twice as long to copy the same files. I will keep this product but I am still...
Published on 15 Jan. 2013 by Paul Bennett

4.0 out of 5 stars Super dongle, 21 Feb. 2011
G. Byatt (Cheltenham, England) - See all my reviews

2.0 out of 5 stars Worked fine.. for a while!!, 10 Oct. 2012
I bought it for backing up work when based out of office on a weekly basis. Was roking fine then after two months it started slowing way down when I started to use if for every day tasks. In the last week of it's life it was chronically slow, would fail to be recognised after being left plugged in for a while. Finally, it wasnt recoginsesed at all by any computer I tried. In fact, it caused machines to freeze and crash as they attempted to communicate with it!

Now doesnt show up on Windows on Linux, Windows Disk manager cant do anything with it, cant format it, now a useless piece of plastic and metal.

Luckily I didn't lose anything valuable on it! Even though it was a generic, cheap memory stick, I would have expected more than two month life span.

1.0 out of 5 stars 100% failure rate, 20 Mar. 2013
I bought 4 of these drives in January and they've only been used a couple of times since then. All four have now failed completely leading to data loss and corruption. I had to re-copy data onto a number of smaller drives to get the job done. They got one star as Amazon doesn't offer a zero-star rating. I've had other Kingston drives which do work reasonably well, but a 100% failure rate in this batch makes me want to go to other makes and other suppliers.

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not work, 12 Mar. 2014
Unfortunately the memory stick did not work, my laptop displayed the message 'could not install driver' and did not allow me to put any files onto the stick.

1.0 out of 5 stars problems with stick, 6 Feb. 2014
i had one of these and it keeps corrupting and saying it needs to be formatted none stop problems withit

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless Rubbish, 5 Jan. 2014
I've used this design of memory-sticks in the past, but Kingston now appear to have made some design changes that make them utterly useless:

1. Speed - this is by far the slowest memory stick I've used, and is slower than a 2gb version of the same model that I got several years ago.

2. Non-Standard - this is not a standard USB memory stick: windows detects it as some kind of optical drive, not a USB memory stick; it cannot be repartitioned, even using MacOS or Linux & it cannot be used as a boot drive.

Based on these unadvertised and undesirable product changes - I will certainly not be either buying, or recommending any of their products again.

2.0 out of 5 stars Unreliable - doesn't always register as a drive when plugging in., 9 Feb. 2014
Richard Lyall (UK) - See all my reviews
Within a couple of weeks it had become unreliable. It only seems to work every 3rd time I insert it now. And this is after trying it in several ports. Sometimes it ejects itself after being inserted successfully. When it works, it works fine, but I can't rely on it to work when I need it to.

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not work, 18 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Kingston Technology DataTraveler 101 Generation 2 64GB USB Flash Drive - Green (Personal Computers)
This worked a few times but after a couple of weeks could not get to work. I contacted Kingston to try and find out what was wrong they informed me it was a fake and to send it back which I have done today.
If you buy this be very careful its not a fake like mine.

1.0 out of 5 stars stoped working 3 days after the 30 days return policy, 20 Feb. 2014
Just stopped working, tried with divers utility software for mac and pc, just dead... Kingston is usually reliable but I wouldn't recommend this particular item.

1.0 out of 5 stars Mind-numbingly slow, 25 Aug. 2013
Small: Yes. Cheap: yes. Slow: Yes.

Whether formatted for PC (FAT-32) or Macs (HFS+) this thing is mind-numbingly slow to write to. Don't buy this if you plan on getting things done quickly. I have flash drives that I've had for over 3 years that, after constant use, are still faster than this dog of a drive.

On the other hand, if you just want to use this to read from (maybe you're going to carry movie or music files on it) then you should be fine. It'll take you a long while to fill it to capacity, but if you don't change the files once they're on there, or add new ones, you should be OK.