5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality product at a good price
I decided to buy these leggings after reading about the benefits of compression leggings for runners and the reviews of this product on amazon.co.uk.

Published 24 months ago by nairobiny

2.0 out of 5 stars They are way to long in the waistline and up over the stomach.
They are nice looking and the material feels ok.
The compression in them is not enough compared to other brands I would say.
They are way to long in the waistline and up over the stomach, so it's hard to get them to stay up.
Published 14 months ago by Andreas

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality product at a good price, 4 Aug 2012

I'm about a 32" waist/29" leg and I ordered the medium size. They fit snugly and there's a little bit of 'extra' in the leg for those of you with longer legs than me. They seem to be well made and have suffered no apparent ill-effects from being washed.

I found that the first time I used them they felt quite tight in the back of the knee, because that's where the compression is tight. I didn't find it as noticeable the second time around and I'm sure I'll get used to it. I found the compression to be really helpful for my thighs, where I have tended to suffer a little bit of soreness when running longer distances in shorts. I didn't feel any soreness at all after running in these, so I'm delighted with my purchase.

You could spend a lot more on the premium brands for this type of product but I'm perfectly happy with my SUB RX leggings. I would get them again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good!, 25 Jun 2012
This review is from: Sub Sports RX Men's Graduated Compression Baselayer Leggings / Tights (Sports Apparel)
Bought these after many hours of research & reading reviews.
I wasn't really up for paying 70+ for other brand names, so I went for these.
Size wise, I'm a 30/31" waist & about 5ft9. These fit me VERY well, not too tight, but perhaps a little on the long side. The waist band sits higher up than I thought it would. However, the waist band comes with a tie, so its not a big issue at all.
Awesome product, great price!

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality. Great value., 11 Jun 2012
VeganRunR (Northampton, England) - See all my reviews
Product was delivered next day and is very good quality. I have a couple of other compression garments by leading brands and this is easily as good at a much better price. I wear it at night for recovery after running and it has a good level of compression. I also purchased the long sleeve top.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value for the money, with some caveats, 7 Feb 2014
J. Markstrom (Chicago, IL, USA) - See all my reviews
About me:
------------
In terms of sports, I do mainly running and kick boxing. I have used compression garments from Nike (Pro Combat line), Adidas (Techfit line), Under Armor and 2XU. I consider 2XU the golden standard of compression gear. With regards to Sub Sports I own both an RX line top and bottom and have been using them 3-4 times a week for about a month at the time of writing this review.

Size:
-----
A lot of people reviewing Sub Sports compression clothing believe it to be comparatively small in size. They seem to miss the point of this type of garment: COMPRESSION! Compared to low-end products from Nike and Adidas (Under Armor), Sub Sport fit is tighter. Sub Sports length compared to Nike and Under Armor is considerably longer (which is great if you move a lot). Compared to the golden standard of compression gear, 2XU, fit and size is about the same(!) I would conclude that sizing is accurate and one should buy according to the sizing chart. I returned a size 'L' which was crazy lose, for a size 'M' which was near identical to my 2XU size 'MT'.

Compression:
-----------------
Compression compared to lower end brands (sorry it may seem crazy) like Nike and Adidas, Under Armor is very good. Compared to 2XU it's at least nearly as good.

Wearing them:
-------------------
There are some strange design choices with Sub Sports. Specifically there is a rough seam that runs on the inside/back side of the knee. I imagine this seam will cause skin rashes during longer runs -during my own runs it is at least an annoyance. The same goes for the top where a similar seam runs inside the armpit: I do kick boxing and when punching this seam is really disturbing me because of the friction it generates.

If you are a man you will appreciate that the Sub Sports pants are shaped at least somewhat to accommodate the male gender. The 2XU pants are flat in this area, putting more pressure on the male genitals

Toxic coloring?
------------------
My 2XU clothing shed a lot of color the first couple of times I washed them, as did the Sub Sports. The difference is that the Sub Sports smell toxic! 'Made in China' and smelling like this -who knows what chemicals are being compressed into your skin!? I would advise washing them a couple of times before first use to mitigate any risk to your health.

Value:
-------
Sub Sports offer exceptional value for the money. These are great compression clothing for very little money. I would recommend 2XU over these any time, but as a spare set or for someone on a budget, they cannot be beaten.

5.0 out of 5 stars just as good as expensive brands!!, 30 Nov 2013
K. Smith "BOOK GEEK" (BRISTOL.UK) - See all my reviews
I normally buy only skins a200/a400 compression tights as they have been spot on , I run approx. 16-20 miles a week and now the cold weather is kicking in time for the tights to come back out.
I tried these sub sports today and they were just as good as my branded tights , nice compression , nice feel and no rubbing etc,
not sure how they will last but 1st impressions highly recommend .

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT PRODUCT GREAT PRICE, 25 Nov 2013
I have used two other more expensive brands and these compare very favourably. The material is smooth and does not chafe. The stitching is excellent. They are a little tighter than the other two brands but this gives better compression. My only complaint is the compression at the back of the knees which is slightly rough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great compression at a greater price, 2 Oct 2012
R. Jenkins (Berks, UK) - See all my reviews
I've used a few compression products before from other makes like 2XU and Compression and these tights easily sits besides them when it comes to quality fit and function...but at a highly reduced price in comparison.

If you've used compression wear before then you'll know what to look for, if you haven't then use the size chart provided, which was spot on for me, and expect them to be tight...that's the whole idea! After a while you'll nearly forget it's there, you'll just have this reassuring feeling that it's working away.

The tights have a nice length for activity and high waist area which is great for all sports and recovery, and the mesh is just in the right spots. Reflective lettering is also I great feature especially when running and cycling.

If you're not sure about compression, or you're just after a great well priced product don't hesitate to buy any of the range.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 28 Sep 2012
Ordered, along with the short sleeved compression, top at 7.30 on a wednesday morning and were waiting for me when I got home thursday afternoon :) I am 6ft 2 and approx 32-34inch waist with an athletic build, ordered size small and they fit perfect in length,waist and compression. Ordered size small in the compression tops and they fit perfect too. (although if you prefer a slightly less toght fit then go for medium) Fabric feels good quality and is comfortable, very warm aswell

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 1 Mar 2014
Use this for my MMA classes great comfort. You dont overheat, and the material at the back of knees are very comfortable. Minor gripe is that i wish they had a drawstring just in case.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with these., 20 Jan 2014
J. Batterbee (UK) - See all my reviews
They really do help your legs recover. Plan to use them skiing next month. I'll be getting another pair shortly.

I can;t image the rival products being much better. Description and sizing info were spot on.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›