5.0 out of 5 stars His best album., 27 Feb 2013
P. Wilkinson "cleanersvenus" (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Off Centre (Audio CD)
I totally love Gilbert O'Sullivan's Off Centre album. I didn't click with it initially but I play it regularly now and every time I do I like it even more. It's an astonishingly good album. Every single moment of the album is entertaining and attention grabbing, beautifully written, arranged and recorded. I think it's his best album. At least the best I've heard so far (more re-releases are imminent). It's not without his trademark humour but doesn't bash you over the head with it and it's not dominated by his rhythmic piano style. Every song is different. It's as absorbing as a good read. It sort of feels like a whole show. When you listen to it you want to listen to the whole thing even though it's not a concept album or anything. It was produced by Gus Dudgeon who produced all the early Elton John classics and XTC's excellent Nonsuch album. Structurally Nonsuch by XTC is the album I'd most closely compare it to even though it's probably nothing like it if that makes sense.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Album, 9 Nov 2013
D. Leech (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Off Centre (Audio CD)
I aways liked this album but until now could not purchase it. I was not dissapointed and it brought back a lot of memories.

5.0 out of 5 stars A GREAT SINGER, 24 Dec 2012
Enrique Bernabe Platero "SUPEROFITO" (HUELVA,, SPAIN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Off Centre (Audio CD)
I HAD GOT THE LP's BUT I LOVE TO HAVE GOT CLEAR & WITHOUT NOISE. GILBERT IS A VERY GOOD SINGER...

Off Centre
Off Centre by Gilbert O'Sullivan (Audio CD - 2012)