5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product
I had doubts when I bought this product as to its ability to produce a wi-Fi connect for a desktop computer. But my doubts were soon dismissed as soon as I had it up and running. No complaints whatsoever about the setup or performance.
Would recomend it without doubt
Published 19 months ago by A. Collins

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite up to the job
Published 14 months ago by Michael Smith

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Wifi Adapter for 10, 30 Jan 2014
This review is from: TP-Link TL-WN823N 300Mbps Mini Wireless N USB Adapter (Personal Computers)
After reviewing many Wifi adapters, the given was to avoid nano adapters as they couldn't handle long hours of surfing/HD streaming, the larger better range adapters were simply ugly and inconvenient to place. I went for the mini because it had 300Mbps which was a prerequisite for me plus it has small and sleek look. I am thoroughly happy with the adapter it performs very well at a long distance and doesn't have a drop in connection, I would recommend this item.

Why 4 stars and not 5? Well, another reviewer mentioned that it gets hot and that leads to a slow down in speed. This did happen to me, but only once, and since then I have connected it to a USB extension where it happily sits on my desk rather than glued to the back of my PC. The installation CD that came with it is rubbish, don't bother installing it simply use the CD as a coaster for your tea. Instead download the very latest drivers from the TP-Link website and away you go! A nice working WiFi adapter for 10!

I hope that helps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 2 Dec 2012
A. Collins "ALANJ" (Sussex, UK) - See all my reviews
Would recomend it without doubt

4.0 out of 5 stars Boosted!, 5 Jan 2013
Well this little USB b/g/n adapter certainly done the business in speeding up my four year old laptop WiFi connection.
Simple to install and also works with Linux Mint KDE as well as Windows 7..nice and compact too!

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Adapter, 26 April 2012
KM "Ken" (Dorset, England) - See all my reviews
An excellent adapter, I have three - one for each computer. It does exactly what it should and at a very good price. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality wifi, 4 Feb 2014
I bought it to connect to my home hub from my shed in the garden.
It connects with 2 bars on the signal scale with ubuntu, this is 200 yards away and through a solid brick wall.
Simple and easy to install

1.0 out of 5 stars Stopped working after 6 weeks!, 31 July 2013
This worked like a dream when I first installed it but after about 6 weeks it stopped working. At first the signal kept cutting out but now it won't connect at all. I don't get why it worked in the beginning but not now! Have tried reinstalling but this has not worked. Wouldn't recommend and have found the whole thing very frustrating!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite up to the job, 9 May 2013
Michael Smith - See all my reviews
Fast delivery from Amazon as usual. I installed this on my sons pc and it worked no problem when pc was close to the wireless router downstairs,but when i set the pc up in his bedroom it lost connection intermitantly and internet was very slow. I think it would be good in the right circumstances but for me its not quite up to the job.However, i did'nt loose faith and returned this and ordered another TP-Link adaptor which was the TP-LINK TL-WN821NC 300Mbps Wireless N USB Adapter also from Amazon and it is just on another level, it works fantastic.Very pleased

5.0 out of 5 stars It's good!, 28 April 2011
Mr. Warren Gill (Guildford, Surrey United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Got this to go with the TP-Link TD-W8961N router and it works perfectly.

A quick read through the instructions, just to see if I needed to install software first or afterwards, in my case I didn't need any, I just plugged it into a USB port, (it is supplied with a USB extension lead if you should need it!)
My Windows 7 x64 found it immediately and with a press of the QSS (Quick Secure Setup as TP-Link like to call it) on both the router & dongle and it was job done.

I now have the option of using my Ethernet connection or a nice secure fast wireless connection; And for those who want to know this Windows sees this as the Atheros AR7015 Wireless Network Adaptor & you can find an updated driver for it on the TP-Link website if your computer doesn't have it, just make sure that you download it before tinkering with your internet connection, so you don't inadvertently leave yourself disconnected.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 16 Nov 2010
The wireless adaptor came before the actual delivery date which was good, it works fine with my desktop and it even comes with an A to B usb lead which means that you can place it somewhere else if you dont have good signal in the area that you are. The only setback of this product is that it is in what looks like to be German, however I installed the drivers with no hassle as it isn't hard at all, just put the disc in that you get and look for your product and click the first option from the drop down menu, thenhit the okay buttons as in a usual install on your computer or laptop and you will be fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Back on-online!, 31 Jan 2013
I upgraded my Vista PC to Windows 8 only to find that my old Belkin G adapter wasn't compatible. The search was on for a new adapter and although view descriptions currently include 'compatible with Windows 8' I took heart from other user comments and purchased the WN823N. Plugged it in and it worked straight away. No hunting for drivers or installing in compatibility mode.