on 19 August 2012
This book is straight forward and written using down to earth words not long unpronounceable ones. After reading other books this is by far the best. As a serving soldier I found this book amusing as well and greatly detailed. With the army style instruction and links to video on the website any man will find what he needs. If I was to sum this book up in one word it's MEGA.
on 8 September 2013
A straight forward read which strips right through the superfluous info found in most other daddy manuals. Loved the organisation, concise descriptions with checklist supports. Easy to absorb when under the 6 month countdown. Strongly recommended and great present for Friday-night-wingmen friends on the path to fatherhood.
on 7 June 2013
Bought as a gift for my friend who's baby is due any time now, I have heard great things about this book and my friend advises it simplifies the tasks a dad will need to take when looking after his mobile trooper!
on 8 June 2013
FIRSTLY - DADS, MUMS this is a brilliant book - just buy it, but if you don't want to go off this short sentence read below. However, one brilliant message throughout Mums & Dads are equals and work the very best together.

I've been reading through this book and its so simple with short and too the point chapters its been brilliant to read on the Kindle as I've managed to go through highlight chapters, make notes etc.

Whilst the author covers the pregnancy part, I'd read that in another book, this book was all about the baby being here and Neil makes reference to common sense throughout, but with really useful tips like spare clothes packs in the car, changing bag, spare changing bag. First aid kits for all occassions etc. It's his approach on using the world around opposed to electronic gadgets that make him stand out.

If you ever wondered why we think our armed forces are the best, its soldiers like Neil that show you their training is transferable. More importantly, you're pointed towards his website for more advice, I for one really enjoyed it and feel better prepared.

Recruit Dad - reporting for duty at the end of June.
on 18 July 2013
Very easy to follow, useful information with out all the usual dull details. Every time a friend has a children the first thing i do is buy this book and send it to them
on 21 January 2013
Haven't put this down since it arrived! As a a first time dad (our baby trooper due May 2013) seen this book advertised and I'm so glad I bought it, as its now my "bible" and the wife loves it! I would recommend this book to any day's out there & have bought a couple more for mates and work colleagues.
on 8 January 2014
I found this book for my husband, and though it might be a lighthearted approach to early babycare. He has since read it from cover to cover (having struggled to get interested in any other babycare books), and has found it full of great tips and advice. Would definitely recommend to other couples!
on 5 June 2013
Brilliant tips for a father-to-be.

There is also a commando dad forum for us dads to use afterwards.

Efficient and to the point.
on 14 January 2013
this book is clear concise and to the point and packed full of common sense and practical advice, a great starting point for any new parent
on 25 October 2014
There never used to be a good guide book for new Dads; now there is. Well written, amusing and succinct, it's perfect for the busy Dad to be. All the gen without any of the fluff. Bravo Mr. Sinclair, I salute you (whilst holding a child correctly). Furthermore, men never discuss this stuff in any great detail, and we never ask either. Problem solved.