Colour: One Colour|Change

on 14 January 2011
These days people suffer from so much stress, they just get 'tied up in knots'! Work, exams, relationships, financial problems.....then the whole wellness industry was created to deal with it. We can have massage, or go to the sauna, or work out or exercise, take holidays in exotic places....

Well, another way to work out the knots is just to have fun, to play, to laugh and TWISTER is a great way to do this. Get knotted on purpose and with the people you enjoy! I got my first TWISTER game when they had just come out back in the 60's in the USA. I was a teenager then and the game went with me to lots of parties. But not only to teenager parties; it was also fun to play with my little siblings, and even with the aunts and uncles and parents on Sunday gatherings.

Later on, it became a family favourite in my own family and now I've just bought a new one. It's my 59th birthday on Sunday and I want to play it with the big extended family at my birthday party. I think it will be a big hit with the grandchildren.

Educational value? It's always an educational experience for kids these days to play games that don't make funny noises or use batteries or have some computer elements to them, that just use their bodies and playfulness. But no, it's not that educational, it's just jolly good fun.

I highly recommend this game for its sheer simplicity, for its retro-appeal, for the chance it gives you to laugh till you cry, for the pleasure it gives the more agile children who are better (for once!) in a board game than the grownups. It hasn't died out yet. The proof of the game must be in the playing of it. Try it!
on 3 January 2013
I wanted to get my nieces and nephews twister cos I remember it being so much fun as a kid. I was extremely disappointed that the spinner is no longer solid like it was its now just a plastic arm that keeps falling off a flimsy piece of cardboard that was already bent out of shape so it won't spin properly anyway!
A shame cos the game is still fun but the poor quality of this piece made it not as fun cos it kept breaking, but I suppose everything's made on the cheap now isn't it?
on 3 December 2012
Good value and arrived promptly. My daughter has been asking for this for years so looking forward to playing Christmas Day!
on 25 October 2012
we ordered this after playing it at a friends house, and it is much fun. For adults and children together. Always alot of laughter!
on 27 November 2015
Excellent price
Excellent delivery
Exellent quality.....

Unfortunately, this now means the nephews are sorted for Christmas. Twister is hard enough without trying to do it with a full tummy of turkey ha!

EGBW
x
on 14 February 2016
This was a complete waste of money. It ended up in the bin 30 mins after using it for the first time. It became obvious upon opening the box that the plastic sheet (yes this is a sheet not a mat.) was of poor quality and was not designed to have children let alone adults twist their bodies over it. It is simply impossible to play this game as it was intended to as the sheet ends up twisting and crumpling under the players' feet. Exaltation soon gives way to frustration. I wish I had given the money to a charity instead.
on 19 April 2015
This game ripped within 5 minutes of use. It seems to be a lot thinner than the original and smaller too. I would not recommend as poor quality. Easily ripped and easily stretched.
on 4 June 2011
Good value fun wise, but quite expensive for a plastic mat and dial! You would be better paying a fraction of the cost and buying a good condition second hand one.
on 23 January 2016
Very disappointed as there was a piece missing! Too much hassle to send it back so had to improvise. Our 5 year old granddaughter was not happy. It was one of her Xmas presents!
on 7 January 2014
An amazing game to play, also a great family game. The only thing that concerns me is the mat, it is made cheaply as it moves when someone stands on it. But a great game to play