5.0 out of 5 stars Great views for the money
Published on 18 Feb. 2013 by Paul

3.0 out of 5 stars Well made eyepiece but might not suit all.
Published 24 months ago by neilb

5.0 out of 5 stars Great views for the money, 18 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Orbinar Plossl 4mm eyepiece 31.7mm (1.25") (Electronics)
Got my 4mm plossl today - it arrived on the date it was supposed to - and blessed with clear skies, popped it in my telescope and was greeted with wonderful crisp views of the moon and Jupiter. This EP is so much better than the eyepieces that came with my skywatcher. I'll now be upgrading all my eyepieces over the next couple of months and you can't argue with the price, especially with such an improvement in the view.

5.0 out of 5 stars Orbinar 4mm eyepiece, 20 July 2012
This review is from: Orbinar Plossl 4mm eyepiece 31.7mm (1.25") (Electronics)
What a bargin this is, it`s a really solid well made eyepiece at a fraction of the price of others on the market. I must admit I was a little sceptical when i ordered this because it was so cheap but as soon as my first one arrived ( 40mm Orbinar eyepiece ) I ordered a 20mm,25mm,15mm and a 30mm. I have only managed to use it for a few moments so far since i had it, the weather has`nt been too kind so far this summer, but i can say that moon looked fantastic, nice sharp image. I can`t wait to use the 4mm on the planets and the 40mm on some deep space objects.Well worth every penny at this price and with free delivery for this quality i have to give all of them 9/10 great stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great eyepiece for the price, 13 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Orbinar Plossl 4mm eyepiece 31.7mm (1.25") (Electronics)
I ordered this to replace the Astro Optics 4mm eyepiece that came with my Celestron FirstScope. This eyepiece is much better quality. Color correction is much better. No rainbow effect. The rubber eyecup is nice too. I could see Jupiter and the 4 moons fairly well. Not sure if I could see the bands or not. The mirror started to fog up by the time I found Jupiter. Also, there was lots of light pollution. With the 300mm focal length 76mm diameter mirror and this 4mm eyepiece, I get 75x magnification. I also ordered the 6.5mm Orbinar Plossl. The 6.5mm eyepiece has better eye relief and the image is brighter. Both of these are great Plossls for the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money!, 15 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Orbinar Plossl 4mm eyepiece 31.7mm (1.25") (Electronics)
i ordered this eyepiece to see the planets in more detail (if i get clear enough skies, fingers crossed!). It arrived in half the time that was stated and was well packaged with bubble wrap and its protective case. It appears as good quality as some eyepieces that cost twice as much and it seems to perform just as well, although i have not yet had the chance to use it on a very clear night. Really much looking forward to using it in the north of Scotland this summer, definitely recommended if you want a closer look at the night sky.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality, 7 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Orbinar Plossl 4mm eyepiece 31.7mm (1.25") (Electronics)
I bought this eyepiece to extend the magnification of my eyepiece to 250x, and was pleased with the results when it arrived on time. The image is reasonably clear (though I find it senstitve to focusing) and it is comfortable to view from. However, I'm not sure if this is the telescope's limits, but the image was much darker than through my 9mm eyepiece, but that appears ot be the only problem.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Eye Piece, 26 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Orbinar Plossl 4mm eyepiece 31.7mm (1.25") (Electronics)
Having ready the reviews I decided to buy this 4mm eyepiece, and I am very pleased to have done so, no need to pay for over priced big brand names when you can buy these

3.0 out of 5 stars Well made eyepiece but might not suit all., 27 April 2013
This review is from: Orbinar Plossl 4mm eyepiece 31.7mm (1.25") (Electronics)
This is a well made product, received in good order within 2-3 days of ordering. It does appear to work very well, though I give it only 3 stars as the viewing lens that you put your eye up against is very narrow (about 4mm diameter!). I tend to get some funny optical effects as a result of this, though I admit to having had cataract ops which might interfere slightly though my vision is normally good. All in all, for me it is difficult to observe with ease using this eyepiece. Younger eyes may find it less of a problem, and the price is so reasonable it's worth trying. in summary, nothing wrong with the quality of manufacture or delivery, but a cautious rating as it might not suit everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars great value eyepiece, 12 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Orbinar Plossl 4mm eyepiece 31.7mm (1.25") (Electronics)
I bought the Orbinar 4mm eyepiece 31.7mm(1.25") from Seben, to use in a small telescope i bought. The eyepieces that came with it were cheap and useless and so i looked on Amazon and found these Plossl eyepieces from Seben. they made the views from my scope 100% better. I was so pleased with my purchase that i ordered a 2 x Barlow lense and the 15 and 10mm plossl eyepieces as well. The difference in quality from the cheap ones that came with the scope and these Orbinar ones from Seben is excellent. They are well made and have turned my cheap little scope into a useful viewing instrument. I recomend them very highly. I will be ordering two more shortly the 20mm and the 6mm ones.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good eyepice, 26 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Orbinar Plossl 4mm eyepiece 31.7mm (1.25") (Electronics)
I have just received this eyepiece,along with the 30mm and 15mm On first inspection it seems to be of a good quality. It has a good weight and feel to it and looks well made. I have only tested briefly because as usual in the UK we dont get many clear nights. Looking at the moon and Jupiter it gave a good level of detail and was comfortable to use, better than the ones supplied with my telescope. Will test out fully when the skies clear but so far very happy with purchase. I am just starting to get involved in astronomy so this is a good, affordable way of upgrading the eyepieces which were supplied with my scope without spending too much money. Good value, would buy again.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK if you don't require any eye relief, 8 July 2013
This review is from: Orbinar Plossl 4mm eyepiece 31.7mm (1.25") (Electronics)
The optics are good but there is very little eye relief. 2.7mm, so impossible if you wear glasses. Im OK with it though

Orbinar Plossl 4mm eyepiece 31.7mm (1.25")
Used & New from: £12.99