5.0 out of 5 stars hassle free delivery

1.0 out of 5 stars After 2 years wood has rotted to a pulp
Published 13 months ago by Gary p

1.0 out of 5 stars After 2 years wood has rotted to a pulp, 30 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Garden Patio Companion Set
At first I loved this item,it looked great,was easy to build..2 years on its ready for the bin...the wood has rotted ( despite weather treatment )..the left seat collapsed in and the wood has turned to a pulp like state,obviously we had some very wet weather this year but i have other chair/tables in wood that have lasted for many more years...clearly the wood this item is made of is pretty poor quality.

3.0 out of 5 stars Quite attractive but flaws, 3 April 2014
This review is from: Garden Patio Companion Set
Delivered ahead of time and reasonably easy to construct. After a couple of days outside, it became noticeable that there were a number of small cracks in the wood. One crack in particular, on one of the arm surfaces, began to splinter. Rather than the hassle of sending it back, I used sandpaper, then applied wood filler and a couple of coats of teak oil.
Seems ok now, but probably means that it will need a lot of future maintenance.
Having said all that, it seems comfortable and looks quite attractive.

5.0 out of 5 stars hassle free delivery, 4 July 2014
This review is from: Garden Patio Companion Set
This is great quality for the price, much more solid than I expected it to be. I managed to assemble it on my own but it would be easier with another person to hold things in position as it is quite heavy. I applied some Danish oil before putting it together, as recommended by another reviewer, and will apply it again at the end of the summer. I hope this and the use of a cover will keep it looking good. It was despatched the day I ordered it and delivered the next day. The seller was brilliant in keeping me informed regarding delivery, I could track delivery on the day and it arrived on time. So nice not to be stressed out waiting for a delivery.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice but pack it away in winter, 7 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Garden Patio Companion Set
I purchased this seat for a very good price - similar seats elsewhere are much more expensive. On the whole I am happy with it although the wood has split slightly on the table. It has been packed away for winter because I don't think it can withstand extremes of temperature. But the seats are nice and large and I think it's good value so it's worth a punt.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good strong piece of furniture, 10 May 2014
This review is from: Garden Patio Companion Set
This product will be good for people who have mobility problems ie raising and lowering onto seats. It is firm and comfortable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal, 11 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Garden Patio Companion Set
Very easy too assemble. Nice solid structure, The wood seems too be treated well so hopefully this will last many years

5.0 out of 5 stars relaxing, 26 May 2014
This review is from: Garden Patio Companion Set
I am very impressed with this seat, it is very comfortable and relaxing to use. excellent piece of furniture. I would recommend to everyone

5.0 out of 5 stars garden chairs, 4 July 2012
This review is from: Garden Patio Companion Set
Love my garden chairs, when the weather is good in scotland i have got them out, top quality chairs. pay more, get better qaulity of wood and looks better as well... you only get what you pay for.... easy to put together, no problems.....

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken to begin with, possibly factory seconds!!, 18 April 2015
This review is from: Garden Patio Companion Set
Wish I never bothered, wood snapped in two on parts, asked for full item to be replaced, and was advised they would send me a part rather than replacement, still awaiting this part, and box taking up room in the house while I wait. Will add to review once item is fully assembled and all complete, but really think they need to check stock before sending, as looking at reviews lots at these are broken sets. Which makes me think these sound like broken seconds, but selling at full price!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant. Highly recommended, 24 April 2015
This review is from: Garden Patio Companion Set
Considering this is cheap and I'm a girlie and not very diy inspired. I put this together in 45 minutes. On my own. Tell you what. It's fab. Going to order another one. It's quite comfy but my backside does go numb after an hour so debating buying a cushion for it. But all in all it's brilliant value. Easy to put together even for a girlie with all the diy skill of a blind mute chimp.

Garden Patio Companion Set