Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.49

on 3 January 2009
How important is this book? Well it changed my view of the world and how I react to it. It clearly showed me that my anger and frustrations were of no harm to anybody but me. Well they may have had nagative affects on other people but the main loser was myself. It's not easy to change yourself but the first step is recognise that there is another better way. I'm now a better happier person and if that is not worth the price of this book I don't know what is.
on 24 July 2000
This book really made me think about the way I was living my life. You really have to read the book for yourself to see what I mean. The authors style of writing is light hearted and easy to understand whilst still being informative and thought provoking. A small book but an excellent read, I'm certainly going to buy more of his work, Top man
on 23 July 2001
This book is great, mixing in new philosophies with my existing beliefs and ideology it manages to reinforce deep down personal assesment and self understanding. I recommend this book to anyone that needs a new mind, read it and you'll soon realise what life can be about and what stance you should take towards emotions.
on 25 January 2014
I ordered this from Amazon on Monday the 13th January 2014, it was shipped Tuesday and arrived at 10:20 am on Wednesday morning thanks to APLE (Amazon's own delivery service) with a couple of other items. So I'm very happy about that.

I was surprised and almost disappointed at first when I saw just how tiny this book is (palm-sized) but when I began to read it I was thoroughly impressed. For a price lower than the £4.99 RRP I was quite impressed. The book is taken from an extract of another book by the Dalai Lama and is basically his own personal thoughts and views on life. I find it to be a very comforting little book that could be visited again and again. It gently brushes over each topic which is carefully marked in the book and is written in a friendly and relaxing manner.

In no way is this a storybook, it's not really a biography as it is a book on opinions and thoughts. There is a good bit of wisdom in it and I find it very helpful and thought provoking.

I won't say any more because it will give it away but this book would make a nice little companion to any book collection, for anyone curious about the Buddhist beliefs or anyone just wanting a little insight into a more peaceful way of life.
on 13 June 2013
Whether you are a Buddhist or not, this book has something for everyone. His Holiness has a wonderful way of getting straight to the heart of
everyday problems with humour and compassion. Highly recommended reading for all.
on 13 February 2015
Book helps to remind us on how to connect to our inert positive human nature. In these busy times how different the world would be if more of us found 10minutes to read and meditate on the wisdom when required. Will be a constant companion to help nurture the essence of being alive.
on 6 March 2009
A liitle gem! Small enough to carry around and remind oneself how to keep calm!
on 14 January 2013
Enjoyed this book but preferred The Art of Happiness I felt it made his ideas clearer but anything by the Dalai Lama is inspirational
on 22 July 2015
Got a d/l version for Kindle because the tree books I buy of this keep relocating themselves to my friends' houses as comfort reading. Is this the book version of reincarnation? Formatted fairly well, but with weird page breaks as you get further into the book. Good index. Try going to page/location number choice and putting in a random number for a daily thing to think about.
on 15 March 2012
This is one of my most favourite books of all time, and one i would never part with. Its contents make up a large part of my worldview, and being a man who has understood and uncovered the greatness of National Socialism (the real one, not the media's version of it), i found that the Dalai Lama's worldview very much encapsulates much of the true National Socialist meaning and vice versa. Just take my word for it.

This book would make a great present for just about anyone.
44 comments|3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse