5.0 out of 5 stars 4 stones, 4 months

3.0 out of 5 stars ok kick start
Published on 9 Aug. 2007 by Hard Yakka

5.0 out of 5 stars 4 stones, 4 months, 18 July 2006
Jinjans (South Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
From reading this book in May and adopting most of the principles within it I have gone on to lose 4 stone in as many months and feel better than i have in years. The book is very informative yet easy to read and something about the way it is written makes you want to take heed and actually cut out many foods from your diet (something I never thought I could do!!). I have never written a review before but for this I had to make an exception, this many people can't be wrong!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another one of the converted., 24 Jan. 2008
This book is a lifechanger. I am a 52 year old male who has been on a diet for the majority of those years. I have lost 5 stone three times and other large amounts along the way. And every time I've put it back on and more besides.I've reached goals at WeieghtWatchers, Slimming World (I was Suffolks only Male consultant there)and other slimming clubs. I read Jason's Vale book on the 27th of December (yes in a day)and i'm cured of ever being on a diet again. I will never weigh again. I will never drink diet drinks tea or coffee again. I will not eat cakes, chocolate, or the foods I now know to be damaging. In what amounts to a month (in which I have juiced every day and eaten well) I feel a whole lot better and am sleeping nights (I used to get up to eat) I have so much more energy and my trousers are falling down. If you are thinking about buying this book you would be a fool not to. This book is a godsend. Thank you Jason Vale. If anybody buys this book on my reccomendation and reads it from start to finish I will be a happy man because I too will have made a difference. It works!

3.0 out of 5 stars ok kick start, 9 Aug. 2007
Not a bad down to earth eye opener, some v.good juice recipes included, hits the spot to get you into the whole new lifestyle and juiced up, if you do start juicing, one bit of advice, if you are serious use a machine that presses the fruit/vegetables (auger type) as you get a far superior juice and better yield and the juice is amazing and less aerated, you also use less fruit/vegetables, expensive initially however saves you money in the long run. If you are only going to `dabble' buy a cheap centrifugal machine initially. Hope this helps. In summary, good book lots of others available but Mr Vale does have a way with words read it and you will understand where I'm coming from. Overall `all' his books are recommended reads

5.0 out of 5 stars Get Juicin', 20 Aug. 2011
What a good, clear, down-to-earth book! This was recommended to me by Andy Shaw of 'How to create a bug-free mind'. Both books have a no-nonense style of writing of getting across information and I just love it!
It is a book all about how diets don't work. Something I have known for a long time, having started when I was 14years of age, continuing for many years and then giving up around the age of 38 being heavier than I started. I had tried juicing once before, but was put off by the fiddly-ness of the machine I had and cleaning the thing being a nightmare. I did think that the amount of juice Jason suggests per day excessive, and I still have to work up to his amounts, but I cannot believe the amount of carrots I am now getting through per week! And his Crapple Juice is sooo good. Experimenting is what is needed, but I warn you it is like learning a new way of cooking. Some foods raw and juiced have a very different taste to when they are cooked and with other foods. The green ones are an acquired taste so go carefully at first with these. Having a juicing machine that is easy to take apart and clean is half the battle. Jason does talk about the 'blah, blah, blah' surrounding other diets - which you remember, DON'T work - and also that you need to get to the end of his book. But there is a lot to get through and although I take his point about repetition being needed, there was a tad too much for me. If he had cut down his own blah, blah, blah a little there would have been room for a few more recipe suggestions. Nevertheless reading this book and acting on it will change your life and maybe should have been called 'Juicers of the World Unite'! Brilliant book, loved it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring and an eye opener, 18 May 2007
I bought this book after meeting Jason on a holiday. Usually cynical, I was inspired by his passion and energy to get the book and see what it was all about. After all, I've met this guy and all the stuff he says about himself is true!

Unfortunately, work and life pressures kicked in when I got home and so apart from flicking through a couple of pages it sat on my bookshelf being ignored for the next couple of years. In the meantime, I kept meaning to do something about my eating habits as I was constantly tired and lacking energy.

Eventually I remembered the book and started to read it properly and really wish I had done so all those years ago. Yes we know that certain foods are "bad" and certain foods are "good" but Jason explains why and it all starts to make perfect sense. I have not finished it yet but have already started thinking before I eat. Jason says not to try to change your eating habits until you've finished but you can't help it - once you know what some of these foods do to you they just don't appeal any more! I can't wait to finish the book and start my new life properly!

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, 19 Dec. 2005
By A Customer
I agree with the positive comments here, and understand the negative ones. If you are looking for a concise guide to healthy eating this is not it, you know that stuff already anyway, sugar/salt bad, fruit and veg good. This book takes that info and allows you to change your mindset towards food. I have followed the principles but like others not juiced food yet and have lost some weight in a sustainable way and I can still eat anything I want.

5.0 out of 5 stars You know it but ...., 22 Mar. 2013
In some ways this is not telling you anything new ... except that it REALLY is!

As well as WHY we shouldn't eat certain things (we all know) this tells you HOW it is that you knew that and yet have totally failed to give them up before for any length of time! For yoyo dieters everywhere this is an amazing book. You don't need to juice (I do, but I love it, so tasty and sweet) to get the benefits so don't let that put you off. I don't have any urge to eat junk at all (and I'd have ripped your head off for pizza, wine and chocolate not so long ago) and I love it!

So far, it's only been a few weeks and I've lost half a stone (ish, it's less relevant now somehow, more about the health) but more importantly, I'm not fretting about what I can and can't eat. In addition, my energy levels are right up, my asthma has improved and my permanently runny nose no longer runs - I only realised when I sussed I haven't bought tissues in a month.

I've tried Paul McKenna, Weight Watchers, Slimming World, calorie counting and slim fast. And probably some others too. I fully expect that in a year I'll be back to tell you I've hit my target weight.

Get it, you have nothing to lose but some ill-health and a few pounds!

5.0 out of 5 stars A refreshing change, 9 Nov. 2009
M. Adcock "M Adcock" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
I've read a few Jason Vale books now and they make a refreshing change from the usual diet stuff. He talks a lot of common sense and gives a good explanation of why obesity is such a problem these days. One or two of his theories can be a bit dubious, but they wouldn't do anyone any harm - in fact they'd all do us a lot of good. I recommend reading this one more than once - his books tend to slowly sink into the brain - you might not think they are helping in the short term, but after a while you find your attitudes are changing. A very interesting read.

5.0 out of 5 stars It will change your perspective forever, 19 April 2011
He writes that you have to have an open mind. I believe anyone who reads anything with a view to change has to have open mind. But this will certainly challenge you to think completely outside of what you already know, believe and regrettably, trust. This is a fantastic book and it changed my life completely. I've changed my entire lifestyle because of it and I am experiencing first hand the effects of good, clean and nutritionally sound living. I really recommend this book, followed by 7lbs in 7 days and Turbo Charge your life in 14 days.

5.0 out of 5 stars A whole new way to look at food, 18 Aug. 2005
J. Bramwell "anjenla" (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Since reading this book 12 months ago I have lost 5 stone, my skin and hair looks amazing and I am full of energy!
This book is truely life changing. It's not the sort of 'Same old...' diet book which tells you to weigh out 3 ounces of cottage cheese every day, it actually changes the way you think about food and explains why you're hooked on certain foods (and un-brainwashes you too!). I started by reading another of Jason's books- Chocolate busters- as I used to eat waaaay too much chocolate. Now it's been 15 month since I've had any and I've not missed it for a second! I'd reccommend these books for absolutely everyone, fat or thin (my slim boyfriend has read slim 4 life and it's changed his views on food too!)