5.0 out of 5 stars Dictionary.
Came on time via kindle and as expected. handy becaue I can reach into it in the morning when in bed to look something up.
Also of course marvellous on hols in Italy.
Published 20 months ago by Toffee

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor dictionary on the Kindle
You would expect a Kindle dictionary to produce a list of words as soon as you start typing into the Find box. Not with this effort. You are left relying on the painfully slow Kindle Find Function.
The words which it does contain (12,000) are given only one or (rarely) two word translation with no examples of usage.

It earns its 3 stars because 1. it does...
Published on 3 July 2012 by E. WOOLSTON

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor dictionary on the Kindle, 3 July 2012
E. WOOLSTON (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: English-Italian Dictionary, Italiano-Inglese Dizionario (Over 12,000 Translations! Learn How to Speak Italian Language Tools Book 27) (Kindle Edition)

It earns its 3 stars because 1. it does give you the gender of nouns and the transitivity of verbs and 2. when you do use Find, you can look up Italian words as well as English words so you don't need to buy a second dictionary to let you translate in the other direction. 3. The words it translates appear accurate.

Although you can choose this as your primary dictionary it will be superceded if you have any another Italian dictionary on your Kindle. All in all, I wouldn't bother buying this unless you really are down to your last 77p

3.0 out of 5 stars It does the job, 9 Oct 2013
The dictionary is very handy but somehow short in words. I would have preferred it to be more expansive altoghether

1.0 out of 5 stars It's not a proper dictionary, 14 Jan 2013
I am very sorry to have purchased this. It is more like a "phrase book" than a dictionary.
For example, I tried unsuccessfully to find the Italian for "goose" - I could give many more!

1.0 out of 5 stars More a holiday word list than a dictionary, 16 Dec 2012
This dictionary is very elementary. I bought it to look up words I did not know. Though I am no great linguist I seemed to know more words than the dictionary! I looked up simple words found in good quality popular magazines but could not find them. Example words are: Bonta (goodness, courtesy) and, translating into Italian, String. Where a word is listed only one meaning is given; as words often have different senses this could result in misleading translations. I expected something more serious from a team claiming association with Oxford.

2.0 out of 5 stars compact latin dictionary, 20 Nov 2012
This dictionary is so commpact that a lot of the words I tried looking up are not in it! Still looking for a good Italian dictionary on Kindle.

1.0 out of 5 stars Maybe we just didn't look for the right words..., 21 April 2014
We ended up playing a game 'Let's see if we can look up a word that's actually in this book'. We didn't find many. We found 'yellow' but just about none of what we needed was in there. I guess we just needed the wrong vocabulary. We were only on holiday though, not pitching for a contract in mining or engineering so we really didn't want anything very specialist!

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor, 17 Mar 2014
Bought this kindle edition dictionary to translate menus whilst in Italy. Can't find custard or mussels - gave up after that and deleted book from device. Serves me right for choosing cheap option!

2.0 out of 5 stars English Italian Dictionary, 8 Feb 2014
Alan Reeve (UK) - See all my reviews
We did not find it easy to use. We would have been better getting a more conventional disctionary, rahter than one for our Kindles.

2.0 out of 5 stars translating dictionary, 23 Oct 2013
I downloaded this to my kindle as I had forgotten to take a dictionary with me to translate some words. This dictionary however had not got a lot of the words I needed to be translated and they were not unusual ones, I was very disappointed with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars The title says it all, 11 Oct 2013
R. G. Lamb "Hall Day" (Camberley UK) - See all my reviews
Theis dictionary is a good basic book but once one progresses you may need to invest in a larger tome.