5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant
For those of you old enough to remember the 70's, you will love it. A little bit of everything to keep you happy. The film and tv cd, is a welcome trip down memory lane. sorry for sounding old, but it brings back lots of happy memories.
Published on 21 Jun 2012 by R. Blackman

1.0 out of 5 stars OoPS a BIG MASTERING FAULT
Great album but......Anybody noticed the Showaddywaddy track "Under the moon of love is mastered at the wrong speed (excessively fast)> Do they never ear test music discs these days. Trying to find who is responsible for these compilations at EMI is almost immposible. This product should be withdrawn and new product issued, as I expect every copy will be the same. Very...
Published 23 months ago by miles more music man

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 21 Jun 2012
R. Blackman (West Yorks) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars I did grow up in the 70s and i love this cd!, 29 Jun 2012
This review is from: I Grew Up in the 70s (Audio CD)
If you're old enough to remember the 70's, you will absolutely love this! With bits of everything for your enjoyment. The film and tv comp is brilliant.
I have lots of 70s and 80s cds which are mainly disco music(which i absolutely adore) but this cd gives you everything. SUPERB!

5.0 out of 5 stars 'Please Sir! - I want some more!', 20 Sep 2013
This review is from: I Grew Up in the 70s (Audio CD)
Having already procured for myself a copy of pretty much every 80s CD compilation that has ever existed, I was faced with a rather bleak choice; I could finally consider myself cured of my addiction to buying music compilations of all shapes and sizes... or I could rush headlong into the welcoming embrace of a whole new decade's worth of material. And, since I myself date from late 1970, the decision as to which time-period would be the next one to witness my somewhat profligate spending seemed to be pretty much a foregone conclusion. The fact that this is a really well thought-out selection of music does not take away the shame I feel for having succumbed to yet another impulse-buying temptation. Oh, alright then - yes it does!

This particular collection of music had two things going for it, right from the start. First, I was able to get my hands on it almost immediately, thanks to that 'AutoRip' MP3 thing that is included. And, perhaps more important even than that, CD3 proudly boasts the theme tune to 'Please Sir!'. This is an absolutely explosive combination for any fan of Deryck Guyler, most especially one who has just opened his birthday presents to discover that someone has actually paid attention to one of his more subtle gift-buying hints DERYCK GUYLER 24x36 COLOR PHOTO POSTER PRINT. Well, naturally, finally taking possession of such a fine photo of Mr Guyler makes a man just want to play the theme tune to 'Please Sir!' loudly and proudly ad infinitum... No? Oh well, that must just be me then. The point is, it was all the excuse I really needed to send for this rather splendid compilation.

I am, by no means, any kind of Seventies music aficionado, but even I know the first two of these three discs contain some real classics of that period. 'Wuthering Heights' for instance, is a truly wonderful track. It would have been even more wonderful had it been allowed to reach its natural conclusion here though, rather then poor Kate Bush's epic masterpiece being faded down almost a minute before it really ought to have been.

I was intrigued to read the review which happened to mention the 'speeding up' of 'Under The Moon Of Love' and in fact made that my second musical stop (after giving 'Please Sir!' at least a dozen airings). I have to say, I probably wouldn't have really noticed anything wrong with the song at all if I hadn't felt obliged to then go looking for it on the internet in order to compare the two. To me, it just sounded like Showaddywaddy were in a bit of a party mood when they recorded the track that sits proudly on CD1, with maybe just the merest hint that they may have been passing a balloon full of helium around between them at the time. It's only when you hear the proper version alongside it that the version on this collection begins to sound more and more like something Ray Stevens and 'Bridget The Midget' might have sung backing vocals for.

CD3 is what sets this compilation apart from any of its 70s box-set brethren; these themes have been very well chosen to evoke all kinds of warm and fuzzy memories. With a couple of exceptions ('Suicide Is Painless' being perhaps the most obvious of them), this third disc contains some fabulously feel-good music. Once Deryck Guyler relinquishes his hold on me (do I even want him to, I ask myself? Hm... interesting), I shall be free to play the theme from 'Starsky and Hutch' while imagining I am leaping off a wall and landing on someone's car roof. Or, rather more likely, I'll be able to listen to the theme to 'Charlie's Angels' and ponder the riddle of how Farrah Fawcett ever got her hair to look like that...

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy days!, 6 Aug 2012
This review is from: I Grew Up in the 70s (Audio CD)
Although I am a product of the 70's it was my dad who saw this cd advertised and decided he would like it. His dutiful daughter went on amazon and placed his order which as usual arrived really quickly. He would be the first to say "not my thing" but no he seems really happy with this cd & spends his evenings listening to music, this cd now rates highly in his collection

5.0 out of 5 stars memories, 10 Feb 2013
This review is from: I Grew Up in the 70s (Audio CD)
this is wonderful for anyone like me who has a whole pile of vinyl, it is such a pain to play them but you love to hear them again, Well here is a chance, there is a good mix on a CD format of stuff that you have had tucked away for years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy the World a Coke, 27 Dec 2013
This review is from: I Grew Up in the 70s (MP3 Download)
I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing by The New Seekers for the Coca-Cola television commercial, well it's not the TV advert was called Buy the World a Coke and the track on here is a re-recorded by The New Seekers dropping the references to Coca-Cola

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab stuff!, 26 Dec 2013
This review is from: I Grew Up in the 70s (Audio CD)
I had this as a Christmas present from my daughter (yes it was on my list too), absolutely F-A-B-U-l-O-U-S. Love all 3 of the CDS especially the TV and Movie theme tunes, a real trip down memory lane to a much freer time (for me anyway!)

5.0 out of 5 stars my best music, 2 Jan 2013
This review is from: I Grew Up in the 70s (Audio CD)
i was brought up in the sixties and seventies, i believe this is the best music of all time,it brought back lovely memories,just as i remembered it.thanks very much dennis.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Grew up in the 70s, 11 July 2012
This review is from: I Grew Up in the 70s (MP3 Download)
I got the "I Grew Up In The 80's" version of this range so when l saw this one l had to get it,

The film and tv cd, is a welcome trip down memory lane,

well worth having,

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 July 2014
This review is from: I Grew Up in the 70s (Audio CD)
Arrived ok. As described. No problems.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›