5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute delight!
Published 3 months ago by Elaine Moncrieff

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible condition
Published 20 months ago by sarah fraser

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute delight!, 15 Feb. 2015
This review is from: TOKYO LED LIGHT HEADBOARD BROWN 4FT 6IN DOUBLE FAUX LEATHER OTTOMAN STORAGE BED w GAS LIFT BASE
I read a lot of reviews before purchasing this item; in general many of the reviews were positive but a few reviewers commented that some parts of it did not match up, was challenging to build and instructions were hard to read. I was very excited for the delivery as I currently live in a VERY small cottage and needed all the storage space I could get. A lot of reviewers said that their delivery came earlier than what the supplier had estimated; I did not think this was likely for me as I live in the Highlands and most next day services take two days, however, much to my surprise it arrived early! My boyfriend and I have put up quite a few DIY furnishings in the past, which has led to many arguments due to frustration and lack of understanding of the broken English instructions - we were both very worried that our new purchase was going to be tainted with the same fate. Much to our delight putting up the bed was a treat. The bed came with all the right bits and tools and did not require us to use any force or great strength and the instructions made sense to us. We've only had the bed a few days but it has transformed our cottage and the storage space we have gained from it is invaluable! Great quality for the money, a very sturdy bed! :) I am chuffed with my purchase and would recommend it to others!

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!, 23 Aug. 2012
This bed was perfect. Much cheaper than the shops and it looks a lot more expensive than it cost. The chocolate brown colour looks lovely with my red bedding.

You will need a good screw driver (preferrably an electric one) but I managed with a normal one although it did take a bit of time as I'm not that strong! My 7 yr old son helped me put together the gas lift as my husband is working away. This is more fiddly than anything else as you're trying to line it up. This didn't take that long. Apart from the gas lift I managed the rest myself. The slats were very easy to put together and it was a very nice surprise that they required no screws!

I was worried that it may not be that strong with it being quite cheap but this is a very sturdy bed, no creaks or wobbles like my old one.

I'm very happy with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars madrid double bed, 30 April 2013
the bed came a day earlier than stated which was great, easy to put up good quality strong bed, well worth the money.i would recommend it to anyone

5.0 out of 5 stars good, 18 Jun. 2013
very good 4 the price would recommend to anybody my kids love it they can put the toys under the bed

5.0 out of 5 stars NICE, 22 Jun. 2012
BED LOOKS GREAT IN BEDROOM, EASY TO OPEN,PLENTY OF STORAGE SPACE. EASY TO ASSEMBLE BUT NEED SECOND PERSON FOR FINAL FIX. SHOWS YOU ORGINAL PRICE 399£ ON WEB BUT ON PACKAGE IS ACTUALY 199£, STILL GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY. I'M GOING TO BUY ANOTHER ONE.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ottoman bed, 12 Jun. 2012
Very pleased with this purchase, easy to put up but needs two people. The bed is very sturdy and looks great for the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars I played the madrid bed lottery, 2 Aug. 2013
After reading most of the reviews on this bed I decided to take a chance and here is how it went.
1.The bed arrived 2 days after ordering
2. The 2 boxes the bed came in were labelled Valencia bed! but once i peeked inside i saw that all the components matched the bed advertised.
3. I live in a top floor flat, so i carried up the boxes one at a time and i did not think that they were really heavy, neither needed 2 people to carry.
4. Nothing was damaged.
5.Unlike the bed advertised I got a bed that had a headboard that was wider than the rest of the bed frame, ( an issue if like me you need a specific size due to wall space. (but with some weight and brute force....I made it fit ;-) .
6.It took me about 3 hours to but together on my own. I did so at a sedate pace due to hot weather.
7. All the parts were there, with some spare nuts and bolts.
8. I personally found putting this bed together was fairly straight forward, ( I am no DIY wizz, or engineer genius).
I slept on the bed last night and it was great, no squeaks or creaks , the bed is totally solid.
So in concluding my review I give the bed 4 stars, the only reason i give it 4 and not 5 stars are the slight design differences from the advertised bed , but for the money,....what I bargin!!!.....I PLAYED THE MADRID BED LOTTERY......AND WON!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible condition, 7 Oct. 2013
Having opened all packaging from battered boxes the head board lining on the back was torn ,I would have repacked and sent back but as the old bed was thrown out and the new bed is for my elderly mother , i should of know there was something wrong with the bed as the instruction booklet had been screwed up into a ball and then somebody had tried to flattern it out. So I continued to put the bed together on my own this was alittle fiddley. I have now constructed the bed and now trying to close it only to find out the arm mechanism does not work so can not put the bed down to place a mattress on it , so it's almost as if somebody had returned this bed damaged and has been resent to myself, so all in all not very happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars We love this bed, 15 May 2013
We love this bed. It is excellent value for money. Gas lift is very stiff at first, almost imposible for me to close but it does get easier.

1.0 out of 5 stars 5 Stars for Panoply Furnishings but the bed is awful, 6 Feb. 2014
The bed was delivered and we put it together without much of an issue, though I would recommend 2 people as some parts are quite heavy and fiddly.
Within a few months we started having problems, the metal poles on the bed frame had started to bend causing the fabric on the bed sides to rip. We are not heavy people and so it was a shock that the metal was that thin.
We contacted Panoply who were excellent and sent the parts out, unfortunately they source the bed from another company and the parts sent out were not correct. After receiving the new parts I fitted them and thought it was fixed, however less than 2 months later another metal bar had bent. At this point it was obvious the bed was not suitable for use and so we contacted Panoply again who were again brilliant and managed to get a refund for us.
I would use Panoply again without hesitation, but this bed was awful.