on 31 August 2013
As a fellow Brightonian, I managed to get a pre copy of this book from a book signing after hearing about this amazing endeavour, and I'm so pleased I did.

Written in an informal, diary type style, the book follows the author as he walks around the coast of England. As he walks, his thoughts drift back to his childhood (amongst other things) and it makes for really interesting reading.

After most days, Dave will have reached a certain place and there is often a short excerpt about that particular place and its history. In my opinion this really adds to the book as it's interesting to find out some local facts about certain places going back through history. If you don't want to read about Scarborough in the 10th century though, you can just skip to the walking parts!

Dave and his son Rob (the support driver) gave up such a long time (and money) to do this walk, so if nothing else they deserve a lot of credit for that! The camper van fuel, the campsite fees, the food & drinks each day... it all adds up I'm sure.

Anyway, if you like real-life type books that are inspiring and fairly personal then this will be a good read... when I'd finished I already started to wonder 'why haven't I done anything like this before?'!

The author is also really into positive thinking and good well-being and the book has his recommendations for exercise through walking. This is just another added bonus to the book that I'm sure a lot of people will find useful!

Hopefully this book becomes widely available as this is one I really enjoyed. Well done Dave!
on 21 February 2013
Through brief descriptions of each daily walk the author shares his delight in the scenery, thoughts and feelings of both elation and tiredness, and also his gratitude to generous strangers along the way. Some colour photographs of the journey are included. Overall an enjoyable and inspiring read.
on 11 February 2013
Full marks to the author for his big walk and to his support, mainly his son. Description of the walk are cleverly interspersed with biographical snippits.
on 23 June 2015