4.0 out of 5 stars Very good - works in PORTRAIT as well as CAMEO
The only quibble I have with this purchase is the high price. I understand that now I have "bought into" a particular system I am stuck with the prices that they choose to charge, but I just think it's a bit on the expensive side for what it is - a small blade in a plastic tube.
That aside...
It is a very good blade, and it made me realise that I should have...
Published 11 months ago by Peter Coupe

2.0 out of 5 stars White cap detaching itself
Published 14 months ago by Mike Havler

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good - works in PORTRAIT as well as CAMEO, 31 Aug 2013
Peter Coupe (North Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Silhouette Cameo Blade Holder and Blade (SILH-BLADE-3) (Office Product)
That aside...
It is a very good blade, and it made me realise that I should have replaced my old blade sooner (then I wouldn't have had so many wasted stencils caused by the paper lifting instead of cutting).
I use the Silhouette Portrait, and this blade works fine in it - even though it says that it is for the Cameo in the listing.
I use my machine for cutting stencils from freezer paper, and I find that with a speed of 10 and a blade depth of 2 I get perfect results (until the blade needs changing again that is!).

5.0 out of 5 stars Silhouette Cameo blade & holder, 27 Jan 2013
I have the older model Silhouette SD with the old style blades, this is the first time I've tried the newer cameo blade in my machine. The blade cuts deeper so I cut now cut heavy weight card, glitter card, miricard etc which the old style blade couldn't cope with. I'm delighted with my purchase

4.0 out of 5 stars Cameo Blade Holder and Blade (SILH-BLADE-3), 12 Mar 2013
D. Henthorn (UK) - See all my reviews
The product delivered Ok. But I find that there are some product differences between suppliers, Maybe an updated blade holder, the latest I have bought has an easily removable screw top to clear paper from around the cutter blade. Previous models require use of the height adjustment tool to remove the cap & setting collar.
As the SILH-Blade-3 is available in the US for $6, I think it is over priced in the UK particularly with P&P added

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 July 2014
A1 from me

5.0 out of 5 stars Sihouette blades, 17 Jun 2014
the blades were perfect for the job and have cut well, I will be ordering them again when these ones get too blunt

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 18 Dec 2013
A. White (York, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this to replace my old blade for my SD. No problems with compatibility at all, just slotted it in, changed the settings on the computer, and away it went. Makes me realise just how dull my old blades were, these cut so cleanly!

5.0 out of 5 stars cameo blade holder, 12 Dec 2013
Was amazed how quickly this blade came, far quicker than the delivery date quoted and it was far better than the one that came in my Silhouette

5.0 out of 5 stars Cutting edge, 27 Nov 2013
PandM4D (Dumfries, Scotland) - See all my reviews
Prompt attention to my order, arrived well packaged and great price. Already in use getting my Christmas card designs cut and assembled.

1.0 out of 5 stars this lets cameo down., 28 May 2013
I was very disappointed with the blades for silhouette cameo. they are vey tempermental. and damage so easy. and they are very expensive to replace. I feel this product lets the cameo down. as the machine itself is fantastic

2.0 out of 5 stars White cap detaching itself, 11 May 2013
I have not opned my recent blade yet but the one I have in my Cameo at the moment tends to undo itself, that is the white cap unscrews itself. The problem is it doesn't happen all the time so you can be in the middle of cutting and the white cap becomes detached, and therefore ruins your project. I didn't send it back as I live abroad and it cost a fortune in postage.....lets hope the next one is OK.

Silhouette Cameo Blade Holder and Blade (SILH-BLADE-3)
12.99