4.0 out of 5 stars Fast, Fun Pulp/Sci-Fi
Published on 6 July 2012 by AaronNoir

2.0 out of 5 stars Prequel
I found this book very disappointing. It started off well and then became somewhat trite and superficial - unconvincing. On this basis I would not want to continue reading this series.
Published on 18 Feb. 2013 by Pepper

4.0 out of 5 stars Fast, Fun Pulp/Sci-Fi, 6 July 2012
This review is from: The Stars My Redemption (Far From Home) (Kindle Edition)
The Stars My Redemption is loads of fun and reads at a blistering pace. Abe is a bitterly cynical man who gave up believing in the value of life a long time ago. He's a galactic criminal who wanders from score to score leaving a bloody trail of human and alien carcasses, but there's a stubborn crumb of humanity left inside of him. This is the story of how he rediscovers that lost part of himself and what he decides to do about it.
The book is more vintage pulp than contemporary hard science fiction. There are no paragraphs explaining how the technology works, but there is foul language, a little sex, and a lot of violence. The action sequences remind me of Robert E. Howard. Abe would fit in well with Conan the Barbarian and Solomon Kane.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fast paced and enjoyable, 10 Oct. 2012
C. R. Bullock "crjb" (Colchester) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Stars My Redemption (Far From Home) (Kindle Edition)
The story grabs you right from the outset. It is fast paced and enjoyable. It is written in the style of Star Trek/Star Wars that lets you feel for the characters without getting swamped with the technology. I was tempted to only give it 3 stars due to occasional problems with formatting on my Kindle - very small font throughout and occasional page throws - these could be got around easily, but did distract me from the story itself.
Nevertheless, it kept my attention and was well worth reading.

4.0 out of 5 stars Read this instead of the "tattooed man", 3 Jun. 2013
This review is from: The Stars My Redemption (Far From Home) (Kindle Edition)
I would suggest reading this as it includes the material from the tattooed man but is a longer and more compete story. As far as I can see, nothing directly to do with main "far from home" serioes, apart from being set in an early period. Enjoyable read though and I'm looking forward to more of them (though will wait to buy "collections" rather than individual stories which are far far too short).

2.0 out of 5 stars Prequel, 18 Feb. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars a very nice read, 25 Aug. 2013
This review is from: The Stars My Redemption (Far From Home) (Kindle Edition)
nice to read the story line is very good could not put it down untill i got to the end,well done tony,lets have some more soon.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite a change from Far From Home, 4 Jan. 2014
This review is from: The Stars My Redemption (Far From Home) (Kindle Edition)
A much more adult story but still a good read. The characters are well described and the story intriguing. Good stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good read, 8 May 2013
This review is from: The Stars My Redemption (Far From Home) (Kindle Edition)
A good series to get into, well written and worth getting into and sticking with. I recommend you try it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Abe/Frank/Redd I love them all, 21 May 2012
This review is from: The Stars My Redemption (Far From Home) (Kindle Edition)
As this book's editor, I've read it maybe four or five times in various incarnations. I've grown very attached to it, to its characters, to the story. Abe/Frank/Redd has evolved so much since that first draft, since its first publications in bits and pieces, first as short stories, then as a serial that never quite got done.

It's a fun romp in a refined British-style pulp with characters who are easy to like. Tony's ear for dialogue is terrific, offering an unrefined, rough around the edges feel to an antihero whom you can't decide whether to love or hate.

Even before Tony chose me to edit this book for him, I had grown attached to his main character, so it is with the most basic honesty and zero guilt I not only recommend this read, but label it with five stars. It deserves every one of them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 12 July 2014
I LOVED IT READ THE WHOLE SERIES

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT A BAD READ, 12 July 2013
This review is from: The Stars My Redemption (Far From Home) (Kindle Edition)
far From Home, the books are really just chapters, not a bad read but nowhere near as good as the Startrek Voyager books