on 3 January 2014
Really pleased with this item. It was delivered promptly over the festive period and I agree with the other reviewer who said that the packaging could be used to store additional records.

The case is fairly sturdy and has a nice felt-type lining inside it. I just transferred all my records into it and I still have some space left. It says the case can store 100 LP's. I currently have 63 albums in there (many of which are doubles and triples) and I have space for another ten albums or so, so you probably could fit 100 single record albums in there.

My only minor complaint would be that the lock latches could have been a little more robust, as could the keys which bent slightly when I gave them a vigorous twist.

The case has a handle on top and a handle on each side if you need to move it. I'd recommend that two people work together to carry it around because it's pretty heavy once you fill it with vinyl. However, I won't be moving mine around so this isn't an issue for me.

Overall though, I am very pleased with this item and would recommend it to anyone looking for additional storage for their vinyl collection. I may even come back and buy another one in a year or so.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 29 November 2014
You can tell I am happy with this item as I own 4 and love them. I'm a big 80's fan and have a huge vinyl collection that I've purchased via auctions sites over the last 20 years, so I needed sturdy, but not too heavy flight cases for my collection. I live in Brussels and am from London so at some point I plan on moving my collection, and this is mainly why I decided to place all of my lp's/12's in flight cases.

I've 'hunted hight and low' and checked other cases, and for my purposes this is by far the best one I've purchased. I have a similar design one which is made for fifty, but if you have a large collection these are useless (carry on reading regarding how many these cases hold).

Before I start, I want to point out that security is not an issue for me, so I will not comment on how good the lock is etc as I plan on never locking these, it's for storage.

** Space - I place all of my records in plastic sleeves first, if you also do this bear in mind these cases (and most others) aren't really made with this intention. There's a little wiggle room once you've put a record in a sleeve and into this case, however if it's a gatefold/double album, they become less easy to move back and forward if you browse. It's for this reason that I find the one's that hold fifty pointless, as in reality, if you want to browse the contents and all are in sleeves you'll probably get 30 odd in a fifty case and 70 odd in the 100. I like to leave space to move the contents back and forth I will update this next time I'm home and see if I can load some pics etc.

** Weight - These weigh next to nothing when empty, however, once full with 70+ LP's they are very heavy. I have them currently stacked on top of each other in the corner of the room.

**Stacking - One of the only (small) issues with this case. Whilst they do stack, the annoying thing is due to the handle, they do not sit perfectly on top of each other. Had the box had only the 2 side handles, or raised edges to enable stacking, for my purposes that would've been better. NOTE - Once full, they weigh so much, that for a stack to topple it will probably take the same force as a car impacting a tree (Don't hold me to that).

** - Closing mechanism - 2 clips that pull it closed. These are good enough, and I've moved full cases several times and it does not feel like the top will unclip itself during transit, however I've so far just moved them from one room to another. THIS IS NOT AN ISSUE IF YOU ALWAYS CARRY USING SIDED HANDLES!!!

** - Price. For this price and the fact it's available with Amazon Prime delivery, I've not found better deals. I have seen similarly priced units on other sites, but with the amazon return policy and delivery option I would choose these any day if the week and twice on Sundays.

** - Packaging. If you order 2, expect a LOT of boxes. Each unit comes in a thin, white card box perfectly fitting the case, this white box is in another, more sturdy brown box. THESE BOXES MAKE IDEAL STORAGE BOXES FOR OTHER, LESS VALUABLE LP'S ETC. If you order 2, they place these 2 boxes side by side in another box wide enough to hold 2 boxes.

I will buy more of these should I need them, pics to be uploaded shortly.
on 15 February 2013
Great product does what it says on the tin........ Sturdy and enough room for all records my husband collects so they don't clutter up the shelves.
on 3 November 2014
I received this beautiful box very quickly after ordering, so was delighted. I had read reviews on others which were less than flattering. I decided to spend slightly more and go for something which had received better reviews. I am so glad that I did as the quality and capacity of the box is just what I wanted. I am not a DJ, just someone who wants to store her LPs in a way that looks smart and is very functional too. This box does the job well. I have put all my collection into it and still have room for some extra purchases. I have records that are in single sleeves, some in double sleeves with lots of publicity, and a couple of boxed sets are also tucked away nicely.It all takes pride of place in my kitchen /diner /family room so that I can regale the family with my favourites and it looks good too.
on 22 September 2015
Not one for usually writing reviews but made the exception with this storage case. Service from the supplier was excellent, the case arrived very quickly, ordered it late on the Thursday evening, selected free standard delivery, and it arrived first thing Saturday morning. The case was packaged very well wrapped in a layer of bubble-wrap inside a strong cardboard carton, then inside a further cardboard box.
The case is very well made and sturdy, the locks and hinges are certainly up to the job which they need to be as the case is very heavy when full.
Thankfully there are two sturdy handles on either side should you need the assistance of someone else when carrying.
With regards storage capacity, this was the one area of concern having read a number of conflicting reviews, so this is what I have found.
I have managed to store 87 albums + 6, 12inch singles with enough room left to easily flick through them, so NOT packed in tightly. Of this 87, 15 are Double- albums, are a further 17 are in gate-fold sleeves, so overall I am personally very happy with the capacity and will be ordering another one for the second half of my collection.
on 10 February 2013
For those who have LP's this makes a great way to store them in safety. I would recommend it to anyone.
on 13 January 2016
Nice looking record storage, can hold upto 100 lps buy remember if there double albums won't hold so many.

As I said looks good, it is more plasticky than I expected but hold the lps well. There's a black plastic handle on top and on the sides there are 2 metal handles. The inside is covered in a velvety material.

The locks work fine, don't think it would be hard to break them though, we didn't buy it to lock them away just needed storage.

Hubby who is a big vinyl fan is pleased with this item.
review image review image review image
on 21 November 2013
Bought two of these to transport and store my vinyl collection and these cases are the biz!
Unfortunately I had some difficulties with an Amazon Marketplace supplier for these, although luckily for you there are several suppliers of these on Amazon, so choose your supplier carefully and make sure to read their reviews before you make a choice. (Amazon were great when I had problems, so I'm not complaining about them, just the awful supplier I chose). I will need at least one more 100 LP case and possibly a 50 LP case (I didn't realise how many LP's I've got) so will definitely be buying some more of these - but will take a leaf out of my own book and choose a decent supplier.
on 23 May 2013
Yes it is a very good buy,plenty of room for all my lovely vinyl records.I would recommend this product to a serious vinyl collector
on 22 November 2012
Great storage which looks good as well, the case is sturdy and strong, with an added benefit of having a lock