Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.99

on 9 June 2005
What a read! I don't know what I was expecting, but this book exceeded any expectations from beginning to end. A life rooted in family which appears little affected by hollywood. Wonderful sixties memories, humour, heartache and an obvious deep spirituality. A great actress,daughter,mother,lover and person, like I said pure gold.
on 26 August 2005
Brilliant book. One of the best autobiographies I have read. Goldie Hawn is a truly inspiring lady. Her warmth glows through the pages. A definate must read.
on 5 July 2010
I found this book quite by accident in a shop. I had been meaning to read it for ages, simply because I had heard rumors that Goldie was really quite spiritual and deeply philosophical. I was about eight when I first caught sight of Goldie Hawn on American's "Laugh-In" TV show. She played a ditsy, bumbling, super-giggling blonde who always flubbed her lines. Her eyes were huge and the deepest blue and she had a cute pixie haircut that all of the girls in my class wished they had. This book was a real surprise to me.

Goldie is not only gut-wrenchingly truthful in telling her stories, the book has a depth that I have not read in many autobiographies. One minute I was laughing with the stories of her mother or her father and the next minute, I was weepy over a story of some great truth she had learned through a sorrowful experience. She isn't just an actress telling stories of her life, she actually is able to probe into the deeper reasons that she did was she did and even her mistakes are laid out bare with the lessons she culled from her behavior. Not many people are willing to do that.

It's not only the experiences she shares that are witty or throught-provoking....the book co-written with Wendy Holden is really very well executed. It's rare that I find an autobiography that I don't want to end! This was one. The book is utterly delightful and you will never call Goldie a "ditsy blonde" again...she is quite the entrepreneur, the humanitarian...and the woman who will never take "no" for an answer. A lovely book about a lovely woman. You will laugh out loud in parts and grab a hankie, too. Highly recommended!
on 10 January 2011
If you're after tons of gossip this isn't the book for you. But it's so lovely; gentle, honest, involving and moving, with some great stories in it too.
on 7 March 2006
This is one of the best books I have read in a long time. This isn't just an autobiography, but a human journey which covers everything from siblings, parents, love, travel and loss. It is warm and thoughtful and her observations and articulate ponderings brought tears to my eyes several times as I compared Goldies stories to my own experiences. The book left me with the feeling that I had had a long and intimate conversation with a wise woman and I felt all the better for it.
on 20 May 2005
You have seen the funny Goldie in movies, you have seen the serious side of her as an actress...now read about the real life woman. In all her glory, through ups and downs this bright and funny woman is honest in her reflections and makes no bones about the woman that she is. If you loved her as an actress....you will love her even more as an author.
on 10 August 2014
I really enjoyed this book and found it an inspiring and uplifting read. Goldie gives, what seem to be, honest accounts of periods in her life, that were both good and bad and made her who she is today. I love the intimate and almost conversational style it is written in , which really involves the reader. Goldie does not boost about her achievements and speaks with humility about the success she has achieved.
What I really enjoyed, are the stories she tells about her childhood, her parents and her family, some of which are very moving. She is obviously very interested in the spiritual side of life and it was interesting to read about how she started to practise meditation and how this has helped her stay sane and calm, even in the artificial world of Hollywood.
I read this on my Kindle, but would really like to purchase the paperback for my Mum, as I think she would love it too and it has some pictures and illustrations that would be nicer to browse in a real book.
on 10 July 2005
A truly amazing book & an even more amazing lady. If you purchase this book, you won't be disappointed.
on 7 January 2011
Have not read this book but Im sure it will be full of fun and drama.Can recommend the supplier tho, cuz ordered it 4a xmas prezzie and despite the weather it turned up in time
on 27 April 2014
This has to be the best autobiography I have ever read! I remember watching a documentary Goldie Hawn did a few years back with Ruby Wax and it struck me how spiritual she was. She is a very enlightened woman indeed. I was intrigued to learn about her out of body experience she had in a car crash when she was younger and also about the one her friend had from Private Benjamin. Overall, a much loved woman,wife,mother, daughter and sister.
I bought this on Amazon Marketplace and it was in excellent condition, cheap and delivery was fast.
I would definitely recommend to anyone.