5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Show You Have Never Heard Of
Breaking Bad isn't on British TV much. Its hidden away. So you'd be forgiven for never hearing of this multiple award winning series. However, if you are looking at this because someone mentioned it, you stumbled over a review or anything similar then my advice is simply to buy.

This box-set covers the first four season (series five is currently being...
Published on 21 Aug 2012 by Syriat

1.0 out of 5 stars Most of dvds were loose on arrival and as they ...
Most of dvds were loose on arrival and as they are a gift I cannot unwrap to put in place so am just hoping there not scratched.:(
Published 7 days ago by alison cull

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Show You Have Never Heard Of, 21 Aug 2012
Syriat - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Breaking Bad - Season 1-4 [DVD] (DVD)

This box-set covers the first four season (series five is currently being screened in the US over two years and will be the last series). The set-up in season one is fairly simple - Chemistry teacher (Walter White) gets cancer, becomes drug dealer/creator to pay the bills. The seasons then follow this arc and tell the story of this teacher and a former pupil (Jesse Pinkman) and how their increasing success/mishaps impact on them, family, friends and anyone else who comes into their circle. The creator of Breaking Bad (who had a hand in X Files) wanted to show how a mild mannered guy could turn evil. Given this don't expect an easy ride. Don't expect to have a redeeming end to every episode or season. Don't expect to like everyone. It goes well beyond the cancer line after season one and really follows the path of the main two characters and introduces many new ones (Gus and Saul are just brilliant characters).

Sometimes darkly funny, always well acted (three best acting Emmy's for the always excellent Cranston), always surprising and with a strong cast this is as good as US drama has gotten for many years. The first season is short (seven episodes), the others are only 13 episodes. So its not exactly cheap. There is violence, swearing and it doesn't pull any punches. So if you don't want this either then get something else. Some seasons begin with a brief tease of the end of the season and then build up to that. Others just go full on from episode one. There isn't a weak season so far.

I started enjoying Breaking Bad due its dark tones, humour and hoping that Walter White might just get out clean. I've given up on the last reason and am still loving it. So if you want a series that does all I have said above then you will be well rewarded by this.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic but harrowing, 5 Aug 2013
This review is from: Breaking Bad - Season 1-4 [DVD] (DVD)
The best drama series I've seen since The Wire, and we were hooked from the opening episode onwards. Strange that this doesn't seem to have been shown on TV here in the UK, yet many people know of it and rate it very highly. We're well into season 2 now and if you've seen season 1 and are debating whether to proceed further, all I can say is that it gets more harrowing by the episode.

5.0 out of 5 stars Breaking Bad, 5 Feb 2014
This review is from: Breaking Bad - Season 1-4 [DVD] (DVD)
As one of the few residents of the UK yet to watch the 2 concluding parts of the final Season 5, I cannot wait to complete my viewing of the series and yet perhaps I have delayed the finale as I do not want to finish - that feeling when you are reading a great book and you only have a chapter to go. I can absolutely, unashamedly recommend Breaking Bad. All the characters are great but Walter and Jesse are captivating and the relationship between the two of them grows and changes. Walter's personal journey and transformation is A-maz-ing! Love Hank the brother-in-law and all the cast. I have even gone back & watched episodes with the narration, awesome and so interesting. I thank my niece and nephews for introducing me to BB. It is a hard-hitting series about illness and change, relationships, drugs, desperation and violence with some very gruesome bits occasionally. It depicts what people are capable of doing, when they are driven to extremes! Buy it, rent it just Watch it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great series, 22 Feb 2013
This review is from: Breaking Bad - Season 1-4 [DVD] (DVD)
Great series. Not seen it before but recommended to me so thought I would take a punt. I was not disappointed and can't wait for season 5 to be released!

5.0 out of 5 stars Get into it, 10 Feb 2013
This review is from: Breaking Bad - Season 1-4 [DVD] (DVD)
Its hard to put down. Almost as good as The Wire. I'm half way through series 3 and I'm really trying to hold back because Its a long time til 5 is going to be available.

5.0 out of 5 stars The most exciting tv series ever screened?, 30 Jun 2013
This review is from: Breaking Bad - Season 1-4 [DVD] (DVD)
I purchased this box set as it looked good value for money. I had heard that this series was exciting, but did not expect anything exceptional as I assumed we would have read about it in the papers, or at least heard about it. I was wrong. This is truly a game changer. From the opening scene, right till the end of series 4 I was totally engrossed. The dialog is as sharp as a razor. There are some wonderfully innovative shots. The excitement mounts up exponentially. Just when you think you've just seen the most exciting plot twist in a tv series, something even more exciting and unexpected happens. The characters are so well defined that you engage instantly. But just when you think you really understand a character, their behaviour changes in unexpected ways. Without giving too much away, I would recommend this to anyone you likes exciting tv drama. The best thing about this series, is that you almost seem to stumble upon it by accident, then realise that nothing you have ever watched on TV is in the same league. The worst thing is that all TV seems boring now compared to Breaking Bad.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yo Yo mr white!, 5 April 2013
sam (cornwall.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Breaking Bad - Season 1-4 [DVD] (DVD)
The BEST tv I have ever watched! What a show! A big thank you to my neighbour who strongly recommended it to me. By the time i finished season 4 I was blown away, speechless and just couldn't believe what I had just watched, I had to sit and digest what I had just experienced. Never again in my lifetime will I experience that. The writing is incredible, as is the acting, as other reviewers have said so I won't go on. Just watch it, you won't be sorry, I can promise you that. Ideal for everyone over 18-99 years old. Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best television show ever, 11 Oct 2012
This review is from: Breaking Bad - Season 1-4 [DVD] (DVD)
Of all the television shows I've ever watched this has to be the best. Excellent writing, acting, production and plot development. I can't recommend it highly enough. I cannot understand why it isn't on prime time British television, and I am also amazed that I am writing only the 8th review. Note that all the previous 7 reviews are also 5 star. You can't get better than this. Gripping from the first episode it leaves you wanting more every time.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Characters make the show., 17 July 2014
This review is from: Breaking Bad - Season 1-4 [DVD] (DVD)
The accolades for this TV series are there to see, what is not normally mentioned are the vast array of characters who populate the episodes throughout from the sublime but shoplifting wife of Hank (Marie) to the dodgy Lawyer (Saul) the brilliant other cook (Gayle) the scary drug dealer (Tuco) Walt junior, and so many others that just make this series the most wonderful TV ever to have graced a screen.
The characters, writing, pace, scenery, dialog are just all first class and beyond compare to anything I have ever watched, and now that the last 16 episodes are available, this masterpiece of TV should be on your list of things to watch before you die, get the whole series and settle down to many many hours of glorious escapism which will enthrall you from start to finish, there are no weaknesses.

5.0 out of 5 stars You Will Tell Your Friends To Watch This Show; You Will Want To Re-Watch It With Them!, 26 Aug 2014
This review is from: Breaking Bad - Season 1-4 [DVD] (DVD)
This is a show that was recommended to me by all of my friends over and over again. I finally decided to give in and watch it. I am so glad I did.

This is the best show I've ever watched. Brilliantly written, acted and directed. This isn't a show about drug dealers. This is a show about regular people and how temptation can take hold of you. It's about how we use each other to get the things we want, how we rationalise the evil things we do and how everyone has a different take on what is right and wrong.

I'm a 24 year old male and am currently re-watching this collection with my 26 year old sister and 60+ year old father. They are loving it just as much as I did first time round and I am actually enjoying it more on my second viewing. Very re-watchable.

Breaking Bad - Season 1-4 [DVD]
Breaking Bad - Season 1-4 [DVD] by Bryan Cranston (DVD - 2012)