on 5 July 2014
Speed is excellent, I am usually skeptical about manufacturer issued speeds because it isn't always the case in practice. However, I haven't benchmarked it but the Sandisk Extreme seems to live up to the spec, it's fast and you don't have to worry about stuttering or buffering if you're writing a huge amount of data, such as HD video recording.

I've used this card in a digital camera and a camcorder am pleased with the performance. Recording HD video at 50p for two hours showed no issues.

If you need more flexibility, you might prefer the micro SD version, which comes with an SD adapter, If for example you want to use the card in both SD and micro-SD devices.

Opting for the "frustration free packaging", I was expecting this little gem to turn up in my post box, protected by nothing more than a thin plastic bag. I was suprised to see the card incased in the reusable plastic case, which offers decent protection during storage or transportation without worrying about scratching the terminals. The case itself comes in a Sandisk card envelope, of which in turn is enclosed by an Amazon envelope.
on 12 July 2015
I have so many SD - Micro SD CF Cards I'm not sure what I'm reviewing here as some were lost in transit. But the caveat here is that SanDisk are Simply the Best in this type of technology and I've been using Cards since their beginning, had issues with other brands but to date none with SanDisk - check the main users and see what they recommend it will almost certainly be SanDisk - Highly Recommended Get the Fastest You Can Afford and the Largest Capacity for Video usage /OAK77uk Socially Connected on the Net
on 6 August 2013
A good card and probably represents the best value in terms of speed v price for the amateur photographer. Would be over the top for the happy snapper. There is a small amount of lag when continuous shooting using my 700D hence the 4 stars but for all other purposes is about as good as it needs to be. Would recommend with the only caveat being an even faster card would be better for action photography but the improvement would not be worth the additional cost of another card.
on 17 July 2014
Quick and I would defintely recommend getting the 64GB version, as it means that you can shoot a large amount of HD video without filling your card up.

This works perfectly with DSLRs, and especially for 1080p HD video.

Buy it on Amazon and not anywhere else as it costs roughly half (or more) the price of photography store's SanDisk cards. That means you can get a 64GB card on Amazon for the same price as a 32GB card in stores. A no-brainer!
on 26 September 2014
I bought this based on recommendations on Amazon and photography magazines and it has never caused me any problems.
Needs formatting before first use, but that is easy to do, plug it in and enjoy.
It is also very quick at downloading your snaps and video.
My camera is a Canon EOS 700D.
Happy to also recommend this item.
on 27 July 2014
I got it for my Nikon digital camera and it seems to work giving me the ability to save 9k best quality images - more than enough!
For what it is worth, my small Nikon camera is very picky; some sd cards don't work at all. I think it is an issue with the physical size of the cards as opposed to their capacity.
on 26 February 2014
This card is excellent for both stills and video.
I recently bought a Leica X Vario and decided to buy the largest capacity card for the camera.
Even with the camera on its top settings it gives me in excess of 7800 images.
Well done Sandisk and Amazon! five stars.
on 24 March 2014
This did not work - Buy in a store. I think i got fakes - they just kind of stopped working (i purchased two and had the same problem with both). Also, the speed doesn't make that much difference. I went and bought one with 30 mb/s and couldn't tell the difference at all.
on 30 July 2013
It does exactly what it says on the tin! (or advert)... Packaging was good and delivery was fast.

These are rather pricy, but they are study and used by professionals. I have several of these at home, and use with my Canon SLR.

Highly recommended.
on 14 December 2013
Treated myself to a new camera and wanted something to hold all the photos and videos I intend to take.

This is excellent and is fast enough for going reasonable length videos or holding loads and loads of Jpeg/RAW images.

Highly recommended.