2,380 Reviews
 (1,970)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant
Even though on the description page it says "Up to 30MB/s sequential read/write speeds", the finer print within the product details says "Speed Rating: 20 MB/s (read) 20 MB/s (write)". Just in case anyone is wondering, this IS NOT the 30 MB/s card.

Published on 11 Oct 2008 by Richard Stowey

1.0 out of 5 stars WARNING: BEWARE FAKES
Published 9 months ago by davidnewnham

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 11 Oct 2008
Richard Stowey "Senior Project Manager" (London, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

I have two of them now and use them with my Nikon D90. I can get a lot of video recording out of them and the speeds seem to be able to cope well with the large amount of data recording.

Nice and reliable, good price and the small card reader comes in a small, zip-up, little pouch which is handy! Funnily enough, even though i have two of these, one came with a white usb card reader and the other one was black.

Nice card, price and works well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Save yourself a ton of cash, 27 Sep 2012
A few weeks ago I bought myself a new Canon EOS 600d digital slr camera kit. Rather than shop around online for a memory card, I decided to play it safe and bought one from my local branch of Jessops. It was this card which I bought, and Jessops charged me 49.99. Now that I had my new camera I decided to look on Amazon for a book on the 600d, as well as things like a lens hood, UV filter etc. It was during this search that I came across this memory card being sold at this ridiculously low price of just over 10. About one fifth of the price Jessops charged me. I read a few of the reviews which said it wasn't the card pictured, however, as I was ordering a few other items I decided to take a punt and risk my 10. Now that my items have arrived I am happy to report that I received a genuine Sandisk 16Gb SD card, 45Mb/s write speed, Class 10, exactly as shown in the photo. And exactly the same as the one I paid five times as much for in Jessops!! Needless to say, I think I'll be ordering a few more from Amazon at this price. You can never have too many memory cards! To all those who are sceptical, as I was, I say buy with confidence, and save yourself some cash ;-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what is says on the tin!, 13 Sep 2012
For those looking to buy this card but may have been worried by some of the previous reviews, have no fear! I ordered 2 of these cards at a total cost of 21.54 (price on 11th Sept 2012) and the cards that arrived were exactly what I ordered - 16GB 45MB/s Class 10 SDHC cards. At only 10.54 a card that is a great price, they even arrived 2 day early!!! Keep it up Amazon!

1.0 out of 5 stars WARNING: BEWARE FAKES, 8 July 2013
Sandisk have verified that the 32g card I bought from eBADA on Amazon Marketplace is a fake. I was suspicious when the activation code for the downloadable recovery software included with the card was rejected. Turned out the code had already been used by someone in Japan. I told eBADA who protested that they only sell genuine cards. However, the next day, they credited my account with a full refund. I was grateful for that at least. I then photographed both sides of the card and its packaging and sent the images to Sandisk customer support. The next day they told me it was a counterfeit. The card did appear to work OK, but as I understand it, fake cards sometimes fail without warning after months of use, or they are slower than they should be, or do not have the advertised capacity (they can be programed to show false info about themselves!). After this experience, I bought a replacement card from Amazon themselves - ie not the marketplace, but sold and delivered by Amazon. Sandisk advised me only to buy from their authorised resellers, and Amazon is on their list. So will this one also turn out to be a fake? It's unsettling. I now have three of these cards, bought from different sellers, and comparing them, there are tiny differences with typefaces, labelling etc in all three. So far, all I can say is that I was able to download and activate the recovery software using the code that came with this card. To be on the safe side, I guess I really should send photos of it to Sandisk as well. But do I want this thing to take over my entire life? That way madness lies!

4.0 out of 5 stars class 6 20mb/s as per discription different picture., 22 May 2011
Please note this card is plenty fast enough and l can't notice a major difference. But supplied is a class 6 2 mb/s card as per discription, not a class 10 30mb/s as shown in the picture.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sandisk Extreme III, 17 May 2009
Imran Hamid (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I bought this card to use in the Canon IXUS 990 IS.

HD Video...The movie clips mare are prefect, no slowness at all.

12 Megapixel Photos...I can take full resolution photos with just a 1 second delay.

Continous Shoot...The continous shoot works great, a few milliseconds delay between each shot.

Transfer to PC...3MB photos transfer blindingly fast, also the 60MB video clips transfer in just a few seconds too.

A definate buy if you have a good camera!

5.0 out of 5 stars If you need high speed.... you need this card!, 7 Oct 2008
Just bought this to complement my Nikon D90.... and I am very happy. Shooting RAW, it is super-fast, copes easily with 4.5 FPS and downloading to my PC is now a dream.

If you really do need a fast card.... trust me, you will not be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE !, 11 Nov 2011
I bought one of these 16GB Sandisk HD Video 30MB/s UHS-I cards for my Nikon D7000. And guess what? It worked fine in a Sandisk USB SD card reader but the camera didn't recognise it at all. So I returned it to Amazon, their returns service being exemplary as ever, and received a new card. Guess what? That didn't work in the D7000 either. Just before I was about to return the second card and give up I got an email from Nikon saying there was a firmware upgrade for my camera. I installed it and now the card works fine.

I suspect the problem area is that the card is UHS-I and the D7000 had variable compatibility with such cards as they are quite rare at the moment. I'm guessing that other reviewers here who've bought this card and had no issues with the D7000 have received the 20MB/s HD Video card which I believe is not UHS-I.

So if you have a Nikon D7000 make sure you have the most up to date firmware (Version 1.03) or you are likely to have issues with this card.

5.0 out of 5 stars SanDisk Extreme III SDHC 8GB - High Performance!, 11 Sep 2009
S. P. O'GORMAN (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this card to complement a new Canon EOS500D camera. Until this card arrived I had 'borrowed' a normal speed SDHC card from another camera. However, the speed difference once this new card arrived was absolutely amazing! No more hesitations as the 15MP images were written to disk - just pure point and shoot. This is how digital photography should be. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent sdhc card at a un unbelivable price!, 29 Aug 2011
I've received the correct sd card showed in the photo above: 16gb 30 MB/s class 10! Perfect for my Canon sx 230hs FullHD videos!

ARRAY(0xaed07fe4)

SanDisk SD Extreme 45MB/S 64GB Card - Frustration-Free Packaging (Packaging Varies)
50.59