3,091 Reviews
 (2,322)

5.0 out of 5 stars Buying Sandisk cards from marketplace and Amazon direct
After purchasing many Sandisk cards, and having some problems, after researching up I found some main points.

1 - Sandisk are the most brand currently counterfeited, and it is getting harder to check and find real working ones.
A - The printing on the fake products has got better.
B - The packaging printing is perfect on some fakes.
C -...
Published 10 months ago by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Counterfeit. AVOID.
I have never got reliable operation from this card which I bought in February. I had thought it might be something I was doing, but having tried it in different devices and using different card hosts it remained unreliable. I have messaged the seller but they have not responded.

Published 3 months ago by AlanMusicMan

5.0 out of 5 stars Buying Sandisk cards from marketplace and Amazon direct, 12 Jan 2014

A - The printing on the fake products has got better.
B - The packaging printing is perfect on some fakes.
C - Even the hologram on packaging is perfect on some fakes and some are using stolen ones from Sandisk.
D - Sandisk will say that do not buy micros if they come with a adapter as they are fake as they do not put adapters with micros. This is not true, Sandisk do supply them, they are made by Hama for Sandisk, and the micro cards are real.
E - Some fakes are infact real, they are real Sandisk cards which are faulty in some way, these are then stolen from the factory and then altered. So these packaging, hologram and card are in fact real but faulty. These serial numbers will come up on Sandisk warranty as destroyed at factory, and on return to Sandisk they will confiscate them and not refund a card or money as it is stolen property. You will just get a letter saying just this.
F - Fakes are either OK and working with the size purchased but made by some one else, a cheaper rebadged maker/factory.
G - Fakes are either not OK and not the real size you purchased. Thus either a real Sandisk card mainly 4Gb altered to look like your size, or worse a fake did made by some one else. This can be a size or speed issue ie. States it is a 10 but is a 4, or standard SD instead of hcsd or xcsd.
H - To make thinks worse. In 2012 Sandisk made some cards wrong and they got out of the factory by the millions in various packaging, these mainly are Ultra. The fault seen is that on phones and tablets using android or Linux the card drops out or goes corrupt error, but intact not currupt on reboot of the device. Some are getting the normal faults also and just die to early.
I - Sandisk still make Ultra II. I ordered a U2 and got a ultra so it must be a fake, no this is not true. Sandisk renamed U2 and U2 plus as just Ultra now. As technology standard has gone up, was speed 2 is standard 4 ultra and 6 ultra plus. Now ultra just means 6 to 10 and extreme is better than 10. So a ultra card with 10 u I on it that does say 7 MB/s is not fake it is within spec. If you get speed 9 or 10 or 11 MB/s then you just got a good batch. As 10 MB/s and above are labelled up as extreme if they do 9 and above. So if you really want speed 10 = u1 then buy extreme version.

So it is really hard to know if you have a fake now. Even if real the size and/or speed are under par, or worse is a factory stolen fault batch product.

What to do : -

Only buy from direct either Amazon directly or Jessops or Picstop which are main dealers.
Sandisk only will replace fake cards from Amazon direct and not fulfilled or marketplace, although within the 30 days Amazon will refund the money.

Most on EBay are fakes.

Fakes are also found secondly on Kingston and Samsung.
Most fakes are found on high capacities as this are easy pickings and low prices.
Do not buy 32 64 at cheap offers
Never buy the new 128 or higher from unknown sellers as these will be fake.
256 512 and 1TB are made to order only and in small batches. Sandisk to order only, Crosair have limited ones in stock directly at Amazon direct. Expect to pay more that £1 per GB on them any cheaper then ask why before buying them. 128Gb is around £105 and 64Gb about £50 as price is now dropping. 32Gb no less than £18 in sale and £25 normally. Extreme x600 are around 70 higher and extreme pro 150% higher. Ultra are x200. The more in size means slower speed. So a 1Tb USB key is very slow is speed 2. So if using for video watching or video taking or photo taking then you need speed not size first. Size first if you using MP3 or storage, phones and tablets need 6 and above. Normal cameras just need 4. SLR cameras need 10 extreme and above. PC / Mac / Linux PC any speed OK for storage and MP3 else above 6 if watching YouTube HD or 720HD video or speed 10 or U I for 1080p HD video.

When you receive the card do these first before using them
1 = do not open, but type the barcode in Google and check it matches to your Gb size and text under the barcode as most fakes the Barcode will come up as 4Gb.
2 = check the card with a SD checker program for check and verify. Search free program on Google.
3 still get this far and passed all, then place very large media files and play for 4 hrs, if this gives an error bad video file or SD card has been removed or SD card is corrupt or needs reformatting , but on reboot it works then you have a real but faulty batch. Refund or warranty or just buy a Samsung or Kingston. Lexars are sandisk now. sandisk own lexar.

Side note ... Sandisk cruiser USB keys are getting couterfeted so take note and do the same as above
And also nearly all cruiser nano USB let's are fake, never seen a real one, even directy from amazon. And Sandisk will confiscate them if you do a warranty claim, so check within amazon refund times to check and if not OK then make a return claim with Amazon. Amazon know all about this I have asked many time what is their counterfeit procedure as the website states they have one, but I have never seen or got an answer how do you put in a claim ony told put in a claim with legal services at amazon.

1.0 out of 5 stars Counterfeit. AVOID., 1 Aug 2014
AlanMusicMan (North Cornwall) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: SanDisk SDSDQU-064G-FFP Ultra 64 GB Class 10 Micro SD Card with SD Adapter - Frustration-Free Packaging (Label May Change) (Accessory)

This week I gave up and contacted SANdisk direct to invoke warranty. I sent them photos of the card and today they have informed me that it is a counterfeit product. So now, unless Amazon give me a refund I reckon I am out of options and will have to buy another card.

ADDENDUM:
Thanks Amazon! They gave me a full refund so I can now buy a proper working card. No more Amazon resellers for me. Only buying direct now.

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware of fakes!, 20 Feb 2013
I purchased two of these cards in early January - one for my wifes HTC Desire C and one for my own Galaxy S3.
Within the month, my card stopped working. The phone could not recognise the card and neither would my PC so I was unable to try reformatting it. I have returned this card to Amazon for a refund which is in process. My wifes card is still working ok.
In parallel with this return, I have been in contact with Sandisk and they have confirmed that my wifes card is not a fake as it has a serial number on the reverse which they have validated. My card (although purchased with my wifes) has no such serial numbers on it. Sandisk advise that these can become "rubbed off" but advise purchasing only from Amazon directly and not one of their resellers on their MarketPlace. They can't say conclusively, but I believe my card is fake. You can register your card with Sandisk and I would recommend you do this if you buy one of their cards to find out quickly if you've been supplied with a dud - you only have 30 days in which to return your card with Amazon so be aware!

5.0 out of 5 stars Buyers Read before leaving crappy Reviews, 24 Aug 2012
Amazon.com please put similar information on all the card product pages

people, please read this from sdcard.org before leaving crappy reviews on the product. It explains everything anyone would want to know about the card

[...]

Before Using Your SDXC Memory Card

SDXC standard-based memory cards and devices (digital cameras, video cameras, laptops, etc.) are now available. As an early adopter of the new SDXC standard, it is important that you understand how to use your new SDXC memory card to its greatest ability.

Confirm Compatibility

Before inserting your SDXC memory card into your device, confirm the device is compatible with the SDXC standard by locating an SDXC logo on the device or referring to the device's user manual or manufacturer information. Remember:

SDXC device......only SDXC card (64GB upto 2TB)
SDHC device.......both SD card and SDHC card (SDHC cards are 2GB up to 32GB)
SD devices........only SD card (Sdcard are up to 2GB only)

Understanding Backwards Compatibility

SDXC memory cards must only with SDXC devices.
SDXC devices can use SD, SDHC and SDXC memory cards.
SDHC memory cards can be used with SDHC and SDXC devices.
SDHC devices can use both SD and SDHC memory cards.
SD devices can only use SD memory cards.
Only Use SDXC Memory Cards in SDXC Devices

SDXC devices are backwards compatible, so they accept SD and SDHC memory cards. SDXC memory cards must only be used with SDXC devices and should never be used in non-compatible devices. If you need to format an SDXC memory card, you can typically format it by using your SDXC device or by using the SD Formatter 3.0 with your computer.

If an SDXC memory card is inserted into a computer or device that does not support the SDXC standard, a message may prompt you to format the card. Do not format the SDXC memory card in a non-compatible device because it will erase the data on the SDXC memory card and format the card for a different file system, making it incompatible with SDXC devices.

Possible Device Messages

1. Non-compatible computer

If you accidentally insert your SDXC card into a computer that does not support SDXC (using a direct SD slot or USB reader/writer), the following messages may appear:

Possible Messsages:
*You need to format the disk in the drive'X' before you can use it. Do you want to format it?
*The disk in drive 'X' is not formatted. Do you want to format it now?

CHOOSE NO/CANCEL!
DO NOT FORMAT, OTHERWISE THE CARD IS NO LONGER SDXC FORMAT...I.E. NO LONGER 64GB AND WILL ONLY RECOGNISE A MAX OF 32GB (27.9Gb ON PC)

2. Non-compatible Device

If you accidentally insert your SDXC memory card into an SDHC device that is not compliant, the following messages may appear:

Possible Messages:
*Card Error
*This card cannot be used
*Please check your card
*Format the card

CHOOSE NO/CANCEL!

SDXC Memory Cards for Computers

The exFAT file system used for SDXC is available on Microsoft Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP (SP1 or later) with exFAT file system update (KB955704) available from the Microsoft Download Center.
You can access the SDXC card by using an SDXC compatible USB reader or adapter.
If you want to use an SDXC card in the SD slot on your computer, you need an SDXC compatible driver for the SD slot.*
Contact your computer manufacturer to confirm the SD slot on your computer is compatible with SDXC cards and for availability of the SDXC driver.
* An SDXC-compatible driver for the SD slot can be downloaded from the following Microsoft sites. However, please check with your computer manufacturer to determine if the following download is applicable to your computer before applying the download.

Windows 7 Drivers
32-bit Version...[...]
64-bit Version...[...]

Windows Vista Drivers
32bit Version..[...]
64bit Version...[...]

SD Formatter...[...]

5.0 out of 5 stars 64gig micro sd, 31 Oct 2012
I am happy with my micro sd. It works in my HTC Sensation and is fast, I have enough audio books, music and home movie space now, so I only transfer when I actually want to. It takes 2 weeks to get it, but that is better than paying more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 25 Nov 2012
Item arrived on time as stated matching the description. Works brilliantly with Samsung Galaxy Note 2. I simply inserted it and bingo!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gulp - take the plunge, 16 May 2012
Who ever thought they would squeeze 64gb onto a card the size of a fingernail?

This memory card is ideal for anyone that needs to store a large amount of data but also requires the ability to be able to easily swallow said data card in the event of being apprehended by law enforcement officers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great - 64Gb of micro memory madness, 4 Sep 2012
Chris A "chris_store" (From my undersea lair) - See all my reviews
Hi,

just to let you know I brought this from Amazon (they are an authorised scandisk dealer). I had to wreck the packaging to get at the card, so in this respect it seems a genuine product (compared to knock off ebay copies for which the 'retail' card was only glued at the corners), plus there are reference numbers on the back of the card (though I have not checked with scandisk about these numbers).

This micro SDXC Card was reported as damaged when I inserted it into my phone, tablet and computer (I assume because they don't natively support SDXC formatted SD cards). Neither my phone or computer would re-format it into FAT32 or anything else acceptable (I tried the windows formatter, command line formatter and a couple of downloaded formatters including the one from the SD organisation, none worked). Luckly my trusty HTC desire HD automatically reformatted it into a format that was accepted by the computer and tablet as well, hurrahhh!! Suddenly the supposed 32Gb MicroSD card limit on my new Samsung Tab 2 and HTC Desire HD is blown away!!!

Windows reports it will take 2 hours to fill the little disk. therefore at that rate it would be about 9 Mb/s which is high (remember this is the write speed), or rather this is about right for a class 10 product.

I will report back with a full review shortly.

In short nice little card with a big memory, but beware if you don't have an SDXC compatible device or some means to re-format the disc, otherwise you are looking at a pricey tiddlywink.

4.0 out of 5 stars Head and shoulders above the competition...,, 15 July 2014
Crookedmouth ":-/" (As seen on iPlayer) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
I have produced flakes of dandruff bigger than this, yet it has the memory capacity of a small herd of elephants (or a herd of small elephants? Who can say?). Isn't modern technology wonderful?

I bought the 32GB version to pop into my new smart-phone (a Samsung Galaxy Ace) so that I could use it as an mp3 player as well as a pocket camera (oh yes, and a phone). 32GB is twice the capacity of my old Walkman which was beginning to groan at the seams so, short of shelling out more than a half-ton for the 64GB card, it seemed like a decent choice.

Popped it into the phone and watched it format and then started to transfer my entire music collection. I may not be John Peel, but I do have a few albums (I daren't count them) and they filled the card up to just over half-full. Excellent! Plenty of space left for musical expansion, apps and photos.

This is supposed to be an "ultra speed" card: presumably it's quicker to load files on and off and access them as well. I can hardly comment with any authority, never having timed that sort of thing, but I will say that I managed to transfer on all of my 16GB of music in the time it took to run a bath. Well, OK - I exaggerate, but I would have expected something like that to take up a long and boring evening in front of the laptop and was VERY pleasantly surprised.

The card comes with an adapter that allows you to use it as a full-size SD card should you so wish - a miracle of electronic engineering all in itself, if you ask me.

The only down-side is that the card is so small that if you take a deep breath, you're liable to inhale the bloody thing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works with Nokia Lumia 1520 and Microsoft Surface 2, 15 July 2014
My cards came pre-formatted as exFAT 119gb free space in Windows.

Popped into USB3 card reader on my desktop PC to transfer files to them. Averaged a little bit slower at transferring files onto the cards than i was expecting. Used a desktop PC (Rampage IV Extreme, 64gb Ram, i7-3970X) so the pc is no slouch.

In any case, once the files were on, they were accessible immediately on the pc, nice and snappy.

Transferred one card into my Nokia Lumia 1520 and the other into my Microsoft Surface 2. Cards work perfectly in both devices as soon as you insert them. Read speeds in my mobile devices very good, using entirely for Music on both devices to free up onboard storage for apps and video.