1,447 Reviews
 (1,087)

5.0 out of 5 stars Buying Sandisk cards from marketplace and Amazon direct
After purchasing many Sandisk cards, and having some problems, after researching up I found some main points.

1 - Sandisk are the most brand currently counterfeited, and it is getting harder to check and find real working ones.
A - The printing on the fake products has got better.
B - The packaging printing is perfect on some fakes.
C -...
Published 6 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware of fakes!
I purchased two of these cards in early January - one for my wifes HTC Desire C and one for my own Galaxy S3.
Within the month, my card stopped working. The phone could not recognise the card and neither would my PC so I was unable to try reformatting it. I have returned this card to Amazon for a refund which is in process. My wifes card is still working ok.
In...
Published 17 months ago by Mark T Skinner

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware of fakes!, 20 Feb 2013
In parallel with this return, I have been in contact with Sandisk and they have confirmed that my wifes card is not a fake as it has a serial number on the reverse which they have validated. My card (although purchased with my wifes) has no such serial numbers on it. Sandisk advise that these can become "rubbed off" but advise purchasing only from Amazon directly and not one of their resellers on their MarketPlace. They can't say conclusively, but I believe my card is fake. You can register your card with Sandisk and I would recommend you do this if you buy one of their cards to find out quickly if you've been supplied with a dud - you only have 30 days in which to return your card with Amazon so be aware!

5.0 out of 5 stars Buying Sandisk cards from marketplace and Amazon direct, 12 Jan 2014

A - The printing on the fake products has got better.
B - The packaging printing is perfect on some fakes.
C - Even the hologram on packaging is perfect on some fakes and some are using stolen ones from Sandisk.
D - Sandisk will say that do not buy micros if they come with a adapter as they are fake as they do not put adapters with micros. This is not true, Sandisk do supply them, they are made by Hama for Sandisk, and the micro cards are real.
E - Some fakes are infact real, they are real Sandisk cards which are faulty in some way, these are then stolen from the factory and then altered. So these packaging, hologram and card are in fact real but faulty. These serial numbers will come up on Sandisk warranty as destroyed at factory, and on return to Sandisk they will confiscate them and not refund a card or money as it is stolen property. You will just get a letter saying just this.
F - Fakes are either OK and working with the size purchased but made by some one else, a cheaper rebadged maker/factory.
G - Fakes are either not OK and not the real size you purchased. Thus either a real Sandisk card mainly 4Gb altered to look like your size, or worse a fake did made by some one else. This can be a size or speed issue ie. States it is a 10 but is a 4, or standard SD instead of hcsd or xcsd.
H - To make thinks worse. In 2012 Sandisk made some cards wrong and they got out of the factory by the millions in various packaging, these mainly are Ultra. The fault seen is that on phones and tablets using android or Linux the card drops out or goes corrupt error, but intact not currupt on reboot of the device. Some are getting the normal faults also and just die to early.
I - Sandisk still make Ultra II. I ordered a U2 and got a ultra so it must be a fake, no this is not true. Sandisk renamed U2 and U2 plus as just Ultra now. As technology standard has gone up, was speed 2 is standard 4 ultra and 6 ultra plus. Now ultra just means 6 to 10 and extreme is better than 10. So a ultra card with 10 u I on it that does say 7 MB/s is not fake it is within spec. If you get speed 9 or 10 or 11 MB/s then you just got a good batch. As 10 MB/s and above are labelled up as extreme if they do 9 and above. So if you really want speed 10 = u1 then buy extreme version.

So it is really hard to know if you have a fake now. Even if real the size and/or speed are under par, or worse is a factory stolen fault batch product.

What to do : -

Only buy from direct either Amazon directly or Jessops or Picstop which are main dealers.
Sandisk only will replace fake cards from Amazon direct and not fulfilled or marketplace, although within the 30 days Amazon will refund the money.

Most on EBay are fakes.

Fakes are also found secondly on Kingston and Samsung.
Most fakes are found on high capacities as this are easy pickings and low prices.
Do not buy 32 64 at cheap offers
Never buy the new 128 or higher from unknown sellers as these will be fake.
256 512 and 1TB are made to order only and in small batches. Sandisk to order only, Crosair have limited ones in stock directly at Amazon direct. Expect to pay more that 1 per GB on them any cheaper then ask why before buying them. 128Gb is around 105 and 64Gb about 50 as price is now dropping. 32Gb no less than 18 in sale and 25 normally. Extreme x600 are around 70 higher and extreme pro 150% higher. Ultra are x200. The more in size means slower speed. So a 1Tb USB key is very slow is speed 2. So if using for video watching or video taking or photo taking then you need speed not size first. Size first if you using MP3 or storage, phones and tablets need 6 and above. Normal cameras just need 4. SLR cameras need 10 extreme and above. PC / Mac / Linux PC any speed OK for storage and MP3 else above 6 if watching YouTube HD or 720HD video or speed 10 or U I for 1080p HD video.

When you receive the card do these first before using them
1 = do not open, but type the barcode in Google and check it matches to your Gb size and text under the barcode as most fakes the Barcode will come up as 4Gb.
2 = check the card with a SD checker program for check and verify. Search free program on Google.
3 still get this far and passed all, then place very large media files and play for 4 hrs, if this gives an error bad video file or SD card has been removed or SD card is corrupt or needs reformatting , but on reboot it works then you have a real but faulty batch. Refund or warranty or just buy a Samsung or Kingston. Lexars are sandisk now. sandisk own lexar.

Side note ... Sandisk cruiser USB keys are getting couterfeted so take note and do the same as above
And also nearly all cruiser nano USB let's are fake, never seen a real one, even directy from amazon. And Sandisk will confiscate them if you do a warranty claim, so check within amazon refund times to check and if not OK then make a return claim with Amazon. Amazon know all about this I have asked many time what is their counterfeit procedure as the website states they have one, but I have never seen or got an answer how do you put in a claim ony told put in a claim with legal services at amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, it's here!, 10 May 2014
Andreas Iacovou (London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
I have been waiting for 128gb micro SD cards for a long time and I'm delighted it's finally available to buy from Amazon. I was unsure if it would work in my Sony Xperia Z Ultra but no problems at all (shows 119gb free space). I also tried it in a Galaxy s4 and it worked just fine.

It's a speedy little card, so far no issues holding stacks of pictures, music and movies. If you can get hold of a phone with 64gb inbuilt memory then you could have 192gb on your phone or tablet...nice if you are a hoarder like me :-0

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 25 Nov 2012
Item arrived on time as stated matching the description. Works brilliantly with Samsung Galaxy Note 2. I simply inserted it and bingo!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant. I dont believe it. Really?, 13 Jun 2014
P. D. Fox "Lover of musix" (Surrey, England) - See all my reviews
I remember my first hard drive, and my first memory cards. 128GB in *this* size? I still dont believe it. I write this as I sit here filling it up - copying my 64GB card over with stuff on disk to fill up the rest. Do I need this? No. Do I want this? Yes.

First thing I did was format it as an ext4 linux filesystem - shows as 120GB after formatting. I am storing video on this. My mp3 collection is only 30-40GB. 120GB means I can store 3 months of video on the card without needing to do a weekly top up. It is truly amazing and hats off to SanDisk.

Been watching the price since release - it hit 86 pounds (down from 120 or more) at its peak. With any luck, will keep going down til its parity with other devices at the GBP/GB area.

It allows me to avoid buying a new phone, and makes me laugh at the over priced/under-spec ipads. Now I can only consider tablets with sd or microsd card slots and get the same huge storage on them.

Speed wise - its obviously not hard-drive speed and seems respectable. I wont quote the speed, because I havent done a speed test, but no worse than the 64GB sandisk microsd card.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a 128gb micro sd card. it's fast and so far very reliable., 18 May 2014
I have been waiting for this for over a year after it was first promised early in 2013. As I now do all my processing on my Samsung galaxy note 10.1 2014 I needed extra memory. I have over 12,000 photos, plus videos, music, documents etc..my 64gb card was almost full. I copied my 64gb card to my laptop and then copied I t back to the 128gb card with no problems. The galaxy note reads it perfectly. It is incredibly fast bringing up images virtually instantaneously.
This is a piece of micro technology genius. I remember 20 years ago updating my 40mb hard drive to 80 mb. How far we have come is amazing. If you need more memory for your tablet don't hesitate. This card is brilliant. Now I'll wait for the half terabyte one.😁

5.0 out of 5 stars buy without hesitation, 12 Oct 2012
Prompt delivery, Used in galaxy s3 mobile. class 10 uploading is very fast. android app sandisk memory is very useful. value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars 64gig micro sd, 31 Oct 2012
I am happy with my micro sd. It works in my HTC Sensation and is fast, I have enough audio books, music and home movie space now, so I only transfer when I actually want to. It takes 2 weeks to get it, but that is better than paying more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 25 May 2014
Steve (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I bought one of these for my Lumia 1520. With the Windows Phone 8.1 update you can now run apps from the MicroSD card and so far I've had zero issue with it, they function just as they would from the internal storage.
It's hard to imagine filling up the whole card but it's nice knowing I won't run out of storage space and won't have to constantly swap cards.
If you can afford it I recommend the purchase, I was lucky to get one when it was priced 80 and I don't regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Used with Microsoft Surface 2, 10 July 2014
C. Kyriakos (CY) - See all my reviews
I'm using this with a Microsoft Surface 2, which actually states that it supports cards up to 64GB, but this works fine. I bought this primarily because I bought a Microsoft Surface specifically for the expandable storage and have been waiting forever for this size card to be produced. After a recent effort with another SD card which I discovered was a Bootleg Samsung from another seller (don't worry, Amazon shut him down already), I went with the option which was widely publicised. SanDisk is reliable and I have been using their cards since forever. I have a 512MB one somewhere and have always been upgrading as soon as I can. I'm a sucker for size! None has ever failed and I am entirely satisfied with them. This one I formatted to NTFS to use with my device and it was able to transfer information from a USB3.0 hard drive through a 3.0 port easily. I transferred approximately 7000 files at about 35GB which were mostly music, videos and photos and it took roughly 40 minutes. That's all my media on a couple square millimetres. I feel so insignificant yet so powerful! I'm entirely satisfied with this and I will always rely on SanDisk.