Top positive review
171 of 175 people found this helpful
on 21 October 2012
I am a Type 2 diabetic, and, like all diabetics, am particularly concerned about the health of my feet. I find this Revitive CX Circulation Booster feels as though it really does me a lot of good in terms of maintaining good circulation in my feet and ankles. My ankles no longer swell.
My "common man" understanding of how this device works is that that when you rest your feet on the rubber pads it transmits electrical impulses into the muscles of your feet, calves and ankles. This causes the muscles to expand and contract stimulating your circulation. The sensation is more akin to electrical stimulation of your muscles rather than massage/vibration.
The Revitive CX works very well in my opinion. I think it's important to get a properly branded and certified device such as this one - it is, after all, a proper medical device. With the Revitive brand there is the added benefit that they are UK based and can readily be contacted by phone. This unit also comes with a TENS facility and includes detachable electrodes for use on pain centres elsewhere on your body, although, I personally don't use that facility. To use the machine for your feet you need only rest them on the comfortable foot pads.
The Revitive CX is a well made device that comes complete with a remote control and power adaptor. You can set the timer and power level via the remote (for your feet or body). It isn't recommended to use it for more than 30 mins at a time although you can use it more than once a day. The sensation it evokes in your legs and feet is unique and your body seem s to tell you it's doing you good. Depending on the power level you set (I find around 35-45 is best (the max is 99)) your muscles will tingle and you will feel it work - sometimes it takes a while until you feel it working. After a session on this machine you really do feel much better and your legs/feet feel more supple.
A few other things to mention;
- If you suffer from certain chronic illnesses you may be able to claim the VAT back.
- It's not suitable for people with certain conditions and those that are pregnant or have pacemakers etc. - check the Revitive website for details.
- Beware of cheaper imitations - from what I've seen there are a number of uncertified products out there (although I'm not suggesting this product is the only bona fide one).
- Don't stand on the unit - it will break! - it is only designed for you to rest your feet on.
- Finally check on the Revitive website for offers - sometimes you can get the next model up in the range which has a few added features for the same price as the CX.
In summary, a very worthwhile investment in your wellbeing. Recommended.