Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I am a Type 2 diabetic, and, like all diabetics, am particularly concerned about the health of my feet. I find this Revitive CX Circulation Booster feels as though it really does me a lot of good in terms of maintaining good circulation in my feet and ankles. My ankles no longer swell.

My "common man" understanding of how this device works is that that when you rest your feet on the rubber pads it transmits electrical impulses into the muscles of your feet, calves and ankles. This causes the muscles to expand and contract stimulating your circulation. The sensation is more akin to electrical stimulation of your muscles rather than massage/vibration.

The Revitive CX works very well in my opinion. I think it's important to get a properly branded and certified device such as this one - it is, after all, a proper medical device. With the Revitive brand there is the added benefit that they are UK based and can readily be contacted by phone. This unit also comes with a TENS facility and includes detachable electrodes for use on pain centres elsewhere on your body, although, I personally don't use that facility. To use the machine for your feet you need only rest them on the comfortable foot pads.

The Revitive CX is a well made device that comes complete with a remote control and power adaptor. You can set the timer and power level via the remote (for your feet or body). It isn't recommended to use it for more than 30 mins at a time although you can use it more than once a day. The sensation it evokes in your legs and feet is unique and your body seem s to tell you it's doing you good. Depending on the power level you set (I find around 35-45 is best (the max is 99)) your muscles will tingle and you will feel it work - sometimes it takes a while until you feel it working. After a session on this machine you really do feel much better and your legs/feet feel more supple.

A few other things to mention;

- If you suffer from certain chronic illnesses you may be able to claim the VAT back.
- It's not suitable for people with certain conditions and those that are pregnant or have pacemakers etc. - check the Revitive website for details.
- Beware of cheaper imitations - from what I've seen there are a number of uncertified products out there (although I'm not suggesting this product is the only bona fide one).
- Don't stand on the unit - it will break! - it is only designed for you to rest your feet on.
- Finally check on the Revitive website for offers - sometimes you can get the next model up in the range which has a few added features for the same price as the CX.

In summary, a very worthwhile investment in your wellbeing. Recommended.
99 comments171 of 175 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 January 2013
I bought one for my husband he is a type 2 diabetic and has problems with his feet for the past 5 years his feet have been very painful and numb he had trouble standing with his eyes closed ie in the shower washing his hair because of the numbness in his feet he used to fall over he now walks the dog for miles he is a new man pain free and can now feel his feet.when you have problems with your feet it's amazing how it affects your every day life within 5 days of use the improvement has been remarkable
11 comment61 of 65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 15 November 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have been using this product for three weeks and all I can say in all honesty is that I wish I had paid for and ordered this years ago.

I first ordered a foot tapper from QVC the shopping channel years ago as I have the most painful jumpy legs. This gave up the ghost a long time ago and since then I have been using oils and potions to help but to be honest had until now found no replacement for my original purchase.

As I have said I received this three weeks ago, and to be frank have used it twice a day since it landed. I have not suffered from jumpy legs at all since my first day. I use this on only level twelve and have worked my way upto that. It does not use tapping as my original but uses electric pulses which when used together with gel on my feet give the most effective treatment.

This is worth every penny in fact its weight in gold if you suffer like me from jumpy legs. It does in all honestly take a little getting used it as it works similar to a Tens Machine. It also comes with electic pulse stimulators as with the tens machine so if you have very very stubbon muscle problems this will do the trick.

I must admit to not having a problem with my circulation as such except for this condition so cannot speak for all aspects of what this beauty is capable of but if like me you suffer with jumpy legs trust me its amazing.

If you are looking for a tapping on the soles of your feet please do not purchase, while the electrical pulses cause a similar effect to that of a foot tapper that is all. Its a totally different sensation which is not unpleasant it work like reflexology but without the sensation that you get with it.

It is a considered purchase at the price but one worth it if you suffer from many conditions it brings the world of spa and tens treatment into the home
0Comment44 of 47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 December 2012
I bought this for my 102 year old father who had seen it advertised. He wanted it to help with his swollen ankles and painful legs. He has used it twice every day since he got it and says that it has certainly helped, and indeed his ankles don't seem to be so swollen in the evenings now.
0Comment23 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 22 October 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Easy to set up and use, I found that the effects were felt at intensity level 25 (ranges from 1 - 99) but when a thin application of a urea based heel balm was used then it started at 20. I started with a 10 minute spell although 30 minutes is the default. The timer beeps each minute it counts down. It was noticed that sometimes a stronger pulse was felt although settings had not been altered. Felt better even after one use. It is not a vibrating or massaging type unit but relies on electrical impulses that trigger the muscles to contract.

The TENS pads have long leads and will reach any other part of your body. They are stated to last between 20 and 30 applications but need to be kept against a double sided keeper to help prevent the gel like surface becoming dusty. Replacements are available at £10 inclusive of VAT from the Revitive website under accessories. TENS stands for transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation.

Will need to keep the foot pads clean by wiping with a soft cloth but use a good quality one as there are ridges on the foot supports.

There are certain cautions - for example:
not to be used on the neck for people with epilepsy
not on stomach or womb for the pregnant
broken or bleeding skin or bleeding from any tissue
malignancy

As well as instructions not to use at all if you have a heart Pacemaker or AICD, in the first three months of pregnancy or have deep vein thrombosis.

If you suffer from sprains or numbness or long term inactivity then a low intensity and shorter duration is suggested at the start.

The user's manual is clear with useful FAQ section.

No real niggles but I wonder whether there is a market for a carrier for the TENS pads and remote to keep them secure?

It might seem costly but comparable to private physiotherapy treatment (often at £30 or so per session) or other treatments this puts a well made and medically certified product into a right perspective.
0Comment64 of 71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 April 2013
Pains in my ancient legs impaired my ability to get up out of a chair particularly. I also experienced pain above the knees in the lower thighs which made walking a bit of a trial. After a few sessions on the circulation booster, getting up to as much as 70% power, the pains started to reduce. Now I can get up and walk again Call me Lazarus!
0Comment54 of 60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 March 2014
Only been using ot for a week or so, but I have found it straightforward to use and [I think] effective. My feet are certainly aching less even after a long walk.
on 8 May 2014
this arrived on time and in perfect condition. Very easy to set up and use. After 4 weeks the cramping in my legs has reduced quite considerably and dog walking is much more fun now I have less pain. I would certainly recommend it.
on 19 July 2015
After writing my review regarding this product, which I had found to be very good after a short time, I continued to use it, only twice a day, and then very early one morning I was awoken with a terrible pain in my right knee. It was throbbing very badly and swollen. I took pain killers but they had no effect. I tried to walk but found the pain excruciating. I rang my doctor who got me in straight away and I had to have a wheelchair to get me in the doctors surgery. My doctor examined my leg and knee as I was worried it was DVT or something similar. My doctor asked me if I had done anything different and I told her about the Revitaliser machine. She told me to stop using it immediately. She gave me anti inflammatory cream, which I have now been using for three weeks and it is a little better. My doctor thought it was arthritis and not to use the machine any more. I said the machine was sold with one of the factors being to help arthritis. This is a problem which needs to be looked into as it can affect a lot of people with arthritis. I would like to hear the comments from the manufacturers on this. Thank you.I was a bit doubtful whether this would help my feet and legs but on using it for only a few days I was amazed at how different they felt. I can move my ankles much better and walk much better. I have not been able to walk very far for many years but I feel less pain than I have for years. If this keeps up I shall be running a marathon soon!!! The price was amazing too and delivery within two days fantastic. Well done Amazon.
on 29 May 2014
Working on a computer all day, this tool helps me to create activity for my legs whilst they would just be lazy otherwise.. I am still in the process of fine tuning how to best use it. I feel knees pains after a while if I use this machine too much..