5.0 out of 5 stars Ridiculous price
What a piece of kit for the money. It's not going to compete with a £300 camera so don't expect it to. If it lasts a year I'll be extremely happy, the sound activation worked when checking what my dog gets up to when I'm out. Delivered within a week at christmas time too.
Published 6 months ago by Ian a

3.0 out of 5 stars Adjust your expectations.....
... and all will be well.

i have to say - I got mine from ebuyer but it's the same as the one on sale here.

Just let's not forget - this is a mini-camcorder for under a tenner - once again - a mini-camcorder for the price of a pint and a portion of chips - and some change!

I have some serious video equipment in my arsenal - so maybe I am...
Published 7 months ago by Tommo

3.0 out of 5 stars Adjust your expectations....., 5 Feb 2014
This review is from: eLifeStore® MD80 Mini Sports DV DVR Digital Video Camera Camcorder, 720*480 2 mega pixel Higher Resolution DVR UK (Electronics)
... and all will be well.

I have some serious video equipment in my arsenal - so maybe I am at an advantage when it comes to the quality I would expect for a piffling price - but goodness - don't some people get their knickers in a twist.

So, firstly, if you get one of these and it doesn't work - why - just return it for a refund - how simple can it be.

Next - be careful - really careful - when you insert the sd card - I can see how one could easily jam the sd card under part of the internal frame - just be patient and don't force it (ooooeeerr)

operation? a doddle - long press power - it switch's on - then press record to start, and record again to stop - it's that challenging.!

Video quality - well - it's dreadful - but I guess you can sorta 'effects' it in your chosen NLE to make it look passable - ish.

Size? brilliant - if only a GoPro where this size!

Connection to your PC is easy - just plug in and it shows as a removable drive.

My main SERIOUS criticism would be that (at least on my version) you cant turn the effing date-stamp off that appears on the bottom right-hand corner. Hey-ho - one can't have everything I guess.

Angle of view aint very wide - low-light ability poor natch.

But come on - in good light - it's passable (just - oh OK, not really) and you can stick in in some interesting places!! I use it to supplement some of my other 'locked down' stuff just to give me the luxury of the odd choice of viewpoint here and there. It really aint that bad - really - especially for nine pounds!

so - to sum up - if you get a 'baddun' return it (you are covered by the DSR after all) - otherwise - marvel at what you are getting for a paltry price and have a heap of fun - anyway - must be off - I think my dog has just eaten mine......

Kind regards.

1.0 out of 5 stars THIS IS A FAKE, 13 May 2014
Kihon (Belfast, Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
How to tell a MD80 from a D001

MD80: Matt front D001: Shiny front
MD80: Slide switches for power & mode D001: Push switches
MD80: Time stamp is white D001: Time stamp is yellow
MD80: Box Front Says 'Mini DV' D001: Box Front Says 'Voice Recorder'

PS The MD80 Angle of View is 60 degrees, the D001 AoV is just 20.

[...]
Go to Gearbest(DOT)com to get the REAL one for £11! They also have a waterproof case for it!
I have NO affiliation to them but I'm sick of Amazon rip offs.

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless, Windows 7 doesn't recognise, won't charge - two faulty now avoid., 6 Aug 2014
Bought from WMicroUK, the first camera I bought, I thought I'd lost the CD out of the box. So figuring as a cheap cam, I'd just get another.

Nope this also arrived also without the disk.

the two cameras have now been on charge for 24 hours. and 36 hours respectively, into proper USB chargers, not just a usb port on a computer. Neither show that they are fully charged according to the manual.

When plugged into a freshly built windows 7 machine, is asks for drivers.

So that blows this out of the water for using is as a webcam as advertised then.

the controls are not intuitive, not obvious.

I set my 11 year old the challenge to get some pictures on it, (with the manual) they failed.

I managed it, but I'm not sure what resolution I set, how I set it for voice recognition or a whole heap of other features it's supposed to have.

So out of it's features.
Manually and sound activated recording - Nope. Manual sort of.
Webcam function for online video chat - Nope no CD
Operating System: Windows 2000 / XP / Vista / Window 7 - Nope that's a fib.
Charge Time: About 3hours - Nope. 36 hours and counting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ridiculous price, 8 Mar 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks good...., 7 Nov 2013
too bad the manual is so poorly translated I still have to figure how to operate it properly! Not suitable for outdoors activity, as the case is not waterproof and very light.

4.0 out of 5 stars Clip falls apart, 26 July 2012
H. P. Tokins "Critic Tokes" (Lincoln UK) - See all my reviews
Purchased from Elifestore. now unable to contact them. Is a great little camera. In fact amazing how good the reproduction pictures are. On second use the provided clip fell apart and as it is a strong coil spring and central pin I am unable to reassemble. Should like to contact Elifestore for a return and replacement of this malfunctioned Clip. Checking on Google Search seems that this company is unavailable everywhere. So buyer beware.

2.0 out of 5 stars Missing parts, 5 Aug 2014
Ms S. Lawn (Yorkshire England) - See all my reviews
Lots of bits missing, including the disc driver. This means I cannot change the date on the camera which is imprinted on every clip and as I wish to use it to collate evidence, renders it pretty useless for me. I can watch bits of video from it, but the date stamp being wrong means I cannot forward them as evidence.

4.0 out of 5 stars sport cam, 26 Mar 2014
nice cam like it works ok no chance to try it yet on the road easy to work with . just need to have a Remote control

4.0 out of 5 stars it works very well., 6 Mar 2014
i bought this item and i thought it was not going to be that good but trust me it work well and the image was clear. very good for the price. seller was very good. will recommend it.

3.0 out of 5 stars very cheap.t, 27 Feb 2014
these are cheap and flimsy. first one never came but that was not the sellers fault but they sent replacement with no hassel.
they are very poor in low light but as a dash cam for daytime use I think its fine.