on 6 August 2014
Bought from WMicroUK, the first camera I bought, I thought I'd lost the CD out of the box. So figuring as a cheap cam, I'd just get another.

Nope this also arrived also without the disk.

the two cameras have now been on charge for 24 hours. and 36 hours respectively, into proper USB chargers, not just a usb port on a computer. Neither show that they are fully charged according to the manual.

When plugged into a freshly built windows 7 machine, is asks for drivers.

So that blows this out of the water for using is as a webcam as advertised then.

the controls are not intuitive, not obvious.

I set my 11 year old the challenge to get some pictures on it, (with the manual) they failed.

I managed it, but I'm not sure what resolution I set, how I set it for voice recognition or a whole heap of other features it's supposed to have.

So out of it's features.
Manually and sound activated recording - Nope. Manual sort of.
Webcam function for online video chat - Nope no CD
Operating System: Windows 2000 / XP / Vista / Window 7 - Nope that's a fib.
Charge Time: About 3hours - Nope. 36 hours and counting.
on 5 February 2014
... and all will be well.

i have to say - I got mine from ebuyer but it's the same as the one on sale here.

Just let's not forget - this is a mini-camcorder for under a tenner - once again - a mini-camcorder for the price of a pint and a portion of chips - and some change!

I have some serious video equipment in my arsenal - so maybe I am at an advantage when it comes to the quality I would expect for a piffling price - but goodness - don't some people get their knickers in a twist.

So, firstly, if you get one of these and it doesn't work - why - just return it for a refund - how simple can it be.

Next - be careful - really careful - when you insert the sd card - I can see how one could easily jam the sd card under part of the internal frame - just be patient and don't force it (ooooeeerr)

operation? a doddle - long press power - it switch's on - then press record to start, and record again to stop - it's that challenging.!

Video quality - well - it's dreadful - but I guess you can sorta 'effects' it in your chosen NLE to make it look passable - ish.

Size? brilliant - if only a GoPro where this size!

Connection to your PC is easy - just plug in and it shows as a removable drive.

My main SERIOUS criticism would be that (at least on my version) you cant turn the effing date-stamp off that appears on the bottom right-hand corner. Hey-ho - one can't have everything I guess.

Angle of view aint very wide - low-light ability poor natch.

But come on - in good light - it's passable (just - oh OK, not really) and you can stick in in some interesting places!! I use it to supplement some of my other 'locked down' stuff just to give me the luxury of the odd choice of viewpoint here and there. It really aint that bad - really - especially for nine pounds!

so - to sum up - if you get a 'baddun' return it (you are covered by the DSR after all) - otherwise - marvel at what you are getting for a paltry price and have a heap of fun - anyway - must be off - I think my dog has just eaten mine......

Kind regards.
on 13 May 2014
How to tell a MD80 from a D001

MD80: Matt front D001: Shiny front
MD80: Slide switches for power & mode D001: Push switches
MD80: Time stamp is white D001: Time stamp is yellow
MD80: Box Front Says 'Mini DV' D001: Box Front Says 'Voice Recorder'

PS The MD80 Angle of View is 60 degrees, the D001 AoV is just 20.

[...]
Go to Gearbest(DOT)com to get the REAL one for £11! They also have a waterproof case for it!
I have NO affiliation to them but I'm sick of Amazon rip offs.
on 8 March 2014
What a piece of kit for the money. It's not going to compete with a £300 camera so don't expect it to. If it lasts a year I'll be extremely happy, the sound activation worked when checking what my dog gets up to when I'm out. Delivered within a week at christmas time too.
on 7 November 2013
too bad the manual is so poorly translated I still have to figure how to operate it properly! Not suitable for outdoors activity, as the case is not waterproof and very light.
on 27 January 2014
I thought I was buying a video camera which was suitable for using my bike-cycle, IT IS NOT, the only way to use it is to wear it on you pocket on car dash-board ,
ALSO when you put in the mirco Sd card it go get stuck in easy , and you have to take it to pieces to get the card out, NOT SO GREAT
on 27 February 2014
these are cheap and flimsy. first one never came but that was not the sellers fault but they sent replacement with no hassel.
they are very poor in low light but as a dash cam for daytime use I think its fine.
on 1 November 2014
What a load of rubbish. I dumped it because it would not even charge. To return it was not worth the extra expense. I've learned my lesson, cheap is as cheap does !!!!
on 26 July 2012
Purchased from Elifestore. now unable to contact them. Is a great little camera. In fact amazing how good the reproduction pictures are. On second use the provided clip fell apart and as it is a strong coil spring and central pin I am unable to reassemble. Should like to contact Elifestore for a return and replacement of this malfunctioned Clip. Checking on Google Search seems that this company is unavailable everywhere. So buyer beware.
on 4 May 2014
MD80 DVR this little cheap DVR copy of the MUVI version that costs over 3X the amount of this is great it records picture fine and sound is good too, your not gonna be the next Spielberg with this item but for the price it's a good little machine, it's tiny and compact and comes with a silicone case and 3 positioning stands for different uses and a lanyard, the most used stand would be for me the clip stand but mine was snapped when I got it ...easily sorted bit of glue no worries, I bought it use mainly on my road bike just incase I had an accident it would hopefully be captured on the cam, I know a few people that have cameras on them when out and about on their bikes for this reason. the image on screen on playback is zoomed in slightly so if your positioning it to record something specific always place it further away than you think, its not a DRIFT series camera nor will it reproduce the quality of one of these but for under a tenner it will do the job well great buy