5.0 out of 5 stars If you have children and/or shop at Ikea, buy this.....,
I've just used this screwdriver for everything from hanging wooden blinds, installing child locks on the kitchen cabinet doors, and removing and replacing the switchplates when I paint a room to name a few.

Its small and easy to use but is still powerful.

This new lithium ion battery stays charged for months but the IXO can be stored on the charger...
Published on 1 Jun 2012 by Dad

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best...
I bought this as I believe that Bosch are one of the more reliable makes, but this one has good and bad points:

Good points:
Compact - driver and bits easily accessible on a convenient stand/charger.
Always fully charged - though not sure how the batteries will cope with this over time.
Strangely reassuring to have a magnetic bit-holder...
Published 12 months ago by Cabinboy

‹ Previous | 118 19 2024 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Bosch IXO 3.6V Cordless Lithium-Ion Screwdriver with Right Angle Adapter and Easy Reach Adapter, 15 July 2012
This review is from: Bosch IXO 3.6V Cordless Lithium-Ion Screwdriver with Right Angle Adapter and Easy Reach Adapter (DIY & Tools)
Wow, bought this to replace my Black & Decker screwdriver that used primary cells. It fits snugly into ones hand and the the the light adequately illuminates the screw head, handy for those in the dark places i.e. under the sink. A really good purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun small and does a great job, 15 Sep 2013
Highly recommended for use in the home. Especially after a big buy at ikea. This version (I had the old one too) has a long battery life and recharges quickly and easily

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent tool, EVERY household should have one!, 13 Sep 2013
I bought a Lambo one for my Dad (Tonino Lamborghini Volt Lithium Ion Screwdriver on sale at Argos for 11 or so.

I bought this one for myself and paid about 23 on sale too. I have to admit, they're both the same to me except the Bosch one comes with those 2 extra head bits which I'm yet to find a use for. I have to say, in terms of design, the Lambo one is better because you can screw clockwise or anti-clockwise without have to mechanically change anything like you do with the Bosch. With the Lambo you choose a button on the rocker and that's it! With the Bosch you have to push the red clip to the other side. Also the Bosch light is orange and comes on when you start use the machine or hold the button lightly (if you don't want it to screw and just want the light) but you have to focus on how much pressure you use to do that. With the Lambo, its a button for the light and its a nice bright white light. Imho, go for the Lambo one, you won't be disappointed (so long as you find it at a good price too).

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Perfect, 11 Sep 2013
This is a great item especially for someone like me who has a lot of problems with hand and wrists it means I don't have to depend on my husband to tighten up all my screws, and it fits my hands just fine. As I am the one who does all the DIY at home this has been a godsend. the Eccentric Adapter is great too as is the Angled Adapter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly useful! This makes a wonderful present for any DIY'er to be honest, even those with more powerful tools already., 10 Sep 2013
PRO's:
For years, I have used a regular screwdriver and this has been a vast improvement. It's fast, strong and convenient.
It comes with an internal lithium ion battery which means you are free to charge whenever you feel like (you don't need to wait for it to discharge first),

Do not be tempted to buy a drill bit. It may have the power to do small jobs but the hex holder on it won't grip it meaning that it will 1) wobble when drilling and 2) get stuck and leave the drill bit in the hole

I highly suggest to buy the torque setting add-on, extra screw bits (i.e. you would need more flat heads) - Don't buy too long screw bits as they become wobbly (no more than 5 cm I would say).

The extra angle and easy reach add-ons are only worth buying as part of the 40 deal. Buying them separately would be a waste of money in my opinion. (After all, how often would you need them and if you did, you could resort to using a non-electric screwdriver).

CON's
Care required as you can over drill screws in to soft, flat-pack wood etc.
It has 2 settings. drill IN, drill OUT. Meaning you can't slowly drill screws in like you can with a normal regular drill.
One battery and it is internal - Run out of juice = back to using non-electric screwdriver.

3.0 out of 5 stars Be aware, 2 Jan 2013
Paul Higbee "Old Dancer" (Lincolnshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Fixing new screws in is easy. Taking old screws out is easy. However, with no clutch getting more tightness onto old ones is impossible.

3.0 out of 5 stars Divided opinions in our household, 16 Dec 2012
Takes some getting used to. Seems well designed, and works well for IKEA furniture. The light is useful for dark corners. But some smaller Phillips heads would be useful - the bits provided don't work that well with small screws.

5.0 out of 5 stars A life-changer for a non-handyman like me!, 15 Sep 2012
I can say with hand on heart that purchasing this Bosch Cordless Screwdriver has been a life-changing event. DIY has never been my strong point. Quite frankly, despite being a bloke, I have always found it laborious and often painful. Until now!

I'd been struggling to assemble a (fairly complicated) flatpack cabinet using traditional manual screwdrivers. I wasn't doing very well, had blistered and wounded my right hand quite badly with the old screwdriver, and the cabinet was in danger of remaining semi-flatpacked for all eternity. My girlfriend suggested trying a cordless. My main concern there was that these tend to suffer from short battery life, but that's largely due to my not having kept up to date with technological advances over the years. So I searched on Amazon, saw that the Bosch IXO 3.6v was coming in for high praise from many previous purchasers, had a reliable, rechargeable long-life battery and was a pretty reasonable price. So I opted to go for it. A few days later it was in my bruised and battered hands. Half an hour after unpacking and charging the Bosch, the cabinet was assembled without a hitch! So easy. Painless and almost effortless!

Now I'm enthusiastically roaming the house looking for more opportunities to employ this Bosch. I absolutely love it and can't wait to get stuck into my next DIY task.

Really, it is versatile but so easy to use. It's ergonomic design means it fits comfortably into the hand. It even looks pretty cool. It's early days so I can't yet comment on the battery life, but all the signs are positive. I am delighted with this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best so far, 22 July 2012
I have tried several Cordless Screwdrivers as I have been building an extension over the last two years. This knocks the others into a cocked hat, it is geared right down so great Torque, it will put a 3 1/2" screw fully in with only a 1" pilot hole. I have done 10 3 1/2" screws straight off and it keeps going. The Silverline and Black and Decker wont even do 1.
The best value for money I have come across, I have a few other Bosch tools and they all work as described and more. Well Done Bosh

5.0 out of 5 stars as expected, 5 Aug 2014
Kevin J (Hayling Island) - See all my reviews
neat looking looking battery driver ok time will tell, with additional chucks turns battery screw driver in to small drill

‹ Previous | 118 19 2024 | Next ›