5.0 out of 5 stars If you have children and/or shop at Ikea, buy this.....,
I've just used this screwdriver for everything from hanging wooden blinds, installing child locks on the kitchen cabinet doors, and removing and replacing the switchplates when I paint a room to name a few.

Its small and easy to use but is still powerful.

Published on 1 Jun 2012 by Dad

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best...
I bought this as I believe that Bosch are one of the more reliable makes, but this one has good and bad points:

Good points:
Compact - driver and bits easily accessible on a convenient stand/charger.
Always fully charged - though not sure how the batteries will cope with this over time.
Strangely reassuring to have a magnetic bit-holder...
Published 12 months ago by Cabinboy

5.0 out of 5 stars If you have children and/or shop at Ikea, buy this.....,, 1 Jun 2012
Dad "Just a DAD" (Bristol) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Bosch IXO 3.6V Cordless Lithium-Ion Screwdriver with Right Angle Adapter and Easy Reach Adapter (DIY & Tools)

Its small and easy to use but is still powerful.

This new lithium ion battery stays charged for months but the IXO can be stored on the charger without damaging the battery.

I like the fact that it is always charged when I need to use it.

I received this as a gift and liked it so much that I've purchased several more for the family.

This tool is the ultimate time saver! If you frequently assemble toys or have to put together flat packed furniture you will be very glad to buy this device.

It comes with plenty of bits including hex so no more fiddling with Allen keys also has an Ikea bit - wonderful.

It is compact enough to reach into plenty of corners a normal drill or screwdriver can't fit into.

Great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars fabulous, 12 July 2012
Derek Middlemass "Delboy555" (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
I've had Bosch power tools since my epiphany when I changed from another brand that rhymes with Sack and Becker. I find Bosch products well designed and made and have had many years use out of them. The reasons I bought this are a/ I wanted a purpose made screwdriver rather than using a cordless drill and b/ I wanted a right-angle attachment for a particular job I want to do. I saw the IXO in various forms on Amazon and noticed that the screwdriver alone was 45 and the full kit was 84 from some suppliers. There is even a limited edition version encrusted with Swarovski crystals for 241! This one is just under 40 and as usual for Amazon it arrived almost before I ordered it. I had a slight problem with the tin it came in until I realised it separated in the middle and not at the top. It was fully charged in a couple of hours and ready to go. For a 3.6 volt tool it has loads of torque and is ergonomically designed to fit the hand nicely. I am now able to do the job I bought it for which has limited access which is where the right-angle adapter comes into play.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality little screwdiver.... yet, 5 Jun 2014
A. Camilleri - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
The Bosch IXO is a compact and lightweight tool ideally suited for a variety of screwdriving tasks in and around the home. It hosts an integrated long lasting 3.6V Li-ion battery, and a 3 position slide switch: Forward, Lock, reverse.

The unit comes in a very handy metal container which houses the tool, charger and 2 other attachments:
- Right Angle Adapter
- Easy Reach Adapter

In order to attach these adapters the rubber part on the front of the tool needs to be removed. This part comes off very easily and a recessed notch will aid removal. Any of the other two bits can now be easily snapped on. Removal of these bits is also very easy. Turning the indicated part on the bit itself anti clockwise will release the attachment.

This tiny 3.6V tool packs in some punch, yet I see this as a double sided sword. Whilst it gets the job done in no time, there is a risk of stripping the screw head as it does not sport any torque settings. You would have to buy an optional Torque Setting Attachment which costs an additional 11.99

The intuitive lights on the top part of the tool indicate FWD, REV and will ligt up when the trigger is pressed whilst the middle light indicates the charge. When this light turns orange the tool needs to be recharged. Once placed on the charging cradle the light will turn green and when charge is complete it will turn off.

Pros:
✓ Great build quality
✓ Very ergonomic design
✓ Long Battery life

Cons:
- No adjustable torque settings
- Not a variable speed
- FWD /LOCK/ REV switch can be easily knocked off the desired position

------------------------------------------------

Tips:
When stowing away the screwdriver, I put a tiny piece of paper between the charging contacts and the screw driver. Whilst I have no proof that this would prevent discharge, it was presented this way when I bought it.

As With all Li-ion batteries, never let the battery to fully discharge as this could result in a shorter battery life.

----------------------------------------------------

This is a great tool, which gets the job done. Yet if you had to factor in the price of the IXO plus the variable setting attachment head then the Bosch PSR 7.2 LI Cordless 7.2 Screwdriver, 1 x Li-Ion Battery is a serious contender. It offers more power, variable speed, variable torque, a sturdier drop in charger and a larger 7.2 Li-Ion battery.

Highly recommended to anyone wanting a solid, easy to use cordless screw driver at a very competitive price.

Hope you find this review helpful.

4.0 out of 5 stars Goes anywhere, but needs more flexibility, 28 May 2014
R. Bowden (Vale of Belvoir, UK) - See all my reviews
The screwdriver is light and fits both my and my wife's hands comfortably. It has plenty of torque, and the attachments mean that it will work almost anywhere, even at a 90 degree angle. The collection of bits is comprehensive, and they fit very well. The battery lasts about an hour of constant work (screwing together a feather-edge fence) and recharges in a couple of hours.
The only downside is that the trigger does not graduate the torque...it is pretty much an on/off switch, so if you're not careful it will spin on the screw and ruin the screw head.
All in all a good tool, but not perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive !, 12 May 2014
netty (Basingstoke) - See all my reviews
I got this for my husband for Xmas, I was actually disappointed when it came and it was sooo small! I thought what's this! It was tiny and not what I thought at all, but when my husband charged it up and started to use it, he said it's amazing and gets into corners and places that's hard to get too with a screwdriver , the angled heads are useful and he's used it many times, he actually said that he wouldn't be with out it now, so I can recommend this seller and this product, it saves time and hand pain with arthritis! Excellent product, just don't worry about the screwdrivers size, it's brilliant! It came well packaged and we hand to sign for it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bosch IXO, 29 Jan 2013
Great product at a good price. Very useful and it is powerful despite its small size. It is very adaptable with the attachments provided.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best..., 22 Aug 2013

Good points:
Compact - driver and bits easily accessible on a convenient stand/charger.
Strangely reassuring to have a magnetic bit-holder.

Bad points:
Small - not that convenient for big hands.
I'm not keen on the forward/reverse being controlled by a slider - much better to have a rocker switch trigger which gives you the option. The slider switch can too easily be changed by accident by big hands (like mine).
The light is a bit gimicky - its not that bright.

Despite this, I bought this with the two adapters at a bargain price so won't complain too much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bosch "Super" Mini Driver, 20 Feb 2013
Already have the earlier version of this tool and was very impressed,bought this version and all the features are improved, and with the additional upgrades it is hard to see how it can be beaten.Coupled with the excellent service I have had with Bosch ,would recommend this to anyone

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful item, 16 July 2012
Bought as the pack has the 2 right-angle and eccentric adapters. Very easy to install on the IXO's end, just remove the rubber cup and snap lock the adapter in. The right-angle adapter takes some getting used to as you are driving at 90 degrees. The eccentric adapter is v.useful for screws near corners and edges, with a lot of different angles you can set it at.

Together with the ace IXO itself, the charger and 10-bit set this is a must-have item for anyone doing DIY as it is so useful. Also the IXO while being v.small has a lot of power and I have driven in 2" wood screws through a thick carpet into floorboards no problem. Used the silver universal bit holder to get more torque on the driving. The IXO's head takes 1/4" hex shank bits and you can use longer drive sets for better reach in fiddly areas.

The presentation tin is beautiful with the picture of the IXO extruded in colour.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the most useful DIY helping tools I've ever purchased., 21 July 2014
V. Kanth (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Sometimes you speculate if having a not so cheap tool is really required. How did I manage so far using a simple screwdriver with interchangeable bits? Sure, for most part I wouldn't need it perhaps but the other day I got a computer desk from IKEA which I needed to assemble at home. Took me 20 mins to put it together (most of which time I took in reading the manual and identifying the parts). The screwing takes seconds. For its size its very powerful, light and fits snuggly in my hand. The right angle attachment is god sent. That really helped with putting the shelves in place with screws going right at the edge and very hard to reach at the rear sides. I could use a regular manual screwdriver but I chose to make my DIY experience better with this tool. Highly recommended.