on 5 September 2012
Purchased this cable for my galaxy s3. Did not work the first time I connected it. Re-booted (restarted) the phone then it seemed to work ok. Every time I tried to use the cable I had to restart the phone to get it to work. Then my phone started playing up and not recognising the phone charger. Again I had to reboot to get it charging again. Checking other suppliers sites I found out that this cable is not suitable for phones running Android above 2-3-3. It seems to upset the software in the phone. So how can it be suitable for the S3 running Android 4-0-4 ??? Its a real shame as it is a great piece of kit for transferring files. But Google have also stopped their Android File Transfer app from working with Macs since a recent update. As Apple are dropping Google Maps for their own version in the forthcoming iOS 6 software update it makes you wonder if they are trying to stop easy transfer of files between phones. Gave the cable to my mate who has a Galaxy S2 with older Android running so all is not lost.
UPDATE TO THE POST ABOVE--it would appear the problems I had with my phone while trying the usb to go cable have stemmed from a faulty charger which upset the software in the phone. I am now using an Apple usb charger and the USB To Go cable works fine now. If anybody else has charging issues with the S3 then try an APPLE charger which I am sure Dcrescent sells.
on 11 July 2012
No issues with this when used with a Samsung Galaxy S3. Accessed all my media on USB key and hard drive with no issues.
on 4 October 2012
This is a tiny little piece of an amazing product which works just fine from the very first go.
Just plug in to your device and it starts working right away. I've a Samsung Galaxy Note and it worked fine with it. It fits to your phone very well. Just a word or two of caution,
1. This product is not so hard-built, so make sure that you handle this with proper care or else you might break the internal connection.
2. make sure USB debugging is turned-off in your device for the device to recognize this.

I would strongly recommend this for working perfectly having such a small price.
on 15 April 2013
I was looking for a micro USB flash drive orginally but my fruitless search led me to wonder if an adapter existed to use a regular USB flash drive with a micro USB port, such as on my Xperia P phone - lo and behold it does!

Arrived within a week and worked first time. Perfect for a sealed phone like mine if I want access to all my music without clogging up the phone memory.

Highly recommended!
on 9 July 2012
This cable is great, it works flawlessly as a replacement for my Galaxy Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II and I can use it for many different other devices around the home as well. Especially considering the price, I was pleasantly surprised to see that it came with a 10-year warranty too. It is a great cable at a great price, with a fantastic warranty to boot.
on 21 June 2014
For my Nexus 7 2 and HTC One m7 is this very useful, because it can't handel every usb powered accessories you can think of. Form a keyboard and mouse to a usb-host form normal sd-cards and micro sd-cards.

I have also have a OTG that is powered, because sometimes I need to have my hard drive of 2TB on my HTC One m7 or Nexus 7 2. But it takes about 10 minutes to prepare 2TB hard drive om my phone and tablet.
on 18 March 2013
this product does not fit the sony xperia s as advertised.

it fits other sony tablets and other xperia models
so like many sellers do,this ones made an assumption that it fits all of them.

i wish sellers would check there facts before making assumptions about compatability
most dont and it can be extremely frustrating not to say annoying out here.
on 24 September 2012
I purchased this item for my Samsung Galaxy S III and it works great.
I just plugged it in and then tried a usb flash drive, keyboard, mouse and everything worked from the start.
I even tried a usb wireless reciever for xbox 360 controllers and it connect to my controller (you have to get an app from the store to play games).
It's really usefull.
on 22 December 2013
The otg cable looked very used with visible marks and scratches and all over it, the cable was very temperamental sometimes the Samsung S3 would recognise it after insertion and many times it would not even show up... Its totally stopped working now after a few uses, cheap quality product, not worth the price at all
on 9 March 2013
I brought a new pc tablet and needed a connector to go from micro usb to usb 2, so that i could use the tablet on my main pc and also on my printer, i found this to be a fantastic little gadget, it does exactly what you want it to do, great price and looks good,